Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,503 Members 37,002 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is it possible to bypass pin/security code in email app on stock rom?

Tip us?

lamenramen
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default Is it possible to bypass pin/security code in email app on stock rom?

Hi,

I'm trying to bypass the required pin/security code that my company's microsoft exchange email requires on a stock rom.

I installed the exchangen-no-pin hacked app that everyone uses on an AOSP rom, no problems.

But since I have decided that AOSP roms leave me with at least 1/3 less battery life than stock, I want to go back to stock. But I can't seem to get around the pin/security code policy b/c the hacked email apk doesn't work.

Anyone have any ideas?

asestar
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxz0O0 View Post
Is google not working for you? A search with the keywords "exchange bypass" gives this as first result: http://repo.xposed.info/module/org.f...exchangebypass
I wish people like you would learn to research their answers before being rude to others. This Xposed mod does not work on Stock Rom. Is google not working for you?
The Following User Says Thank You to asestar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Iruwen
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamenramen View Post
I'm trying to bypass the required pin/security code that my company's microsoft exchange email requires on a stock rom.
Bypassing corporate security policies sounds like a good idea.

HarpingOn
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Use an email client such as Nine. That will allow you to satisfy the exchange server with an email app pin lock and wipe, instead of a device level admin lock and wipe.

Sent from my SGP512 using Tapatalk

pomdave
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Mailwise is another (free) email client that allows bypass exchange security if you enter a code you have to fetch from their website one time.

Although Nine is probably a better alternative because it does have the app level pin & wipe function rather than completely bypassing exchange security.

Iruwen
Old
Thanks Meter 60
I can recommend NINE, it works great and their support is also pretty good, I received a reply almost instantly when I reported a minor bug and it was fixed within a day.

baste07
Old
Thanks Meter 270
on stock, i don't think so. it is governed by the administrators of your email account. is it an exchange account?