Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,247 Members 50,654 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One X Need to get data off phone that doesnt pass Boot Animation/Red Triangle

Tip us?

Thant
Old
Thanks Meter 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by MazzaUK View Post
I followed the instuctructions and the phoe rebooted and started working and booted into Android. But messages and contacts seem to have been erased in the process as nothing is showing.
Yes but you have your pictures you must to use google acount for future to not lose your contacts. sorry but I say in my first post maybe you will not restore your data but you will have working phone. Sorry again for the contacts and for future use google account
If my post help you a click on Thanks would be nice

YOU ARE A NOOB CLICK HERE OR YOU ARE COMPLETE NOOB CLIK HERE

Device: HTC One X 32GB
CID: HTC__032
HBOOT: 1.72
KERNEL: lONELyX #023 LM_UV
ROM: lONElyX 1.0.1 with modification

MazzaUK
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
For me the phone didnt matter but i needed the messages and contacts. My fault for not backing them up but they were all very important to me. If there was a glitch/hack that allowedrooting without wipe i think that would have been a way around it. Even HTC didnt want to help which i think is silly for situations where it is vitally important info and for fee as well not a freebie.

Thank you for your help anyways in getting the phone past bootloop.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thant View Post
Yes but you have your pictures you must to use google acount for future to not lose your contacts. sorry but I say in my first post maybe you will not restore your data but you will have working phone. Sorry again for the contacts and for future use google account

Thant
Old
Thanks Meter 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by MazzaUK View Post
For me the phone didnt matter but i needed the messages and contacts. My fault for not backing them up but they were all very important to me. If there was a glitch/hack that allowedrooting without wipe i think that would have been a way around it. Even HTC didnt want to help which i think is silly for situations where it is vitally important info and for fee as well not a freebie.

Thank you for your help anyways in getting the phone past bootloop.

Thanks
No way to restore contact or message from broken phone sorry. If you unlock the bootloader have big chance to lose your picture but with RUU you keep them and lose only data,system and cache partition on the phone
If my post help you a click on Thanks would be nice

YOU ARE A NOOB CLICK HERE OR YOU ARE COMPLETE NOOB CLIK HERE

Device: HTC One X 32GB
CID: HTC__032
HBOOT: 1.72
KERNEL: lONELyX #023 LM_UV
ROM: lONElyX 1.0.1 with modification

MazzaUK
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thant View Post
No way to restore contact or message from broken phone sorry. If you unlock the bootloader have big chance to lose your picture but with RUU you keep them and lose only data,system and cache partition on the phone
I have latest firmware and phone constantly restarts and more recently screen freezes. Mainly restarts all the time. Fed up of htc and their problems
Tags
clone phone, data recovery, help a guy out here.., recover from brick, red triangle screen