[DEAD][Player4.2][ROM][OTA][HOLO-KK][v1.3] HoloFrenzy ROM for the Galaxy Player 4.2

Do you think HoloFrenzy should be made in Kitkat white instead of holo blue?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

glits

Sep 5, 2013
Okay. Though I can't do it right now. I'll do this as soon as possible! Thank you anyway!!

Sent from my Moto E using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: drakonizer

glits

Sep 5, 2013
Got it working. Nevermind it! I was using another version of CWM recovery and thats why I wasn't able to flash it! It does look really really nice, luved it!!! It looks almost The same as the one found on my moto e.

glits

Sep 5, 2013
Yes. Before re-installing this one I was testing an CM7 based ROM made by Androthan which uses another version of the CWM Recovery.

Reactions: HellPie
Dec 6, 2014
Never mind got it working!!!!!

Problem. The status bar crashes every time it loads... It says

"Sorry -Use *#9900# to take log -

The application Status Bar (process com.android.systemui) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Is there a way to fix this?

Also when is 2.0 coming out?

Sent from my YP-GI1 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

jmindset

Oct 18, 2012
Never mind got it working!!!!!

Problem. The status bar crashes every time it loads... It says

"Sorry -Use *#9900# to take log -

The application Status Bar (process com.android.systemui) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Is there a way to fix this?

Also when is 2.0 coming out?

Pretty sure this is a dead project. No activity or respond from the Dev in a while.

Sent from my SM-N900V

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
Pretty sure this is a dead project. No activity or respond from the Dev in a while.

Sent from my SM-N900V

Yep.
I'm sorry guys but this ROM is dead... I lost all the files I had worked on when I switched to a new laptop and then I got a new device, so it's a little beyond my time to develop from scratch for a device that is not my primary device anymore. I may change my mind in the future but its highly unlikely.
The current version will always be available for download and I will update links if they die.
Thanks for using my ROM and sorry again.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: glits and jmindset

jmindset

Oct 18, 2012
Yep.
I'm sorry guys but this ROM is dead... I lost all the files I had worked on when I switched to a new laptop and then I got a new device, so it's a little beyond my time to develop from scratch for a device that is not my primary device anymore. I may change my mind in the future but its highly unlikely.
The current version will always be available for download and I will update links if they die.
Thanks for using my ROM and sorry again.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Free mobile app

Well thanks for all your hard work. Regardless if its ever gonna get another update, I use the current version as my daily driver. Brought new life into my galaxy player.

Sent from my SM-N900V

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

To bad :( this was a good rom

The best for our 4.2.

Sent from my SM-N900V

Reactions: drakonizer

NM

Nov 11, 2013
Paris
www.tutoriels-android.com
[quote name="jmindset" post=51839311]So no go from after flashing the Rom. Got stuck at the galaxy s2 start screen.

Both of these things happened to me, but I eventually got it working.

This is how I did it:

1. I restored back to stock + root.
2. I flashed ChaosChris' 'Stock Apps' rom (http://d-h.st/u4C).
3. I cleared both the cache and the dalvik cache.
4. I flashed the HoloFrenzy rom and rebooted to recovery.
5. I flashed the update package and rebooted properly.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for this tip but it now puts me in a bootloop. Maybe its not working because I have the US version.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 04:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 AM ----------

OK I tried it a second time and this time it worked and booted successfully! I did all the steps again as you listed expect for one thing. After flashing the stock app chaos ROM I REBOOTED and let fully restart. I then turned the player off and rebooted into cwm. After that I wiped the cache and dalvik. Then I flashed the holofrenzy ROM. Lastly as you listed, I rebooted into cwm and flashed the holofrenzy update package and rebooted.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using xda app-developers app

Sent from my LG-LG870 using xda app-developers app[/QUOTE]

Hi... Can I ask you which CWM you used?

po8pimp

Custom Boot Animation Support?

@drakonizer, I noticed you mentioned that you had figured out how to add custom bootanimation support for this device. I also noticed that you lost all your files when your computer died. My question is can you help me figure out how to get custom bootanimation support for this device? I am trying to build a new rom to bring some life back to this device and that is one of my hangups. Samsung and the stupid qmg files. Ultimately I would like to be able to drop the bootanimation.zip into the system/media folder and be done with it. Thank you in advance

glits

Sep 5, 2013
@drakonizer, I noticed you mentioned that you had figured out how to add custom bootanimation support for this device. I also noticed that you lost all your files when your computer died. My question is can you help me figure out how to get custom bootanimation support for this device? I am trying to build a new rom to bring some life back to this device and that is one of my hangups. Samsung and the stupid qmg files. Ultimately I would like to be able to drop the bootanimation.zip into the system/media folder and be done with it. Thank you in advance
Any progress? I'm likely to build something, even after all these years. But my USB connector is just screwed up and it's a real pain getting the device to be recognised on a computer.

