Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,543 Members 37,316 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Solved] MMS Compression

Tip us?

TheEmpyre
Old
(Last edited by TheEmpyre; 16th June 2014 at 12:02 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Default [Solved] MMS Compression

Hello all...my question is if anyone knows of a mod available to boost the maximum size of MMS or change the amount that photos are compressed? I have many friends who notice my pictures look like garbage when I send it to them via MMS. Especially when zooming in on the photo. I have compared side by side and it's not the 4 MP camera, it's definitely the compression. I checked in my settings and i have the maximum size available selected.

I am running skyfall ROM by iBastid, s-off, rooted with elemental 0.18 sense kernel.

Thanks All for any suggestions on how to get some better MMS quality!
The Dark Ages:

iPhone
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4

The Revolution:

HTC One X (Sold)
Samsung Galaxy s4 (Sold)

Current: HTC One M8

Crazypinoy9
Old
Thanks Meter 48
I don't have an answer for you in regards to the stock messaging app but all I can recommend to you is to use Google Hangouts for MMS.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TheEmpyre
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
I tried using the hangouts app is well and I had no success with it as far as changing the compression of pictures.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
The Dark Ages:

iPhone
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4

The Revolution:

HTC One X (Sold)
Samsung Galaxy s4 (Sold)

TheEmpyre
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Discovered the world of XPOSED today and the Sense 6 toolbox has a mod to increase MMS size up to 1000k, problem solved!
The Dark Ages:

iPhone
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4

The Revolution:

HTC One X (Sold)
Samsung Galaxy s4 (Sold)

tekkneke
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmpyre View Post
Discovered the world of XPOSED today and the Sense 6 toolbox has a mod to increase MMS size up to 1000k, problem solved!
FYI, this doesn't solve your problem. It just raises the max size, but the Messaging app still compresses down to ridiculous amounts. You might have noticed, before you even adjusted your max size, it wasn't even sending 300k, it compresses down to like 70k.

I still get stuff like 90k/1000k in most cases. It is garbage. Only way I can see right now is to use a different messaging app, but I would prefer to use the stock app.
Check out my dubstep mixes at http://tekknikal.wordpress.com for some filthy bass.

TheEmpyre
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekkneke View Post
FYI, this doesn't solve your problem. It just raises the max size, but the Messaging app still compresses down to ridiculous amounts. You might have noticed, before you even adjusted your max size, it wasn't even sending 300k, it compresses down to like 70k.

I still get stuff like 90k/1000k in most cases. It is garbage. Only way I can see right now is to use a different messaging app, but I would prefer to use the stock app.
Yeah I noticed the same thing, still garbage. I just never posted back. I am able to get some pictures to post with 800k but most are like 80 or 90. Haven't found any good solution at all

Sent from my HTC One_M8
The Dark Ages:

iPhone
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4

The Revolution:

HTC One X (Sold)
Samsung Galaxy s4 (Sold)

tekkneke
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmpyre View Post
Yeah I noticed the same thing, still garbage. I just never posted back. I am able to get some pictures to post with 800k but most are like 80 or 90. Haven't found any good solution at all

Sent from my HTC One_M8
I put in a feature request on the sense toolbox page. Maybe they can figure it out.
Check out my dubstep mixes at http://tekknikal.wordpress.com for some filthy bass.