Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,635 Members 52,834 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][Kernel]Vanilla AOSP 4.4.4 for VZW m7

Tip us?

paOol
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hello, I bought this phone recently already rooted.

I wiped it all clean, and installed this rom/gapps.

It's very nice,but I did notice a couple of things. Occasionally, I get 'stuck' as in I see my notification lights blinking but hitting the power button to turn the screen on does nothing.
If I hard reset (hold power for 10 seconds) that works, but that's not really a good solution.

Is it kernel related? common bug?

I also found that if I plug in the usb cable while it's in this 'frozen' state, the screen turns on and everything works as should. weird.

also, google maps turn-by-turn navigation was not working for me with this rom/gapps. I'm pretty sure I installed Google Maps from the store so its the latest. I kept getting 'gps signal lost' and it never tracked me as I was driving.

xtpaint01
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by paOol View Post
Hello, I bought this phone recently already rooted.

I wiped it all clean, and installed this rom/gapps.

It's very nice,but I did notice a couple of things. Occasionally, I get 'stuck' as in I see my notification lights blinking but hitting the power button to turn the screen on does nothing.
If I hard reset (hold power for 10 seconds) that works, but that's not really a good solution.

Is it kernel related? common bug?

I also found that if I plug in the usb cable while it's in this 'frozen' state, the screen turns on and everything works as should. weird.

also, google maps turn-by-turn navigation was not working for me with this rom/gapps. I'm pretty sure I installed Google Maps from the store so its the latest. I kept getting 'gps signal lost' and it never tracked me as I was driving.
The screen not turning on has been happening to me recently as well, but only when I am using the PIN screen lock. Hitting the power button and then tapping the screen seems to make it come on.

paOol
Old
Thanks Meter 1
getting No Gps in WAZE either. Is there a radio fix or something? should I just try another rom?

synisterwolf
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2151
Quote:
getting No Gps in WAZE either. Is there a radio fix or something? should I just try another rom?
Coming from sense you need to first make sure GPS is on high accuracy.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Internet
You learn something new everyday. Unless you have a brain injury, then it's all pretty much yelling and coloring.
The Following User Says Thank You to synisterwolf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

paOol
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I backed up my rom,
flashed the bonestock rom,
set gps to high accuracy, and enabled location reporting
restored my backup, and now GPS is working correctly.

Anyone have a way to do the hold volume up/down to skip tracks while the screen is off?
I'm asking for a solution for this ROM or a flashable zip.

bc13
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
I backed up my rom,
flashed the bonestock rom,
set gps to high accuracy, and enabled location reporting
restored my backup, and now GPS is working correctly.

Anyone have a way to do the hold volume up/down to skip tracks while the screen is off?
I'm asking for a solution for this ROM or a flashable zip.
Gravity box has a setting for skipping tracks

Sent from my unknown using xda app-developers app