I'm making some tests. But most of them drive me to a bootloop hahaha

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA-Developers mobile app

glits

Sep 5, 2013
Guys, I just started out theming drakonizer's Holo Frenzy 1.3 so that it looks like an SGS5. Firstly, I wanna ask drakonizer's permissions to share it with you, and also, I'd like to thanks Kevin for his systemUI. Secondly, I need someone to test this out, as I can't flash it on my player since it's kinda wrecked right now hahaahahaha.

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
Guys, I just started out theming drakonizer's Holo Frenzy 1.3 so that it looks like an SGS5. Firstly, I wanna ask drakonizer's permissions to share it with you, and also, I'd like to thanks Kevin for his systemUI. Secondly, I need someone to test this out, as I can't flash it on my player since it's kinda wrecked right now hahaahahaha.

First off, an SGS5 themed "Holo"frenzy is obviously wrong, so you might want to make a new thread for it. And of course, you can use my ROM as a base, as long as it's mentioned in the OP. Good job and good luck!

Reactions: glits

glits

Sep 5, 2013
First off, an SGS5 themed "Holo"frenzy is obviously wrong, so you might want to make a new thread for it. And of course, you can use my ROM as a base, as long as it's mentioned in the OP. Good job and good luck!
IKR hahaahahahahahaaha. Many thanks, man. Of course I'm giving you all credits you deserve, once it's published!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Untitled-1_zps9c6ed9c3.jpg
    Hey guys! I have owned my Galaxy Player 4.2 for about a year now and am tired of waiting for a custom ROM for it. So I decided to take the matter into my own hands. At first my thought was to try developing CM for this device. But that idea was discarded mostly because I am a noob at linux kernels and basically building android itself. Not only that, even if I did succeed in building a ROM, it is sure to have a LOT of bugs that I am sure I would'nt be able to fix. So my next goal was to try and make the stock gingerbread feel like a jellybean/kitkat ROM, an idea that I got from the R.E.D.D ROM for the Galaxy Players 4 & 5. I started modding the stock deodexed ROM about 2 months ago and now I have modded it to an extent where a non-developer would swear that it was a CM10+ ROM ;). So anyway, enough chitchat, let's go to the actual ROM!

DISCLAIMER:
    I have made this ROM from scratch, i.e, modded every part of it manually. If you would like to use any part of this ROM, or the ROM itself for any development purposes, please go ahead, but PM me first and give proper credits.
    Although this is my own ROM and I personally use it as a daily driver, I do not take any responsibility for bricks and/or failed flashes, even though there is less than 1% chance for such an incident.

Now moving on to the...

FEATURES:
    Framework:
    *Completely HOLO framework - no samsung crap left!
    *Holo dialogs with holo style buttons
    *Holo sliders, spinners and progress bars
    *Jellybean animations
    *JB style pattern lockscreen with reduced thickness
    *Complete Roboto font and text colours
    *ICS/JB style integrated task switcher (thanks to agmtpd)
    *JB style resized title bar
    *Kitkat Easter Egg!!! (thanks to MuSaddiq)
    and many more! Find out yourself!

System:
    *Dolby Mobile Audio Effects
    *ViPER4Android Audio Effect!
    *Sony Mobile Bravia Engine
    *Kitkat Themed Launcher
    Status Bar:
    *Kitkat style white statusbar clock with roboto font
    *Kitkat Statusbar Icons
    *Battery percent indicator (thanks to erhany)
    *Kitkat style gradient statusbar
    *Kitkat style close on/off toggle
    *Complete JB 4.1.2 Statusbar expanded
    *JB style notifications
    *SWIPE TO REMOVE!!!

Basically, once you flash this ROM, I am sure you'll stick with it. (unless a miracle occurs and we actually get a stable CM port ;) ).

Update v1.3 is online. You can flash it OTA by installing the OTA Update Package below, or directly flash it with CWMr.

