[APP][2.3+] Expense IQ - Manage your personal finance smartly and easily

Search This thread

jokesonme

Oct 21, 2012
Las Vegas
It bothers me that they haven't answered your question because I have exactly the same issue and have email support directly.

I just emailed directly as well. If they respond to you or give you a solution that works please post it here and I will do the same. I Really like the app, and love the bill part, lets me mark paid right out of the account. But every month having to re-create my bills etc is tiresome. Gotta look up all the dates again etc. If they respond back to me I'll post it here.

Reactions: thecycleguy

thecycleguy

Apr 13, 2008
I just emailed directly as well. If they respond to you or give you a solution that works please post it here and I will do the same. I Really like the app, and love the bill part, lets me mark paid right out of the account. But every month having to re-create my bills etc is tiresome. Gotta look up all the dates again etc. If they respond back to me I'll post it here.

This was their reply to my email:
Hi Steve,

By default, repeating bills will be created 30 days before their due dates.

To change this setting, please go to Settings->Display Settings and set 'Create Repeating Bill Reminders X Days in advance' where X can be up to 90 days. The created transactions will not disappear if you change from a longer days period to a shorter one.

Regards

Handy Apps Software Support

im pretty sure I tried this already but set a test reminder for tomorrow to be sure.

Reactions: ajay7jain

ajay7jain

Aug 11, 2014
Dropbox Cloud sync with Expense IQ

Hi Firstly thanks for making such a wonderful UI .. Application is easy to use far better than Easy Money....Am Unable to view the sync data on dropbox.. pl suggest how to access

Thanks for your various feedback Banko6!

1 and 3. Noted! We will look into these when designing future updates.
2. This has since been added to v1.0.4_21. Do update Expense IQ when there is an update available.
4. The + sign must be tapped to ensure that the specific category is added. We won't know whether you'd accidentally type something in the last row or genuinely wanted that last category but didn't add it when saving the entire transaction. If it was an accident, additional action on your part is needed to edit and re-save that transaction again. Thus, we decided to stop that additional action by making that + sign compulsory when adding a category in the first place.

We appreciate your feedback in helping us improve on Expense IQ!

thecycleguy

Apr 13, 2008
Hi Steve,

To change this setting, please go to Settings->Display Settings and set 'Create Repeating Bill Reminders X Days in advance' where X can be up to 90 days. The created transactions will not disappear if you change from a longer days period to a shorter one.

Regards

im pretty sure I tried this already but set a test reminder for tomorrow to be sure.

This is absolutely incorrect. It does not recreate the reminder for the following month. I need a fix. Reminders are useless if I cannot make them repeat and reappear when they are supposed to. I tried this over the weekend to see if t would work and it DID NOT!!! This is a bug they are refusing to acknowledge. Hopefully they will figure it out get back to US since I replied telling them they were incorrect

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

This is absolutely incorrect. It does not recreate the reminder for the following month. I need a fix. Reminders are useless if I cannot make them repeat and reappear when they are supposed to. I tried this over the weekend to see if t would work and it DID NOT!!! This is a bug they are refusing to acknowledge. Hopefully they will figure it out get back to US since I replied telling them they were incorrect

kiran3111

Sep 3, 2011
Bill Reminder Notifications don't appear in the notification drawer

Hi,

I have been using Expense IQ for sometime now and I don't seem to get any notifications in the notification area for any of my bills as well as reminder for recording daily expenses. Have tried and tested various combinations of the Reminder settings by creating dummy reminders as well.
I am on Cyanogenmod 11, Android 4.4.4 on Samsung Galaxy S2.
Could somebody help me sort this out.

Last edited:

jokesonme

Oct 21, 2012
Las Vegas
Hi Steve,

Regards

Yeah this is what they sent me when I originally posted some time ago and it does not work. Don't they have a phone there they could just pull out and go "oh yeah it doesn't work". Also I proved this to myself by setting a reoccurring bill for everyday for $1. So basically it should automatically recreate after you pay it. Tested it and after paid it will never come back.

jokesonme

Oct 21, 2012
Las Vegas
Still no responses or app updates. The complete billing portion of this app does not work... Sucks it's not being addressed at all.

thorindwarf

Jun 27, 2009
Bill reminders dont sync correcrly. If marked paid on one device they still exist on other device even after sync. After sync they also appear on the first device again and again!

Leon@rd

Sep 3, 2014
2handyapps Hi, I've tried your Expense IQ and loved it. Could you add a feature that reads SMSs from my bank and insert the amount and payee into transactions list? 80% of my transactions go through debit or credit cards and this feature would simplify my life. Thank you!

thecycleguy

Apr 13, 2008
Still no responses or app updates. The complete billing portion of this app does not work... Sucks it's not being addressed at all.

