Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,223 Members 41,894 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] System UI has stopped working

Tip us?

Red314
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] System UI has stopped working

On my rooted note 10.1 with 4.1.2 stock, after installing Multiwindow manager and choosing some apps to work with multiwindow, i keep getting the "system ui has stopped" message.
The navigation bar comes and goes, and the recent apps button does not work. The bar now is completely black and the little arrow that makes all the apps icon for the multiwindow option is gone.
I've also installed xposed framework with a few modules and i use the "Full!screen" app, but they haven't given me any problems so far.

d4rkkn16ht
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red314 View Post
On my rooted note 10.1 with 4.1.2 stock, after installing Multiwindow manager and choosing some apps to work with multiwindow, i keep getting the "system ui has stopped" message.
The navigation bar comes and goes, and the recent apps button does not work. The bar now is completely black and the little arrow that makes all the apps icon for the multiwindow option is gone.
I've also installed xposed framework with a few modules and i use the "Full!screen" app, but they haven't given me any problems so far.
Not all applications compatible with multiwindow, especially if you don't update your apps regularly.
And you can't use the built in "disable multiwindow" inside the original multiwindow menu (the Arrow icon on the bottom middle).
If you use this, you'll get the System UI error message.

I learnt it the hard way & I have to reflash my ROM

Oldcameraman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Please clarify

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rkkn16ht View Post
Not all applications compatible with multiwindow, especially if you don't update your apps regularly.
And you can't use the built in "disable multiwindow" inside the original multiwindow menu (the Arrow icon on the bottom middle).

I just started having this problem yesterday after attempting to put some different programs in multiwindow. Are there any ways around this at all other than reflashing the ROM?

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rkkn16ht View Post

I just started having this problem yesterday after attempting to put some different programs in multiwindow. Are there any ways around this at all other than reflashing the ROM?