Installation Instructions:
    NOTE:
    As of now, I'm only aware of this method to install the ROM. You need to be on a stock deodexed ROM first. I'm not sure why, but it is not possible to make the transition form the stock odexed ROM to the customized ROM. So here are the instructions to flash the ROM:

-> First, download any deodexed ROM ( This one has been reported to work http://d-h.st/u4C) (thanks @groovychap and @ChaosChris )
    -> Download HoloFrenzy
    -> Boot into CWM recovery
    -> Flash the deodexed ROM
    -> Once it finishes, reboot and boot into recovery again.
    -> Now flash the HoloFrenzy ROM.
    -> Clear cache and dalvik-cache
    -> Reboot. Done

Installation Instructions for update packages:

-> Make sure you're on HoloFrenzy
    -> Download the update package
    -> Flash in CWM
    -> Reboot. Done

Bug Reports and Feature Requests:
    If you notice any bugs, feel free to post here and/or send me a PM. I will look into it ASAP.
    I hope that all users of this ROM find it great to use. If you find anything unthemed or if you want any features, please don't hesitate to post here or send me a PM. If it's possible in GB, I will try my best to implement it.

Updates:
    I will update the ROM as frequently as possible and also when necessary. I will not be uploading the ROM again (as I have crappy internet) but will post update packages. Once I decide to make a final version, I will make a final zip of the whole ROM. Links to update packages will be posted here.

Update Plans:
    -Theme system apps
    -Fix bugs
    -Incorporate any feature requests

Downloads:
    Version 1:

Update Package v1.2

DOWNLOAD OTA PACKAGE:

Update Package v1.3

Screenshots:
    2014_04_09_114005_zpscd1154b0.png

2014_04_09_114245_zpsa9ce2fc2.png

2014_04_09_123549_zps959097e4.png

2014_04_09_123702_zpsc8660d54.png

2014_04_09_114150_zpsfa195656.png

2014_04_09_114221_zps215a5959.png

2014_04_09_114945_zpsf092f66c.png

2014_04_09_115126_zps29b98dda.png

2014_04_09_120240_zps1831bfcb.png

Changelog:
    Code:
    Version 1.0
    *Initial Release
    Version 1.2
    *Themed framework to complete blue
    *Added Viper4Android and Dolby Mobile Audio Effects
    *Added Mobile Bravia Engine
    *Included Kitkat launcher (holo launcher mod)
    *Included Kitkat Easter Egg app
    Version 1.3
    *Themed framework to Kitkat white
    *More Holo UI
    *Brightness slider in status bar
    *Volume steps mod
    *Settings.apk modded
    *Other Misc. UI mods

ChaosChris ( I based my ROM off his deodexed version )
    zaclimon (for porting CWM)
    b16h22 (HUGE Thanks)
    iJimaniac
    safariking
    groovychap (for the installation method)
    and all others who have developed for this device
    P.S If I have missed your name (I have been working on this for months, so it is likely that I have), please PM me and I will be more than glad to add your name.

XDA:DevDB Information
    HoloFrenzy ROM Galaxy Player 4.2, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Player 4.0, 5.0

Contributors
    drakonizer
    ROM OS Version: 2.3.x Gingerbread
    ROM Kernel: Linux 2.6.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Deodexed ROM
    Based On: Stock Touchwiz

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.3
    Stable Release Date: 2014-05-10

Created 2014-07-09
    Last Updated 2015-02-23
    Update Plans

UPDATE PLANS:

-* Kitkat style tiles view for statusbar--> Done! Will be included in v2.0. Test version available here

-*Custom Bootanimation Support--> Done! Will be included in v2.0

-* Integrate original ICS lockscreen--> WIP...almost given up, but I'll still try.-----------------SUCCESS-------------------!!!

-* Extended Power Menu--> WIP..
    How is the development going? Is there anything new that you've not mentioned?

Well, I modded the quickpanel toggles to look like the notification page toggles on cm11, that's all that's new...I've been constantly trying to get the ICS lockscreen working but it seems impossible to get it to work. For the record, if anyone's interested I'm trying this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52000849 . Anyway I'm not sure about the future of this ROM because as you know, CM11 will be ported to the 4.2 (HUGE Thanks to @Androthan) so I don't know if a Kitkat themed ROM will be feasible.
    @groovychap Thanks a lot for your bug report. I too noticed the same bug after you mentioned it and it will be fixed in the next update. As for the theming request, I have taken it into consideration and will try my best to do it :good:

EDIT: Good News! I have managed to get the custom bootanimation working! It will be included in v2.0 :D
    Update 1.3 will be online in a few days. Sorry for the delay, but I am trying to integrate the original ICS lockscreen into the update, and its taking some time. You can update it OTA when it releases, by flashing the OTA Package, in the OP.