Wake up gesture not working anymore

OP Nathan1082

21st May 2014, 11:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Hi All, I have the samsung galaxy gear 2 for a week now and everything was working perfectly until this morning. The wake up gesture doesnt work at all anymore even though the power button still wakes up the device.

I have tried a factory reset to no avail.

Your help will be highly appreciated.
21st May 2014, 05:16 PM   |  #2  
Flag Irving, TX
Thanks Meter: 238

1,533 posts
Donate to Me
More
Maybe try turning it off in Gear Manager, reboot the phone and the watch, and turn it on again?
22nd May 2014, 01:21 AM   |  #3  

3 posts
Wake-up Gesture not working
I had the same thing happen to me this morning. Funny thing is that when I have it connected to power with the charging unit then the wake-up gesture works again. Seems like a bug to me. I have tried all manner of restarting, powering down, and toggling the feature but nothing helps. Has anybody else seen this problem?

Better yet anyone know how to fix it?
22nd May 2014, 03:28 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

2 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentAls

I had the same thing happen to me this morning. Funny thing is that when I have it connected to power with the charging unit then the wake-up gesture works again. Seems like a bug to me. I have tried all manner of restarting, powering down, and toggling the feature but nothing helps. Has anybody else seen this problem?

Better yet anyone know how to fix it?

Hi, after much fiddling and wrist swinging, it fixed itself!

I reset the gear to factory settings, disconnected the gear from phone,disabled the wake up gesture, re-enabled wake up gesture on gear manager AND on watch and then re-connected everything.

Wow the gear is crap without the wake up gesture.

But its awesome when it works.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nathan1082 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2014, 10:14 PM   |  #5  

3 posts
Fiddling not paying off so far
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan1082

Hi, after much fiddling and wrist swinging, it fixed itself!

I reset the gear to factory settings, disconnected the gear from phone,disabled the wake up gesture, re-enabled wake up gesture on gear manager AND on watch and then re-connected everything.

Wow the gear is crap without the wake up gesture.

But its awesome when it works.

Ok, I tried to follow this recipe but once I disconnect the gear 2 from the phone I am not able to get to setting in Gear Manager to re-enable on gear manager AND watch as you recommend. Can you explain what you did once you have the gear disconnected from the phone so I can follow your steps exactly? Wrist swinging alone is not doing the trick. Thanks in advance.
31st May 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #6  

3 posts
Sleep blocks wake up feature
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentAls

Ok, I tried to follow this recipe but once I disconnect the gear 2 from the phone I am not able to get to setting in Gear Manager to re-enable on gear manager AND watch as you recommend. Can you explain what you did once you have the gear disconnected from the phone so I can follow your steps exactly? Wrist swinging alone is not doing the trick. Thanks in advance.

I figured out what was wrong in my case. I had installed the sleep app within in the S Health app. I left it on in sleep mode mistakenly which shuts off the wake up gesture. Then I uninstalled it while it was running and it did not seem to disable entirely. Finally I had given up on ever having a wakeup gesture and reinstalled the sleep app and fiddled with it and the wake up gesture was restored. Hope this helps someone in who has this frustrating problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to KentAls For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th August 2014, 03:56 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 51

45 posts
Donate to Me
More
My Gear 2's wake up gesture doesnt work too. What makes it doesnt work makes my head gearing up a bit. I just left it in the bathroom, NO CONTACT with water or liquid, then it all happened. I thought it was nothing so I restarted the watch. Nothing happened. Re installed the firmware and.. NOTHING. Stupid! I need help.

-NOTE: It does work when connected to PC or charging!! x_x -

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread