Is it possible to bypass pin/security code in email app on stock rom?

OP lamenramen

28th May 2014, 01:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24

257 posts
Hi,

I'm trying to bypass the required pin/security code that my company's microsoft exchange email requires on a stock rom.

I installed the exchangen-no-pin hacked app that everyone uses on an AOSP rom, no problems.

But since I have decided that AOSP roms leave me with at least 1/3 less battery life than stock, I want to go back to stock. But I can't seem to get around the pin/security code policy b/c the hacked email apk doesn't work.

Anyone have any ideas?
28th May 2014, 04:05 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,319

897 posts
Donate to Me
More
Is google not working for you? A search with the keywords "exchange bypass" gives this as first result: http://repo.xposed.info/module/org.f...exchangebypass
8th August 2014, 01:06 PM   |  #3  
Flag Oslo
Thanks Meter: 53

181 posts
More
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxz0O0

Is google not working for you? A search with the keywords "exchange bypass" gives this as first result: http://repo.xposed.info/module/org.f...exchangebypass

I wish people like you would learn to research their answers before being rude to others. This Xposed mod does not work on Stock Rom. Is google not working for you?
The Following User Says Thank You to asestar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th August 2014, 02:31 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 77

332 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamenramen

I'm trying to bypass the required pin/security code that my company's microsoft exchange email requires on a stock rom.

Bypassing corporate security policies sounds like a good idea.
10th August 2014, 10:26 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 60

280 posts
Use an email client such as Nine. That will allow you to satisfy the exchange server with an email app pin lock and wipe, instead of a device level admin lock and wipe.

Sent from my SGP512 using Tapatalk
10th August 2014, 11:15 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 5

12 posts
Mailwise is another (free) email client that allows bypass exchange security if you enter a code you have to fetch from their website one time.

Although Nine is probably a better alternative because it does have the app level pin & wipe function rather than completely bypassing exchange security.
11th August 2014, 12:01 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 77

332 posts
I can recommend NINE, it works great and their support is also pretty good, I received a reply almost instantly when I reported a minor bug and it was fixed within a day.
12th August 2014, 01:45 AM   |  #8  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 271

4,356 posts
More
on stock, i don't think so. it is governed by the administrators of your email account. is it an exchange account?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread