Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,659 Members 44,526 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Working Sideloaded APK List - No longer being updated

Tip us?

VICosPhi
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Default Dish world app not working properly on Fire TV

Anyone know why the Dishworld app shows vertical black bars as if the pic is in 4:3 ?
RELEASE the Craken on people against net neutrality

Brapabout
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Update for PicaSim: unable to get any Spectrum RC transmitter to USB devices to work with the FireTV so it's looking like game controllers only for now. Also you must unplug the keyboard/mouse before starting or it will bind controls to the keyboard instead of the game controller.

JJ-KwiK
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
I don't have the time to maintain this thread anymore. Is there anyone interested in doing it?
If so, I can talk to a mod about changing the owner of the thread. Let me know if anyone is interested.

computercarl
Old
(Last edited by computercarl; 3rd August 2014 at 03:15 AM.) Reason: adding more apks.
Thanks Meter 7
Wink more games

Candy crush - works good.
Subway surfers - cant start a game, even with rotationscreenorientatation.apk installed and locked to landscape.
Sure there will be more that I will be trying, as I have two young kids (7 and 10) that will want me to install a ton of games.
Carousel by dropbox doesnt work quite right, rotated screen.
Showbox works good.

soulassasin187
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I haven't still. Anyone with any ideas? I really want this to happen. please let me know. thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrk1533 View Post
did you find any options to get it working?

chris.carstens
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Has anyone tried NFL Now? I know it is "coming soon" to the fire TV, but hoping maybe I could side-load until then.

Thanks,

Chris
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Rom: Rooted Stock

Device: Samsung Note 10.1
Rom: OmniROM 4.4

jimbou1981
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I installed a couple apps last night with Google Play tricked into thinking it's an aio asus nexus 7.
- NFL Game Rewind (5 minute Free preview after install!)
- CandyCrush (nothing like crushing candy on the big screen )
Both apps worked great - A Mouse and possible keyboard required

I'll try to check out the NFL Now app via Google Play later tonight and see how that works.

jimbou1981
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.carstens View Post
Has anyone tried NFL Now? I know it is "coming soon" to the fire TV, but hoping maybe I could side-load until then.

Thanks,

Chris
I installed NFL Now direct from Google Play, it does work, but unless you already subscribe or are really desperate, I'd wait for the official FireTV version to be released. When I first launched it, I viewed an ad and then it forced closed after the ad, I re-launched the app and this time it started with the latest week 1 preseason highlights. I was able to log in into my NFL account and select my favorite team(s). Not much could be done without paying the monthly subscription fee. You can watch Most Popular, Fantasy, Training Camp, and Can't Miss Play for free.

- NFL Now (via Google Play) - works - requires mouse & possible keyboard (I only used a wireless keyboard/mouse to test, but a mouse would be needed to navigate)

The Following User Says Thank You to jimbou1981 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]