Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,562 Members 37,520 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 7 gyroscope not working

Tip us?

DarshanaXN
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Q] Nexus 7 gyroscope not working

My nexus 7 does not auto rotates when the orientation is changed, also I cannot play accelerometer based games( in real racing 3 car keeps going straight). factory resetting the device didn't help. I've attached a screenshot of the device in AndroSensor app..

I will be very grateful if you guys can help me out..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-09-18-07-08[1].jpg
Views:	132
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	2734238  

Cares
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Mine just stopped working about a week ago. I am stock rooted and everything has been fine. I did not update anything and just noticed it wouldn't work anymore. I tested it with Smart Tools and the "balance" tool will not work. I have to manually rotate the screen with a video or something.

skizofrenic
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Same nere
Seems a reboot fix IT... For some little time
Recently updated TO 4.4 and installed 2 app (magic 2015 and lone wolf)

Sensor disappear from active sensors
After reboot IT s there

sahilrana
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Same problem here

I had this happen 2 days back. Installed a stock image. It became fine. But, today again no motion sensors are working. I tried again by installing stock image. Did not fix it.

bezerker75
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Had the same issue here with a brand new 48h old N7. Sent it to Asus and they replaced the mainboard. Now it works.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk

micheldjerzinski
Old
Thanks Meter 5
So no solution for this? Gyroscope stopped working on my N7 a month ago and I could get it work by flash the stock image back. But now it refuses to rotate again and this time flashing doesn't help.

juliatan
Old
Thanks Meter 37
I have this proble since JB till now latest KK on Nexus 7-13. Sometimes (or even often) rotate stops to work. Reflashing firmware or factory reset in the meanwhile (for other reason btw) did not solve. Can be short or days of not working rotation. Reboot worked a few times but often not. When rotation works it works good, so it is most ptobably a firmware issue.

When not working I use a 3rd party rotation app. Needed anyway for forcing reverse portrait on all apps when using tablet while charging battery and have charge-cable more convenient upside down on top of device.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 (2013), iPad Mini Retina of Moto G Lte

pc323
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have the same problem on my Nexus 7 (2013). The tablet had been sent to the ASUS service center thrice and two of them are the sensor problem. The service center has repaired the tablet and the sensors worked for a week only. Now, they don't work anymore and the warranty was void.

The screen cannot be rotated properly. The accelerometer and gyroscope seems to be disabled when using the Sensor Kinetics to check.