Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,363 Members 48,094 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Losing Data Connection on Idle

Tip us?
 
android06
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 21
Join Date: Jun 2014
Default Losing Data Connection on Idle

Hi all,

Im on Viper Rom 6.2.1 Rom, Elite Lunar Kernel, and latest OTA radio.
My 4G connection is great when connected, I hit the 40s and 50s download speed.

The problem im having is that when the data connection is idle for like 30 seconds, all of a sudden I lose data connection. the 4G LTE logo is still showing but the download/upload activity arrows no longer flashes. It goes back when I turn mobile data off then on again. Then I lose connection again when idle.

What could be the problem?
Thanks
 
synisterwolf
Old
#2  
synisterwolf's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2151
Posts: 6,334
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by android06 View Post
Hi all,

Im on Viper Rom 6.2.1 Rom, Elite Lunar Kernel, and latest OTA radio.
My 4G connection is great when connected, I hit the 40s and 50s download speed.

The problem im having is that when the data connection is idle for like 30 seconds, all of a sudden I lose data connection. the 4G LTE logo is still showing but the download/upload activity arrows no longer flashes. It goes back when I turn mobile data off then on again. Then I lose connection again when idle.

What could be the problem?
Thanks
I just had a similar problem recently like this. Turns out i burned out my 4g sim card. Before changing roms or firmware i would suggest going into a VZW store and get a new one. They are free, they dont even look at the phone. Just tell them LTE connectivity isn't working correctly and that the sim card is bad. they will give you another one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Internet
You learn something new everyday. Unless you have a brain injury, then it's all pretty much yelling and coloring.
 
android06
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 21
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by synisterwolf View Post
I just had a similar problem recently like this. Turns out i burned out my 4g sim card. Before changing roms or firmware i would suggest going into a VZW store and get a new one. They are free, they dont even look at the phone. Just tell them LTE connectivity isn't working correctly and that the sim card is bad. they will give you another one.
Thanks. I figure it was probably the sim card. I will try that.
 
Uzephi
Old
#4  
Uzephi's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 324
Posts: 1,029
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Phoenix

 
DONATE TO ME
I am having a similar situation. I have data loss after having hotspot on for a little while and any type of reboot is the only remedy (restart of shell, full reboot, adb reboot, etc). I already swapped Sims at the Verizon store, tried different roms, tried flashing different firmware and radio combinations. Any suggestions?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app
 
elarson006
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 79
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzephi View Post
I am having a similar situation. I have data loss after having hotspot on for a little while and any type of reboot is the only remedy (restart of shell, full reboot, adb reboot, etc). I already swapped Sims at the Verizon store, tried different roms, tried flashing different firmware and radio combinations. Any suggestions?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app
I too am having similar issues, though it appears more random than associated with using hotspot.

Every few hours, all radio connectivity but Wifi shuts off. I get the no service icon in the status bar. Only a reboot fixes the issue.

Running teamEcliptic Rom 4.4.3 v1.4, kernel: EliteLunar 3.4.10, baseband: 1.13.41.0421, build: 6.06.401.1.

Soff, unlocked, root, etc.
When I have time to spare plan to restore a stock rom (keeping S-off though) to see if that fixes the issue.

Any advice from those more versed in the One M7 would be appreciated!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes