Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] HTC One X Need to get data off phone that doesnt pass Boot Animation/Red Triangle

OP MazzaUK

17th July 2014, 05:38 PM   |  #11  
Thant's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 626
 
2,039 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MazzaUK

I followed the instuctructions and the phoe rebooted and started working and booted into Android. But messages and contacts seem to have been erased in the process as nothing is showing.

Yes but you have your pictures you must to use google acount for future to not lose your contacts. sorry but I say in my first post maybe you will not restore your data but you will have working phone. Sorry again for the contacts and for future use google account
17th July 2014, 08:03 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
For me the phone didnt matter but i needed the messages and contacts. My fault for not backing them up but they were all very important to me. If there was a glitch/hack that allowedrooting without wipe i think that would have been a way around it. Even HTC didnt want to help which i think is silly for situations where it is vitally important info and for fee as well not a freebie.

Thank you for your help anyways in getting the phone past bootloop.


Thanks



Quote:
Originally Posted by Thant

Yes but you have your pictures you must to use google acount for future to not lose your contacts. sorry but I say in my first post maybe you will not restore your data but you will have working phone. Sorry again for the contacts and for future use google account

17th July 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #13  
Thant's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 626
 
2,039 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MazzaUK

For me the phone didnt matter but i needed the messages and contacts. My fault for not backing them up but they were all very important to me. If there was a glitch/hack that allowedrooting without wipe i think that would have been a way around it. Even HTC didnt want to help which i think is silly for situations where it is vitally important info and for fee as well not a freebie.

Thank you for your help anyways in getting the phone past bootloop.


Thanks

No way to restore contact or message from broken phone sorry. If you unlock the bootloader have big chance to lose your picture but with RUU you keep them and lose only data,system and cache partition on the phone
12th August 2014, 12:13 AM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thant

No way to restore contact or message from broken phone sorry. If you unlock the bootloader have big chance to lose your picture but with RUU you keep them and lose only data,system and cache partition on the phone

I have latest firmware and phone constantly restarts and more recently screen freezes. Mainly restarts all the time. Fed up of htc and their problems
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
clone phone, data recovery, help a guy out here.., recover from brick, red triangle screen
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes