Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,022 Members 53,426 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[kernel]First kernel for 3D built by the 3D

Tip us?

jcfunk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by petermg View Post
Please excuse the noobness of my question! But what does this kernel do that others don't? Does it make the 3D camera work in custom roms or? Again, please excuse my noobishness as it looks like everyone else on this thread knows what's going on and I don't

THANKS!!!

It is a native built kernel, no cross compiling.
Using ARM processor to make ARM binaries.

Sent from my DOWNGRADED EVO 3D

jcfunk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 211
Here is a recovery I've pieced together, based on TWRP 2.7.1.0 for shooteru, work for shooter. But selinux is not working, so no jb roms I think

TWRP 2.7.1.0_JCFunkMOD

jcfunk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 211
twrp2.7.1.0_JCFunkMODv2.img

Here is an update to the recovery, removed more shooteru stuff.

Sent from my DOWNGRADED EVO 3D, remember all development is done on my phone, not a computer
The Following User Says Thank You to jcfunk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PiggyFlooper
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Well, that was an adventure! I flashed your mod recovery, v1. Used rashr, good recommendation. I'm not used to twrp. So formatted to f2fs, it worked. But after that couldn't flash a Rom, because kernel(your b.t.mod) couldn't read SELinux contexts, whatever that means. Well, made mistake of wiping /system in the process. Had to flash mac kernel to be able to flash Rom. So until you got everything working, no more testing for me

Sent from above using Xparent BlueTapatalk

jcfunk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiggyFlooper View Post
Well, that was an adventure! I flashed your mod recovery, v1. Used rashr, good recommendation. I'm not used to twrp. So formatted to f2fs, it worked. But after that couldn't flash a Rom, because kernel(your b.t.mod) couldn't read SELinux contexts, whatever that means. Well, made mistake of wiping /system in the process. Had to flash mac kernel to be able to flash Rom. So until you got everything working, no more testing for me

Sent from above using Xparent BlueTapatalk
selinux is used in jb and newer roms. Its a security thing. Just don't know why installers are not working.

Sent from my DOWNGRADED EVO 3D, remember all development is done on my phone, not a computer
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jcfunk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PiggyFlooper
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Is the buttered toast kernel NOT configured for ksm?

Sent from above using Xparent Tapatalk Blue

jcfunk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiggyFlooper View Post
Is the buttered toast kernel NOT configured for ksm?

F2fs version might not be, was a rush to put together, we will be releasing a more put together version

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jcfunk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PiggyFlooper
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfunk View Post
F2fs version might not be, was a rush to put together, we will be releasing a more put together version

Okay, I'll be here waiting