Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,388

3,242 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshelby73

Knox is pointless for business as my business only use iphone

Sent from S4 using Tapatalk

And your business is the only business there is, so obviously no other business people use Android

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
11th May 2014, 09:04 PM   |  #62  
Thanks Meter: 116

641 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshm.1219

And your business is the only business there is, so obviously no other business people use Android

I guess some may use Android but most company's stay with one device makes their tech support easier. Just like all the computer's stay on the same operating system. Their seem to be more iPhone in the wild so that's what most company's use. We used to bring our own device now they just issue us iphones.

11th May 2014, 09:22 PM   |  #63  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,388

3,242 posts
More
Quote:

I guess some may use Android but most company's stay with one device makes their tech support easier. Just like all the computer's stay on the same operating system. Their seem to be more iPhone in the wild so that's what most company's use. We used to bring our own device now they just issue us iphones.

Of course it's easier to use one device, my friend's company issued them all S4's not a multitude of different Android devices. I just don't understand the point you were trying to make? I think you got yourself a little confused. Why would Knox be "pointless" because most businesses use iphones? Samsung invented Knox exactly for that reason, to try to gain enterprise customers.

Last edited by joshm.1219; 11th May 2014 at 09:26 PM.
11th May 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #64  
Thanks Meter: 150

538 posts
Quote:

Whoosh! And your facts are wrong - Android has more than 4 times the market share of iOS. If you want to claim that most companies use iOS, you'd better have something authoritative to back that claim. As another already pointed out, using your own company as an example is only anecdotal - it doesn't represent all companies.

Also, one reason iOS is fairly well accepted by corporate IT departments is because of the security provided (and difficulty of circumvention), which is exactly why Samsung is working to increase the security of its own offerings - that's what enterprise customers want. You seem to be trying to argue against yourself.
11th May 2014, 09:30 PM   |  #65  

641 posts
K my wrong. I do know Android had more devices sold true. But just count the ratio sometime in real life. What I usually see is parents with iphones and their kids get cheaper Android devices. Guess that's just they way it is in my neck of the woods. Guess their may be a use for Knox and I was wrong in my previous post. We will leave it at that. Thanks for the input.

7th August 2014, 10:36 PM   |  #66  
Flag Ann Arbor, MI

516 posts
More
A new exploit has been found with Snapdragon devices. Maybe we'll be able to get an unlocked boot loader without having to ask Samsung (although I did sign the petition)

This gonna be good
8th August 2014, 12:50 AM   |  #67  

641 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimmir

A new exploit has been found with Snapdragon devices. Maybe we'll be able to get an unlocked boot loader without having to ask Samsung (although I did sign the petition)

This gonna be good

I wouldn't hold my breath sounds like our device is still out of luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to tshelby73 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th August 2014, 03:57 AM   |  #68  
Thanks Meter: 182

753 posts
More
Quote:

This gonna be good

if you're talking about Dan Rosenberg's TrustZone exploit.. no.
jcase confirmed. no. not gonna happen.
maybe if i sell my internal organs to the devil it might happen, otherwise, no
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skepticmisfit For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th August 2014, 04:07 AM   |  #69  
Flag Ann Arbor, MI

516 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticmisfit

if you're talking about Dan Rosenberg's TrustZone exploit.. no.
jcase confirmed. no. not gonna happen.
maybe if i sell my internal organs to the devil it might happen, otherwise, no

I can pitch in a kidney
11th August 2014, 04:17 AM   |  #70  
Thanks Meter: 182

753 posts
More
Quote:

I can pitch in a kidney

alright im on the phone with the devil right now.. we're meeting tomorrow, send me that kidney pls

in all seriousness, im pretty sure this petition was dead, and even if the signatures were met, what exactly would happen? verizon is known not to give a **** about angry geeks like us. verizon is so anti-root and anti-good-business-practices it isn't even funny. it's borderline illegal (im sure their practices have caused obscene GPL violations before)
samsung seems a little bit more open to that, every other version of the s4 (with the exception of at&t) has an unlockable bootloader, but like i said that **** should be mandatory.
such a shame because this phone has great hardware. software is usually easily fixed, but not in this case, my friends. i'm hopeful, i think Dan's exploit will do SOMETHING for us, and we have quite a few talented devs in these realms, plus the kexec idea (aosp kernel) is getting thrown around again. but who knows, maybe we're just talking out of our you-know-whats and eventually nothing's gonna get done and then someone's gonna sell an MDK S4 for $1,523 on ebay.

/rant over

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skepticmisfit For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloader, change.org, galaxy s4, mk2, verizon
Previous Thread Next Thread