I finally got their attention and here is the solution:

Expense IQ's cloud sync function does determine whether repeating bill reminders will be populated depending on the device's status.

Could you check if:
1. you have cloud sync enabled?
2. your current device is set as Master?

Note that if cloud sync is enabled and the current device is not the master device, no repeating transactions and bill reminders will be created. This is to prevent duplicates to be created and synced by all master and non-master devices.

You may wish to set your current device as Master if you have not done so.

Regards

Handy Apps Support

jokesonme

Oct 21, 2012
Las Vegas
I finally got their attention and here is the solution:

Expense IQ's cloud sync function does determine whether repeating bill reminders will be populated depending on the device's status.

Could you check if:
1. you have cloud sync enabled?
2. your current device is set as Master?

Note that if cloud sync is enabled and the current device is not the master device, no repeating transactions and bill reminders will be created. This is to prevent duplicates to be created and synced by all master and non-master devices.

You may wish to set your current device as Master if you have not done so.

Regards

Handy Apps Support
Dude you're awesome. I set it to master, went to display settings and set it for 45 days and bam, all my bill reminders came flooding in. This is back to being the top bill and checkbook app thank you!!! Makes life so much easier. And just in time for the Note 4 :)

thecycleguy

Apr 13, 2008
You're welcome. Once I had their attention they were quick. I hate having to drop F bombs to get things done but whatever works.

GET123

Jan 12, 2007
A question (pdf reports)

Is it possible to generate pdf reports with this application?

Thank you

robizx

Dec 17, 2008
Gdańsk
Great to hear that! We may look into other cloud sync options in future updates. As of now, Expense IQ's Dropbox sync utilises a function called Datastore by Dropbox. Datastore is some sort of Database in the Dropbox and is owned by the user only (privacy wise secure) so it won’t appear in a folder. This provide faster synchronization than conventional file saving of an entire database. Let us know if you want the link to log in and view your data, we will drop you a PM :)

Hi.
I'm also interest about sync to Google Drive.

xerkules2003

Oct 13, 2017
Is it just me that starting from 4th of October till now can't synchronize my accounts ? Tried different google user but it just seem that my Google TolkenId is not accepted from firebase. Any help ? Thanks.

vuquan

Nov 7, 2004
I think, it is better if has some more useful functions:
- Merge/Split categories which already have transactions. Current, if we delete a category or sub-category, all their transactions will move to "Other", this seem to be not useful. Otherway, I can change the category of multi-selected transactions in one action.
- Move a quantity of transactions from account to account. Current, only one can move in one action.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Expense IQ is the long awaited successor to EasyMoney - the number one money manager app that combines an expense manager, a bill reminder, a checkbook register and a budget planner!

Available in Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.handyapps.expenseiq

Expense IQ – Expense Manager provides a rich, detailed window into your personal finances and daily money management needs.

Track and manage daily expenses quickly & easily! Business expenses, personal expenses, travel expenses etc can all be managed rapidly using Expense IQ’s simple and intuitive user interface.
    Interactive reports & graphs let you analyse income, expenses, cash flow and balance over various date ranges and accounts.
    pKfp-VU6YQWGvxWFBsqusi5B0tIPIdzpKfPIDEwApHMhosmkp5mLnMEu3YkgOC7-T10=h900-rw

To more effectively manage your budgets, you need a budget planner that makes keeping track of your expenses fun and easy. The integrated budget manager within Expense IQ lets you set monthly budgets on specific accounts and/or categories and monitor them via color-coded budget health bars that warns you when you are about to exceed your budgets.
    nYreHvYnCTJ_vJFDcpLuhjCrh9rsblmH7oy3fd49f45iYz_pf1RVUQi5r9fOWVHmU0T4=h900-rw

Also integrated is a bill reminder that helps you avoid nasty late fees by issuing you timely reminders to pay your bills. You can even take a picture of your bills or invoices to keep a digital record.
    T6drL_oL0t_ENZotWcjPWm4YXPE_CZUJmw9cl5wxvr9EF4kUDwJ81Aq2Y9Qe-OdTuoI=h900-rw

Extensive Features:
    -Cloud synchronization via Dropbox to synchronize transaction data between multiple devices
    -Split transactions supported for more detailed income & expense management
    -Export captured data as QIF & CSV to desktop money managers (eg. Quicken) for expense reporting etc.
    -Includes a Home Screen Widget for even faster expense management & tracking. Add transactions straight from the home page once you enable the widget - great for daily expense tracking!
    -Receive notifications of upcoming and overdue bills - for both one-time payments as well as recurring bills
    -Set monthly budgets on specific accounts and/or categories and monitor them via color-coded budget health bars
    -Fully customizable income and expense categories for more accurate budget planning.
    -Take photos of Bills & Receipts
    -Integrated Checkbook Manager
    -Track and manage expense and income for multiple accounts in multiple currencies
    -Setup repeating transactions
    -Support transfers between accounts
    -Lock application using a 4-digit security pin
    -Backup data onto SD card
    -Daily automated backup creation

Download Expense IQ today!

