[ROM][MILESTONE1] SuperG2 & Bareback [ZVC][8/5/14]

Search This thread

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
I cant make knock on work with bareback or milestone, i do everything just as it says but theres no difference

If the Hidden Menu fix that others have successfully used does not work, you may have to tot back to ZVA to update the Touch Firmware. Then take the OTA to ZVC, use Autorec to root, load recovery and then flash our rom.

Good luck and use search feature on forum if you don't understand or know where the a) TOT or b) Autorec threads are.

WindowsSucks

Oct 8, 2012
Hartsville
Any of yall have chromcast? I tried cast screen and google play services stop. Wondering if its the CC app or issue with rom. Im on bareback. Works on wifes g2. She is stock zvd

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
Any of yall have chromcast? I tried cast screen and google play services stop. Wondering if its the CC app or issue with rom. Im on bareback. Works on wifes g2. She is stock zvd

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
Screen mirroring doesn't work for some reason on rom and that is why you got the crash, at least that is when I have seen it crash.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Reactions: WindowsSucks

Rammv

Oct 18, 2011
Charlie 95113 ,Look in your apps there is ROMdb Dev tool included for the d3rp team. Kinda like the box, the thread you just postsed.

Reactions: charlie95113

Titchener17

Jul 17, 2013
Raleigh
can edit and view ota under ##data# , but nothing there under internet where can normally edit. is this by design , ie should it be like that just wanna make sure ?

scratch that put a fresh sprint hidden menu apk which did the trick.

This rom is so awesome and good looking . Details like the nav keys color/shading all around the place just look tight and connectivity is even better with this build - giving thanks y'all !

Last edited:
Reactions: mrrogers1

aaronfrickinaustin

Nov 11, 2013
Can someone please help me? I had to revert to ZV8, and then I tried flashing this with the steps provided, and it stays at the SuperG2 screen.
At first, I thought it was just taking a while to boot, but it sat at the same screen for 30+ minutes. When I went back to TWRP to flash ZVA radio and CM11, I got a bootloop, and never got past the LG logo
What do I do? :confused:

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
Can someone please help me? I had to revert to ZV8, and then I tried flashing this with the steps provided, and it stays at the SuperG2 screen.
At first, I thought it was just taking a while to boot, but it sat at the same screen for 30+ minutes. When I went back to TWRP to flash ZVA radio and CM11, I got a bootloop, and never got past the LG logo
What do I do? :confused:
It sounds like your first mistake was rooting on ZV8 and flashing from there, you should have taken the OTA's to ZVC, rooted with ioroot, used Autorec to get TWRP and Download Mode restored and then flashed our ZVC rom. If you still are in a position to tot to ZV8 again, do that and follow my recommendation above.

The second mistake I'd say it sounded like you may have missed the ZVC modem flashing in the same session as our rom.

Tot and update is the cleanest way if you still can do it, other than that, maybe try to flash ZVC rom and Modem is same recovery session.

Good Luck

Reactions: Titchener17

Titchener17

Jul 17, 2013
Raleigh
its not a good move or beneficial (hidden menus back what what THANKS TEAM D3RP !) to change ue profile to data centric correct ?

aaronfrickinaustin

Nov 11, 2013
It sounds like your first mistake was rooting on ZV8 and flashing from there, you should have taken the OTA's to ZVC, rooted with ioroot, used Autorec to get TWRP and Download Mode restored and then flashed our ZVC rom. If you still are in a position to tot to ZV8 again, do that and follow my recommendation above.

The second mistake I'd say it sounded like you may have missed the ZVC modem flashing in the same session as our rom.

Tot and update is the cleanest way if you still can do it, other than that, maybe try to flash ZVC rom and Modem is same recovery session.

Good Luck

I managed to go to CM11 from ZV8 finally, but I have no idea what I did wrong because I flashed the modem in the same session as the rom :/

Reactions: 10acjed

etd

Oct 3, 2012
Orlando
Hey i am running bareback zvc and it is great! I was just wondering if any one nows how to enable ART since it apparently is not in developer options until zvd. I read that it could be done using build prop editor but not what or how to actually do it. Thanks!

