Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,145 Members 44,749 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Solved] MMS Compression

Tip us?
 
TheEmpyre
Old
(Last edited by TheEmpyre; 16th June 2014 at 12:02 AM.)
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 421
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default [Solved] MMS Compression

Hello all...my question is if anyone knows of a mod available to boost the maximum size of MMS or change the amount that photos are compressed? I have many friends who notice my pictures look like garbage when I send it to them via MMS. Especially when zooming in on the photo. I have compared side by side and it's not the 4 MP camera, it's definitely the compression. I checked in my settings and i have the maximum size available selected.

I am running skyfall ROM by iBastid, s-off, rooted with elemental 0.18 sense kernel.

Thanks All for any suggestions on how to get some better MMS quality!
The Dark Ages:

iPhone
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4

The Revolution:

HTC One X (Sold)
Samsung Galaxy s4 (Sold)

Current: HTC One M8
 
Crazypinoy9
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 260
Join Date: Jun 2010
I don't have an answer for you in regards to the stock messaging app but all I can recommend to you is to use Google Hangouts for MMS.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
TheEmpyre
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 421
Join Date: Sep 2012
I tried using the hangouts app is well and I had no success with it as far as changing the compression of pictures.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
The Dark Ages:

iPhone
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4

The Revolution:

HTC One X (Sold)
Samsung Galaxy s4 (Sold)

Current: HTC One M8
 
TheEmpyre
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 421
Join Date: Sep 2012
Discovered the world of XPOSED today and the Sense 6 toolbox has a mod to increase MMS size up to 1000k, problem solved!
The Dark Ages:

iPhone
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4

The Revolution:

HTC One X (Sold)
Samsung Galaxy s4 (Sold)

Current: HTC One M8
 
tekkneke
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 81
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmpyre View Post
Discovered the world of XPOSED today and the Sense 6 toolbox has a mod to increase MMS size up to 1000k, problem solved!
FYI, this doesn't solve your problem. It just raises the max size, but the Messaging app still compresses down to ridiculous amounts. You might have noticed, before you even adjusted your max size, it wasn't even sending 300k, it compresses down to like 70k.

I still get stuff like 90k/1000k in most cases. It is garbage. Only way I can see right now is to use a different messaging app, but I would prefer to use the stock app.
Check out my dubstep mixes at http://tekknikal.wordpress.com for some filthy bass.
 
TheEmpyre
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 421
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekkneke View Post
FYI, this doesn't solve your problem. It just raises the max size, but the Messaging app still compresses down to ridiculous amounts. You might have noticed, before you even adjusted your max size, it wasn't even sending 300k, it compresses down to like 70k.

I still get stuff like 90k/1000k in most cases. It is garbage. Only way I can see right now is to use a different messaging app, but I would prefer to use the stock app.
Yeah I noticed the same thing, still garbage. I just never posted back. I am able to get some pictures to post with 800k but most are like 80 or 90. Haven't found any good solution at all

Sent from my HTC One_M8
The Dark Ages:

iPhone
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4

The Revolution:

HTC One X (Sold)
Samsung Galaxy s4 (Sold)

Current: HTC One M8
 
tekkneke
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 81
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmpyre View Post
Yeah I noticed the same thing, still garbage. I just never posted back. I am able to get some pictures to post with 800k but most are like 80 or 90. Haven't found any good solution at all

Sent from my HTC One_M8
I put in a feature request on the sense toolbox page. Maybe they can figure it out.
Check out my dubstep mixes at http://tekknikal.wordpress.com for some filthy bass.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Stream Your Media Files with the New Version of Droid Sync Manager

Android is a Linux-based operating system, but this fact doesn’t put … more

Old but Gold Internet Browser is a Blast from the Past

A Web browser is one of these applications that we can’t live without. We useit … more

Real-World Battery Saving Tips for Android – XDA Developer TV

You need Real-World Battery Saving Tips for your Android device. Our … more

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more