XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One (M8) mhl connection

Tip us?

dabsketball
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] HTC One (M8) mhl connection

Has anyone gotten their M8 to connect to a TV or monitor using a mhl adapter or cable? Ive tried two so far and have gotten little success. If so what are you using? do i need to find a certain brand of cable or adapter to mirror my One M8 on my TV screen?

the two I used were an auvio mhl adapter which i got to work mabey 10% of the time with a ton of unplugging and reconecting cables, I returned that one for a radioshack mhl to hdmi cable which i couldnt get to mirror at all but when plugged into the phone it allowed the phone to go into landscape but no video

eortizr
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabsketball View Post
Has anyone gotten their M8 to connect to a TV or monitor using a mhl adapter or cable? Ive tried two so far and have gotten little success. If so what are you using? do i need to find a certain brand of cable or adapter to mirror my One M8 on my TV screen?

the two I used were an auvio mhl adapter which i got to work mabey 10% of the time with a ton of unplugging and reconecting cables, I returned that one for a radioshack mhl to hdmi cable which i couldnt get to mirror at all but when plugged into the phone it allowed the phone to go into landscape but no video
I can confirm that the Samsung one works perfectly fine. I think I bought it for the galaxy S3. Here is a pic.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Please hit 'Thanks' if I helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to eortizr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

technologiq
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabsketball View Post

I've had decent luck with the 'Rocketfish' MHL adapters that are available at BestBuy. I'll have it work fine for a while and then all of a sudden I'll loose video but keep audio. I've since ordered a MHL adapter of Monoprice that had good reviews. I'll update if I get anywhere.

Badelhas
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by eortizr View Post
I can confirm that the Samsung one works perfectly fine. I think I bought it for the galaxy S3. Here is a pic.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Samsung S3 uses a 12 pin connection (I also bought it) and that's not the one, from looking at the photo. Are you sure that's not the adapter from the S2 or something?
I still haven't found any info regarding if the HTC One m8 uses mhl 2.0 or 1.0
Any news regarding this matter?

eortizr
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badelhas View Post
Samsung S3 uses a 12 pin connection (I also bought it) and that's not the one, from looking at the photo. Are you sure that's not the adapter from the S2 or something?
I still haven't found any info regarding if the HTC One m8 uses mhl 2.0 or 1.0
Any news regarding this matter?
it might be an S2, that is why I post a pic with the model number so people can search by it.
Please hit 'Thanks' if I helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to eortizr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GSLEON3
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 1,322

DONATE TO ME
If you have an AV receiver that supports MHL, the best thing to use is a passive MHL cable. Fortunately my Onkyo TX-NR5010 supports MHL & it works perfectly using this Pipeline passive MHL cable: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have never lost video or audio with it. *Please Note: If you do NOT have a receiver or a TV that supports MHL natively, then this will not work for you. It is a PASSIVE cable that transmits the raw MHL signal to the receiver or TV for native processing/decoding. If you DO have a TV or receiver that supports MHL though, then this is the way to go. Those little adapters will never match the reliability & quality of native decoding via an AVR or high-end TV.
Ingress Resistance - Rainbow6

Click HERE to buy me a cheeseburger if I helped you! Or even better, find a charity or local family fighting childhood cancer & help out however you can!

A brief & incomplete timeline of my love affair with mobile technology:

Badelhas
Old
Thanks Meter 48
I am also having trouble getting mhl adapter to work with my HTC One_M8. Tried two different ones already. The mhl symbol appears on the phone but no image on the TV. Anyone has any tips? I'm getting desperate
Thanks