Edit: i am still interested to know but i will be sticking with dalvik because i read xposed does not work on ART yet and some of the improvements are more of a placibo effect than any thing else so far.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: Titchener17

Titchener17

Jul 17, 2013
Raleigh
Just wanted to comment that the touch panel fix for knock on worked for me. Just followed the steps in the OP and everything is good. It definitely was NOT working before I flashed the fix and followed the instructions. Thanks team D3RP!!!

Edit: I guess there's no way for the most recent Dorimanx kernel to work with this rom? Sounds like he made some pretty significant upgrades to the kernel with release 6.8. Tried installing it with my initial flash of D3RP and I got a bootloop.

try flashing the latest super su , set to prompt, then undo stweaks so you have to grant su perm. so far so good

matrx10503

Feb 3, 2010
La
OnePlus 8
Great rom!!! I have a LS980 model but a Att sim card and i managed to get it working changing build.prop to Open but only calls work :( anyone knows how to get data working??

I don't know if you can....there seems to be no place to input any APN settings. Under Tethering & Networks, there is no option to change network mode or add APN settings.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the team d3rp SuperG2 ROM for the LG G2. Please read the whole first page of this thread!

SuperG2%20(1)50.png

team d3rp:myself, il duce, pstevep, thoughtlesskyle, vanessaem, Ajthescot, hockeyfamily737, diestarbucks, Gumby63, youdug, solver404, and harfainx.

ROM BASE:
    - Android 4.4.2 KK, Optimus UI, OTA LS980ZVC, DeOdexed.
    - All LG, Google, and Sprint apps up to date.
    - Latest busybox and superSU.

ROM FEATURES:
    Added:
    - ZVC base
    - Init.d support
    - Small nav bar.
    - Changed Roboto font to Roboto Condensed.
    - Qualcomm optimized bionic lib.
    - WiFi Tether (thanks @[COLOR="gray"]justinswidebody[/COLOR])
    - SuperG2 boot animation.
    - Custom Startup/Shutdown sounds.
    - Dolby in LGMusic.
    - CinemaSound in LGVideos.
    - DiVX enabled.
    - ZipAlign at boot.
    - Wallpapers in LGHome and Lockscreen.
    - Transparent Weather.
    - Gray nav bar.
    - Themed notifications dropdown.
    - Themed Settings.
    - Themed SystemUI.
    - Themed Framework.
    - Themed LG Icons.
    - Fully themed Phone.
    - Lightly themed Messaging.
    - Select LG G3 Wallpapers
    - LG G3 Keyboard (thanks @Cloudyfa)
    Removed:
    - A lot of LG blue.
    - A lot of bloat.
    - Terrible sounds.
    - LTE icon.
    - Some stock wallpapers.

INCLUDED APPS:
    - Power Menu
    - Flashlight
    - ROMdb Dev Tool (thanks joeykrim)
    - d3rp Wallpapers (Bareback only)

CREDITS & THANKS:
    - team d3rp - you are all amazing!
    - AOSP, LG, AOKP, cyanogenMOD, superSU, apktool, and VTS for pretty things, tools, and the base for all we do.
    - ALL the themers and devs we see on the site or hangouts regularly, and everyone on XDA.
    - We used MANY guides and tutorials to do this stuff, if we have left your name off send a PM and we'll add you.
    - Real_JESRadio for the many excellent reviews of our ROMs. Always very much appreciated!
    - secret.animal, That_Guy0505, and lowpro3210 for being our awesome lab rats and testing all the things for you guys.

ISSUES:
    - Weather animation does not work on lockscreen.

MY DISPLAY IS MESSED UP! HELP!:
    - If your screen looks like crazy white static like this after you reboot:

a5y9yzuv_zpsebbba152.jpg

Flash this in Recovery:
    White Lines Fix

I was on a ZVC/Knock Code compatible rom before and my KNOCK ON WILL NOT WORK! HELP!:

Flash this in Recovery: Restore Knock On
    Reboot and enter into your dialer 5689#*980# then goto HW Device Test >> Touch Test >> Touch Firmware Upgrade >> Ok to correct your Touch panel firmware mismatch.

