Post Reply

Best keyboard.

OP acheney1990

19th June 2014, 01:43 PM   |  #41  
psykoly's Avatar
Member
istanbul
Thanks Meter: 21
 
79 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leo_nidas

Flesky =-D

Wysłane z mojego D6503 przy użyciu Tapatalka

+1

D6503 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
20th June 2014, 03:21 AM   |  #42  
Junior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 2
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Donate to Me
More
The Z2 is my first Android phone, I got used to how pretty the Xperia one is, but I like Swiftkey better (The space bar is much better..) Anyone know of an Xperia skin for it?
20th June 2014, 02:48 PM   |  #43  
[SIC]'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
291 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
I think xperia's is pretty much equal to swift but I don't use swipe, predictical words etc
However the xperia is a bit easier to press the right button most likely to the wider gap between the buttons.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pg4Z4Le.png
Views:	123
Size:	187.7 KB
ID:	2808340   Click image for larger version

Name:	OEJEfR4.png
Views:	120
Size:	194.0 KB
ID:	2808341   Click image for larger version

Name:	DWBYhAc.png
Views:	109
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	2808342   Click image for larger version

Name:	fRFHzFK.png
Views:	274
Size:	187.0 KB
ID:	2808343  
20th June 2014, 03:50 PM   |  #44  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 48
 
276 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietKitsch

The Z2 is my first Android phone, I got used to how pretty the Xperia one is, but I like Swiftkey better (The space bar is much better..) Anyone know of an Xperia skin for it?

There's no "xperia skin" on swiftkey But I use the "Classic White" skin/theme. It looks pretty good with Stock texting app.

If you can't find where to switch Themes its at Swiftkey app > themes. Or you could pull up your keyboard and just click themes.

20th June 2014, 04:30 PM   |  #45  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 276
 
1,236 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by [SIC]

I think xperia's is pretty much equal to swift but I don't use swipe, predictical words etc
However the xperia is a bit easier to press the right button most likely to the wider gap between the buttons.

Xperia keyboard is good but i once you use swyping and predictive text, you cant compare. Espeically with predictive text, you hardly have to ever type out a full word, often just a few letters and then it predicts your next word. The predictive text engine on Swift is much smarter than Xperia in how it adapts to your writing style. Its just that Swift is slow regarding swyping compared to Swype or Touchpal but its getting better.
Theres other little things like if you swype a word with Xperia theres no gesture to easily delete the whole word vs characters at a time which Touchpal, Swype, Swift etc all handle.
Xperia did just update in the play store though to increase the spacebar length that many complained about

There is another KK keyboard in the play store, very close to stock but with options like a number row on top and it works reasonbly well too
22nd June 2014, 04:13 PM   |  #46  
[SIC]'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
291 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexboy

Xperia keyboard is good but i once you use swyping and predictive text, you cant compare. Espeically with predictive text, you hardly have to ever type out a full word, often just a few letters and then it predicts your next word. The predictive text engine on Swift is much smarter than Xperia in how it adapts to your writing style. Its just that Swift is slow regarding swyping compared to Swype or Touchpal but its getting better.
Theres other little things like if you swype a word with Xperia theres no gesture to easily delete the whole word vs characters at a time which Touchpal, Swype, Swift etc all handle.
Xperia did just update in the play store though to increase the spacebar length that many complained about

There is another KK keyboard in the play store, very close to stock but with options like a number row on top and it works reasonbly well too

You mean like this?

This is the xperia int. kb and I took it to compare against Swype and like I said, I don't relay on swipe.
Only predictive suggestions since I go postal when I forget to set predictions to "Never want to have words or letters replaced" when flashing/coming on a new ROM and every single word I type is wrong (damn autocorrect anyone?)

It's really not that hard, just like typing on your computer and I personally think it's better for your vocabulary to actually type the words rather than taking shortcuts but that's just me
22nd June 2014, 10:39 PM   |  #47  
Senior Member
Flag Bologna
Thanks Meter: 22
 
101 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
For me the best is A.I.Type with Dusk Blue theme, on my Z2 (D6503) with RomAur 3.5 themed black (really fascinating).
9th August 2014, 11:44 PM   |  #48  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Kii keyboard is always my go to. Free version has everything I need. I really liked the LG keyboard on my G3 and I know a lot of users have had success installing that on their Z2. I haven't been able to get it to work, so I'm sticking with Kii.
11th August 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #49  
Haldi4803's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 306
 
1,332 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
i really like the Xperia Keyboard, the only thing i HATE about it is the long press duration! thats about 250-300ms on google keyboard you can set that to any desired value, and i like 180ms, any longer and your face falls alseep while typing!

i've tried Minuum keyboard, works well, but only for special situations where you need the screen space.



Quote:
Originally Posted by [SIC]

Only predictive suggestions since I go postal when I forget to set predictions to "Never want to have words or letters replaced" when flashing/coming on a new ROM and every single word I type is wrong (damn autocorrect anyone?)

Ha ! I'm writing most of the time in swiss german, this is not an official language and there is no word correction for that [Insert here smilie who hits his head to a brick wall]
Takes ages till the keyboard has lernt all my words -.-

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Z2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank