Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,670 Members 44,292 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unlimited tethering mod for T-Mobile S5

Tip us?

mike96789
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Its called wifi tether router by fabio grasso

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 AM ----------

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...fitetherrouter

Current Device: SAMSUNG GALAXY S3
- Running Stock JB - Rooted

PAST DEVICES: Motorola Cliq / T-Mobile G2 / HTC Amaze 4G
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mike96789 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xda23
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda23 View Post
What wifi tethering router app are you using? Thanks!!!

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app
Are you using the one for $2.50 in the market made by fabio Grasso. Thanks!!!

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike96789 View Post
From within tje xposed installer I downloaded moto tether and turned it on. In the wanam module under the system category I checked disable tether provisioning. I also use the wifi tether router app from the market. I have been able to tether successfully.

Hey Im sorry I cant figure out how to download the moto tether thats inside the xposed installer I cant find moto tether inside xposed could you explain what steps you took. Thanks

fbueller
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
I use Xposed and wanam to get unlimited tether. Just a couple of checkmarks and it works.

Quote:
From within tje xposed installer I downloaded moto tether and turned it on. In the wanam module under the system category I checked disable tether provisioning. I also use the wifi tether router app from the market. I have been able to tether successfully.

Do you mean X Tether module? I can't find Moto Tether...

mike96789
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Sorry. It is x tether.

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by xda23 View Post
Are you using the one for $2.50 in the market made by fabio Grasso. Thanks!!!

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Hey Im sorry I cant figure out how to download the moto tether thats inside the xposed installer I cant find moto tether inside xposed could you explain what steps you took. Thanks
Use the link in my previous post. Should take you to the app.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mike96789 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mike96789
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Did you guys have any luck?

The Following User Says Thank You to mike96789 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xda23
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Did you guys have any luck?

I got it working thanks,bud.

squirrel323
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Angry THANK YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidZero View Post
So, after digging, reading, crying, and lots of booze, I found a solution to our ongoing issue.. and it was in another thread... HOWEVER, there's a note that isn't noted that's worth noting (huh?):

Do what they say on the following thread.
Spend $2.50 on Tether Router in the Play Store; or download the .APK (one of the first few pages in the thread).
Do what they say again in the thread.
If you have any existing WiFi connections saved and connect to them automatically, delete those connections (forget), leave WiFi enabled, then turn on the WiFi Router.

Here's a summery:

Use Root Explorer or a Root browser of some sort (ROM Toolbox is great since the Root Browser includes an XML editor) and navigate to system/csc

Change the permissions for customer.xml to allow read and write access.

Modify the customer.xml file and change the IPV6 values to IPV4. Also change the "<Editable>no</Editable>" to "<Editable>yes</Editable>".

Navigate to your system settings menu for your Access Point Names Settings > Network Connections > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names. Use the Menu toggle and select the only option Reset to default. This may take a few seconds to a minute to refresh the list. If you click the "T-Mobile US LTE" APN, you should see that you can now edit the values, though you shouldn't have to if the APN Protocol is already set to IPv4. Mine is set to IPv4/IPv6 and works just fine.

Buy the darn app, Wifi Tether Router by FABIO GRASSO. It's only $2.50 and apparently, it works.

YOU NEED ROOT ACCESS

Launch Wifi Tether Router and select Configure WiFi Router.

Allow Root Access

Use the following settings to ensure stability and workability with your SGS5:
Interface wlan0
Method 3 - HostApd
Encryption wpa2-psk
Channel 1
Drivers nl80211
"HostApd Patch" <- UNCHECKED
"No Firmware Reload" <- UNCHECKED

Ensure your wireless device is N or G compatible and adjust the setting accordingly in the same list.

Back out of the configuration settings once you've set them up but don't enable the hotspot yet.

First, open your WiFi settings and Turn on WiFi. If you connect to any WiFi networks, delete those network connections and don't connect to any wifi networks and leave WiFi turned ON.

Go Back to WiFi Tether Router and Enable WiFi Router.

Poof! It should be working. If for some stupid reason it isn't, Reboot your phone, enable WiFi, and try again.

If not, try the Omega international ROM that everyone is talking about. Tether works great on it from what I hear.

Here's the original threads that helped me: Thread 1, Thread 2 Winning Post

i just want to tell you THANK YOU i didn't see any one else confirm that this method works it worked for me and i love you for it

The Following User Says Thank You to squirrel323 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]