SuperG2 Milestone 1 - DOWNLOAD
    md5: 8a1d7bd30594d30d32e2cb4cccb47332
    Size: 1.3GB

SuperG2 Milestone 1 - DOWNLOAD MIRROR
    md5: 8a1d7bd30594d30d32e2cb4cccb47332
    Size: 1.3GB

See Post #2 for Bareback Rom, you know you want to....
    *Restore zips are also in post #2 so if you are missing something, ask. we'll try to oblige.

HOW TO INSTALL:
    1. Boot into Recovery.
    2. Select Wipe.
    3. Select Advanced Wipe.
    4. Wipe System, Data, and Cache.
    5. Go back to main menu.
    6. Select Install.
    7. Select SuperG2.
    8. Install SuperG2.
    9. Boot SuperG2.
    10. Love SuperG2.

ZVA TO ZVC INFORMATION:
    To upgrade to ZVC ROM's coming from ZVA:
    1. ***MAKE A BACKUP*** If the modem does not flash properly (i.e. ROM won't boot) you can restore. If modem flashes and ROM boots, you CANNOT restore any ZVA ROM without downgrading your modem which is in autoprime’s thread here: Flashable Modem Zips [All G2 Variants]
    2. Flash ZVC ROM. (Wipe cache, data, system, then flash ROM)
    3. Flash ZVC Modem in SAME Recovery session.
    4. IF SUCCESSFUL, reboot to System.
    5. After successful boot, reboot to Recovery.
    6. Flash ZVC Firmware, reboot to System.
    7. Profit.

PLEASE READ:
    - You must go to Settings/System Updates and Update Profile if you do not have Data after flashing this.
    - Read mrrogers1 post about taking OTA updates: Here

BLLAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR.....
    NOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM.....
    G3 kb is definitely a go. LG did a great job on it. Also redid that HORRIBLE dialer. Its not finished yet, and this is just a rough draft but this is what it will probably look like.

uploadfromtaptalk1401707874643.jpg

[ROM][MILESTONE1] SuperG2 Bareback [ZVC][8/5/14]

SuperG2bareback%20(1)50.png

This is a Optimus/Home free version of our d3rpG2 Rom that has been put on a serious diet. The goal of this was to strip down not only the "regular" bloat but also much of the extras that can be safely removed YET leaving the rom fully functional and d3rp Certified. Yes, the rom really is only 841mb of d3rp! :eek:

See the OP for the very long list of what makes this rom series THE ONE to be on and PLEASE thank @youdug for the time spent continuing this kicka$$ rom series! :D Then.... look down below here for a few additional notes about Bareback.

Rom includes Nova launcher (feel free to use any launcher you would like but Nova and Nova Prime are light weight and have tons of features and functionality) as the default, you can restore LG's Home with the zip below.

We have also include the Lucent Remix Icon pack (can be set in Nova settings) with custom walls and AppGetter application for requesting custom app icons by Team d3rp's lovely @vanessaem who makes all things pretty (Including the OP images). You can follow some of V's pretty things in her thread located here >>>>>> [ICON SETS, UCCWs, and More] Themes by vanessaem.

Also thanks are in order for @thoughtlesskyle for the custom walls you'll see featured on the lockscreen and in the d3rp walls app. We like, so you get to enjoy!

Last but not least, our trusty testing crew, @secret.animal, @That_Guy0505, and @lowpro3210 as they made sure everything was in order for both roms and don't even complain about my incessant requests for clean flashes. Lol

>>>>>>>> SuperG2 Bareback Milestone 1 Download <<<<<<<
    md5: e913b5ef1885318f256b755b0a1042d4
    size: 841mb

>>>>>Restore LGHome.zip Download
    >>>>>Restore LGWeather.zip Download
    >>>>>Restore LGBrowser.zip Download
    >>>>>Restore LGQremote.zip Download
    >>>>>Restore LGUsMMS.zip Download
    things have been slower from us because solver and youdug and me have been dealing with real life time contraining issues, just fyi guys

i think it's almost ready, mrrogers is trying to keep me on track (since i'm the only one of us 3 that's somewhat available)

afaik there's a couple visual bugs only, and i'm trying to figure them out.

once that's done i assume m1 is ready

/out
    Milestone 1 has been....... RELEASED!

Enjoy folks :D