This app is not just for money lovers! Whether you are looking for a better daily expense manager or trying to stay out of debt and be money wise, Expense IQ is definitely the ideal tool to stay on top of your finances.

u7i-NpzPIewI3nXBd6GyISNQV7QuZ8XBw94iMbVLDAGsh-2QPD0D2GfvjqWQJ3jLzA=h900-rw
    Nu4bAKcHilVh0G-aifWR6I4sMumLyWGre-c5sOqcp1C26I89Fa7uuksi8aPAJQo9YvM=h900-rw

All rights reserved by Handy Apps.
    A way better UI than what EasyMoney has! Is there a way to migrate the database of Easymoney to ExpenseIQ without losing the photos of bills?

Hi! There are some radical changes from EasyMoney to Expense IQ so there isn't a quick solution to that. However, it is possible via some manual file movements on your device. Other than the photos, you can transfer the transactions too.Here's how you can do that.

1. Install Expense IQ.
    2. Launch EasyMoney, and go to Database Tools.
    3. Select Export CSV and export each individual account you have. These will be exported to sdcard0/EasyMoney/csv_output folder. Copy all the files there.
    4. Paste copied files to sdcard0/ExpenseIQ/csv_input.
    5. Copy sdcard0/EasyMoney/photos. Then paste the folder to sdcard0/ExpenseIQ/photos and allow file overwrite.
    5. Launch Expense IQ and recreate all your accounts.
    6. Proceed to Import CSV, select an account and a specific CSV file to import. Make sure all formats are similar.
    7. Wait for the import and the import successful message.
    8. Go to accounts and check that the transactions have been imported.

Once the first import works, please continue for all other accounts. Do note that budgets and bill reminders have to be recreated manually.

If you require further assistance, email us with ‘Data porting to Expense IQ’ as subject title to support@handy-apps.com.
    Bill Reminder

I've been an Easy Money customer for some time now, and now with Expense IQ. My only issue, that Im not sure if there's a solution is I can't see a list of all bills that are in my bill reminder? And for example today is the 11th. I want to pay my mortgage which isn't due until the 1st, but there aren't any bills listed on the reminder screen. Because the date is too far out I think? I remember on Easy Money you could see all of the bills and the unpaid bills list could be refreshed so you could see next months bills. Thanks.
    Thank you for your response! The latest version of ExpenseIQ introduced a new import option: 'Import from EasyMoney', this way the migration from EasyMoney is very convenient - thank you HandyApps! :good: The photos folder can be manually copied to the folder of ExpenseIQ.

I have started to use and I really liked it.

Are you planning to support Google Drive based cloud sync? Is there any data encryption during cloud sync?

Great to hear that! We may look into other cloud sync options in future updates. As of now, Expense IQ's Dropbox sync utilises a function called Datastore by Dropbox. Datastore is some sort of Database in the Dropbox and is owned by the user only (privacy wise secure) so it won’t appear in a folder. This provide faster synchronization than conventional file saving of an entire database. Let us know if you want the link to log in and view your data, we will drop you a PM :)
    Thanks for the info! Datastore by Dropbox is really interesting feature.

I am actively using ExpenseIQ, and I really like it. Although there might be some improvements that would help a lot:
    • In the calculator, a button to delete a mistyped digit
    • Photo attachment function is missing in split tranzaction
    • In the photo attachment screen the latest pictures should be on top
    • Adding categories in a split transaction, the last row is not saved, if the plus sign is not pressed on that row

There were a bunch of updates in the app, it gets even better. I hope this feedback might be usefull.

Thanks for your various feedback Banko6!

1 and 3. Noted! We will look into these when designing future updates.
    2. This has since been added to v1.0.4_21. Do update Expense IQ when there is an update available.
    4. The + sign must be tapped to ensure that the specific category is added. We won't know whether you'd accidentally type something in the last row or genuinely wanted that last category but didn't add it when saving the entire transaction. If it was an accident, additional action on your part is needed to edit and re-save that transaction again. Thus, we decided to stop that additional action by making that + sign compulsory when adding a category in the first place.

We appreciate your feedback in helping us improve on Expense IQ!