Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,879 Members 43,528 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

USB 3.0 Charging port corrupt?

Tip us?

mlock420
Old
Thanks Meter 236
Funny because I just got my note 3 2 months ago I could only use 3.0 USB for the first 2 or 3 weeks until it's started charging my phone super slow or not at all... USB 2.0 works tho...

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

droptopMP
Old
Thanks Meter 3
My wife and I are have the same issue. Both phone charge using usb 2.0 cords with the oem wall plug but won't charge with the oem 3.0 cords. Started a few weeks ago, up until yesterday my cord still worked on both phone but not today
.....grrrrr

zer0trip
Old
Thanks Meter 43
The charging cables from Samsung seem to be faulty, both of my factory cables have gone bad (mine and my wife's) but my third party cable works wonderfully.
If you're a noob WATCH THIS VIDEO you will avoid alot of chastising.

Read The OP, Search The Thread, and Then Ask Your Question. Trust me, there are many fellow posters waiting to call you out for not having done so, and yes we can tell if you haven't.

Primary Device: T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3
ROM: W03 Slim
Kernal: LK

Retired: Samsung Galaxy SIII

Hitting THANK YOU is just the right thing to do!

jazzmachine
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Yep, same here. It's a really strange problem. Mine stopped charging with the oem cable maybe a month after I got it (tried tightening the screws on the port, which did feel a bit loose), but still had problems with charging. The OG cable does however mount the phone on my computer for odin / file transfers so I just got a wireless charging module and charge my phone that way. Adding further to the mystery, I just ordered this micro usb 3.0 hub: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 but I haven't bothered to try it out until right before posting this (I had a pack of 10 micro usb 2 port covers and I'm down to like 2 because I frequently lose them when I take them out; wish I could find one that attaches to the phone, like the one on the S5, anyone know where one could obtain such a product??) Anyways, the hub works fine, plugged my ps3 controller and a flash drive into usb ports on the hub and it worked no problem.

So, the port seems to work for anything except charging with the OG cord (just noticed that it does actually charge if I plug a power cord (not included) into that hub. The OG cord doesn't work anymore for charging, but provides a perfectly stable connection to my PC. So, in conclusion:
Tags
3.0, charger, charging, power, usb