Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[KERNEL][STOCK 4.2.2][I9195/I257M] Enhanced Kernel #2 - sweep2sleep, fastcharge, etc

OP rob43

16th April 2014, 07:45 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 282

430 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob43

Not sure why you felt the need to post this haha.

I just quoted a user who seemed to be very excited about this feature, so I asked him why this is so important for him. He gave me an answer and everything is fine. I just wanted to understand why he would like to use this feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob43

However, everybody's usecase is different and to be blunt, it's none of your business how anybody uses their phone.

Okay sir, I will never ask someone about how they use their phone, because I understand that this is something very private and intimate
Last edited by junkyde; 16th April 2014 at 10:02 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to junkyde For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2014, 11:31 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 22

151 posts
very interesting kernel

how about battery life with new features?
16th April 2014, 03:35 PM   |  #13  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 679

931 posts
App for kernel features
Because i don't like to use the terminal I created a quick app to enable/disable kernel features.

Supported atm:
Fastcharge & Sleep/Wake options
Apply settings on boot

Not supported (use other apps for this):
Undervolting, frequencies,...

All credits for these functions go to rob43, I only made the interface.
Have fun!

If someone is interested in the source just ask and I will put it on github.
Attached Files
File Type: apk EnhancedKernelApp 1.0.apk - [Click for QR Code] (286.1 KB, 52 views)
Last edited by superkoal; 16th April 2014 at 03:39 PM.
16th April 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #14  
Flag Nitra
Thanks Meter: 12

74 posts
More
Tutorial
@rob43 Is OTG possible? I mean without external power. Sorry for asking it on almost every thread, but no developer has answered to my request. BTW, are you going to release an AOSP based kernel?
Here's my OTG issue related thread :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2661580&page=4
17th April 2014, 03:06 PM   |  #15  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 679

931 posts
Hi Rob!

Thanks for sharing your work with us! I'm using this kernel with stock ML4 for a full day now and here's what I experienced:

1) sweep2sleep: works absolutely fine.
2) sweep2wake and doubletap2wake: these features only work for a short while after the screen is off. I'm guessing this is while the device is no in deep sleep.
3) performance: compared to stock kernel it feels a bit laggy. What governors are supported and which one is default?
4) wifi: there is an issue with turning on wifi when coming from stock. Maybe a different driver? Don't know, but I experienced the same with f4ktion kernel last week.
The Following User Says Thank You to superkoal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th August 2014, 06:48 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 26

399 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superkoal

Hi Rob!

Thanks for sharing your work with us! I'm using this kernel with stock ML4 for a full day now and here's what I experienced:

1) sweep2sleep: works absolutely fine.
2) sweep2wake and doubletap2wake: these features only work for a short while after the screen is off. I'm guessing this is while the device is no in deep sleep.
3) performance: compared to stock kernel it feels a bit laggy. What governors are supported and which one is default?
4) wifi: there is an issue with turning on wifi when coming from stock. Maybe a different driver? Don't know, but I experienced the same with f4ktion kernel last week.

Is there a stock kernel anywhere that I could go back to if things were to go wacky, want to do this to the gf phone but if the wireless acts up she will freak haha
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread