Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,899 Members 49,000 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM]PxL ROM - PotatoXLenox BETA 2.0

Tip us?

AbhiLP
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahu.sushmita View Post
i hv flashd potatoXlenox... need advice...

I m having an internal memory crisis....google play services eating a hell amt of space 41mb to b precise ....cant move it to sd either using link2sd...

cn i uninstall d inbuilt hangouts?? cn sumbdy recommend wich all inbuilt apps i cn uninstall to free up space??
is it possible/advisable to move google play store into sd card?didnt try...

I dnt hv too heavy apps except whatsapp n all on sd card...
Yes..you can delete google hangouts as well as the YouTube app included in the rom (it doesn't works). Other than that there's not much that you can delete in there. You can freeze or delete GooglePlayServices but then you won't be able to use some of the gapps.
AFAIK, you can link GooglePlayServices to sdcard.

"Donít use a userís thanks count to judge their helpfulness Ė it is by no means an example of how helpful a user is. Many of the most helpful users on XDA-Developers do not have the largest thanks counts, rather they quietly help out where needed, and donít post when they have nothing to say."

The Following User Says Thank You to AbhiLP For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sahu.sushmita
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiLP View Post
Yes..you can delete google hangouts as well as the YouTube app included in the rom (it doesn't works). Other than that there's not much that you can delete in there. You can freeze or delete GooglePlayServices but then you won't be able to use some of the gapps.
AFAIK, you can link GooglePlayServices to sdcard.
dnt no wat is linking... n also i think it will require partition of sd card...

well ya cnt remove googleplayservices completely, many things r related to it....

one more think, d sim change alert option n remote control dosnt work...i guess its coz v cnt add samsung account...ny solution for it???

AbhiLP
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahu.sushmita View Post
dnt no wat is linking... n also i think it will require partition of sd card...

well ya cnt remove googleplayservices completely, many things r related to it....

one more think, d sim change alert option n remote control dosnt work...i guess its coz v cnt add samsung account...ny solution for it???
Linking is just like moving apps to sdcard. And Yes you need second partition for that.

Yes, The sim change alert and Remote controls do not work.Besides this, the Call Barring option is also missing. I don't know what exactly is the reason behind this. But as the OP has already said that the rom is still in beta and they're constantly working on it. So, i hope they'll fix all these issues soon.

"Donít use a userís thanks count to judge their helpfulness Ė it is by no means an example of how helpful a user is. Many of the most helpful users on XDA-Developers do not have the largest thanks counts, rather they quietly help out where needed, and donít post when they have nothing to say."

lionelsuyog
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Well, I can't mount sd-ext and cant even use amarullz script.
Second bug is that this ROM don't even get odexed! It says ''file "preloaded-classes" not found".

I'm on latest PxL Beta!

jasper~
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PineappleOwl View Post
Disclaimer:
I, who have been the representative of Lenox Developers would like to warn you before flashing the ROM.We, XDA and your friend who introduce Lenox to you are not responsible for the occured bootloops, stuck at logo, bricked device. Please do not blame. Before posting your problem, kindly check what you did. before reporting
Features:

[/HIDE]

Update: Beta 1.0 Pre-PotatoXLenox

PotatoXLenox BETA2.0

PotatoXLenox BETA2.0 AIO123 Update

Instruction:
Do I need to flash stock rom before flashing PXL rom? Thanks.

jpdesuasido
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper~ View Post
You don't need to quote the whole 1st post. And yeah you need to flash to Stock ROM using Odin for fully functional PxL ROM .
The Following User Says Thank You to jpdesuasido For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AbhiLP
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Nope. You actually don't have to. Just make sure you wipe system, data and cache and then remount all of them. And then, you can flash the rom.

jasper~
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiLP View Post
Nope. You actually don't have to. Just make sure you wipe system, data and cache and then remount all of them. And then, you can flash the rom.
Thanks bro. Do I need to flash gapps?

lionelsuyog
Old
Thanks Meter 87
@PineappleOwl I am not able to mount 2nd partition, and also odex the ROM.
While odexing, it says preclasses-dex is missing!
Any help appreciated!

AbhiLP
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Thanks bro. Do I need to flash gapps?
It's upto your needs. I have seperately downloaded Google Playstore and Gmail. And for youtube i use tubemate.