Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,129 Members 45,900 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hisense Sero 7 Pro General Questions Thread

Tip us?

glockman4519
Old
Thanks Meter 30
There are many different xposed modules that give you the reboot to recovery option and Gravity is just one of them. Advanced power menu is a geeat one. X Blast is another, and there are a few more but you have to be willing to install Xposed framework on your device.
To be honest though, I have yet to see a custom rom that didn't have this feature already built into it.
I hope this helps and the Hisense Sero 7 pro is one of my favorites among my tablets.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glockman4519 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

johnnyrichter
Old
(Last edited by johnnyrichter; 29th July 2014 at 09:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 28
GravityBox says something about not responding after it tries to contact the server. Wasn't really paying much attention to the exact words of the error, but it won't load. Went ahead and installed xposed. I have very little experience with it so I'll use this as an opportunity to see what it can do.

ETA: Looks like GravityBox framework needs to be installed within xposed. Installed, rebooted, and set up all the tweaks in it. Works great, thanks guys!
ATT Captivate - Retired/Selling
US Cellular Hero S - Retired/Selling
TMobile Vibrant - Retired/Selling
Sero 7 Pro - Current
AT&T S3 - Current

paratwa53
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Just wondering if anyone else has run into this.

I have Dopa 4.4.4 installed.

After installing XBMC and some plugins, I noticed that the Sero 7 Pro will not charge if the tablet is turned off. I have to charge it turned on, but with the screen in idle mode. Anyone know a fix for this?

bsnipes
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I don't think any of the Sero KitKat roms charge without being on. That has been my experience.

paratwa53
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsnipes View Post
I don't think any of the Sero KitKat roms charge without being on. That has been my experience.
It charged fine while turned off before I installed XBMC.
And now that I uninstalled XBMC it charges while turned off again.

bsnipes
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by paratwa53 View Post
It charged fine while turned off before I installed XBMC.
And now that I uninstalled XBMC it charges while turned off again.
I'll have to try again then. I have kept mine on because I recall it not working before. Thanks

gberpa
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default Need a New Tab

I exercised my extended WallyWorld warranty on my Sero 7 Pro as the microUSB port finally failed completely. My ~4 yr old Thrive is still working well and on the 3rd recharger.
Besides the new egg deal-it looks like they're scraping bottom-and my computer club buds say their refurbs are not notable- what's the best source for for the 7 Pro? Still WW, new at $115?
Would probably like an 8" but not to impressed with the Hisense offering? Any thoughts?

k8108
Old
Thanks Meter 72
I would echo the comment about NewEgg - do not buy their refurbished Seros. I got one and to send it back because the micro USB port didn't work. Finally got the return model - and it too has a faulty port! I'm done with NewEgg!

boonesmi
Old
Thanks Meter 8
sorry for asking this again (i asked it in another thread, but this is probably the right place)

has anyone tried daves omni build with f2fs? im wondering it has the huge performance boost that has been seen on some other devices.