Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,281 Members 51,532 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ KERNEL ] Dhollmen 3.0.101 for STOCK ROM

Tip us?

dougs99
Old
(Last edited by dougs99; 3rd July 2014 at 06:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxafgmur View Post
If your device is GT-P5100 then you must download p5100 file, else (your device is GT-P5110/GT-P5113) you must download P511x file.

I think that's your problem. Please, not change nor remove the assert lines.

Cheers, from very much hot (and sunny) Spain.
Thanks for the info, will try again !

Edit,.. Thnx Tux,.. all good now now,.. great work, !! I've been running Kitkat,. however I like the stock UI,. and now its OC'd its much smoother etc,..
cheers !
The Following User Says Thank You to dougs99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hmgan
Old
Thanks Meter 1
have anyone tried and tested on 4.1.2 ?

lord_dizzy
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Hello,
I need some help please: the device (P5100 in my case) needs to be rooted and a new (modern) recovery installed or it works with stock recovery?
My TAB was previously updated to stock 4.2.2 (which I like it and used it for 5 months btw) without any other modification until now; and with your help, a little boost to it will be more than welcomed...

tuxafgmur
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_dizzy View Post
Hello,
I need some help please: the device (P5100 in my case) needs to be rooted and a new (modern) recovery installed or it works with stock recovery?
My TAB was previously updated to stock 4.2.2 (which I like it and used it for 5 months btw) without any other modification until now; and with your help, a little boost to it will be more than welcomed...

With Standard Samsung Recovery you can't install another kernel (I guess, as I never used it)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...7&d=1399933399

There are common root instructions in this forum.
androzzi Old
Thanks Meter 0
What app can I use to configure this kernel?

tuxafgmur
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by androzzi View Post
What app can I use to configure this kernel?

If you don't like by hand (/etc/init.d) you can use this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.darekxan.voltagecontrol&hl=en

I like this app.
The Following User Says Thank You to tuxafgmur For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
androzzi Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks, however I'm trying your kernel with zap blaster 2.3 rom and it's fantastic , now I can use 4.2.2 well. Thanks for this fantastic kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lord_dizzy
Old
(Last edited by lord_dizzy; 12th August 2014 at 10:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Nice work indeed, thank you very much for a better kernel.
A little problem (on my P5100 at least): when using videos from youtube, after some suspend/resume/switching tasks, videos would lock up and wont play anymore, just black screen. I think it's because 900mV for 300MHz is not enough for my CPU. Is there a way to change that default boot frequency table to 950mV? I changed it with VoltageControl you mentioned above, and it seems it's working with the new settings, but I don't want to use an application at boot time, I just want to be the default 950mV for 300MHz. Where do I have to look?
sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/UV_mV_table*is changed when modifyed with VoltageControl, but reseted always to 900mV after boot.
Thank you again.