Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Cant update the pc suite

OP neoxkid

7th May 2014, 01:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
153 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
I have d959 and I want to check if there is a 4.4.2 for me. I tried to check but it say to update the pc suite first. when i try to update pc suite it say:
"could not verify update with the update server".
how can i get the latest version of lg pc suite?
edit: used windows restore to get pc suite to work.
Last edited by neoxkid; 7th May 2014 at 02:12 PM.
10th July 2014, 10:23 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 4
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoxkid

edit: used windows restore to get pc suite to work.

What exactly did you do?
10th July 2014, 11:18 PM   |  #3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
I'm guessing you have checked your phones android version already?

Why not just check it on the phone thru settings>general>about phone>update center

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Free mobile app
12th July 2014, 08:30 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 4
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shwnr11

I'm guessing you have checked your phones android version already?

Why not just check it on the phone thru settings>general>about phone>update center

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Free mobile app

This has nothing to do with the problem. When I want to update the PC Suite only from 5.3.16 to 5.3.17 (which was necessary to check for updates) I got the above mentioned error. But I could fix this by uninstalling the PC Suite and reinstalling it via the smartphone menu when connectiong to USB,
13th July 2014, 03:47 AM   |  #5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1smann

This has nothing to do with the problem. When I want to update the PC Suite only from 5.3.16 to 5.3.17 (which was necessary to check for updates) I got the above mentioned error. But I could fix this by uninstalling the PC Suite and reinstalling it via the smartphone menu when connectiong to USB,

The original post says they want to check if there is an update for 4.4.2, so one way to check for 4.4.2 is thru the phone.

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Free mobile app
12th August 2014, 10:21 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
145 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1smann

This has nothing to do with the problem. When I want to update the PC Suite only from 5.3.16 to 5.3.17 (which was necessary to check for updates) I got the above mentioned error. But I could fix this by uninstalling the PC Suite and reinstalling it via the smartphone menu when connectiong to USB,

I'm ALWAYS getting the error when trying to update the PC Suite, have tried in 2 computers, I really don't know how to get it to work. Can you please tell me how you did this?? Thanks!
13th August 2014, 12:58 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 4
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
I was successful when I deinstalled the PC Suite and then connected my phone to the PC and when it gives you the option to install the software from the phone it downloaded the new version from the internet.
13th August 2014, 02:01 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
145 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1smann

I was successful when I deinstalled the PC Suite and then connected my phone to the PC and when it gives you the option to install the software from the phone it downloaded the new version from the internet.

I have the LG G3 and that option is no longer present, the one where you chose in pc connection settings "LG Software" and it installs it from the phone to the PC I can't figure out a way to fix it, I've tried everything.

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoxkid

I have d959 and I want to check if there is a 4.4.2 for me. I tried to check but it say to update the pc suite first. when i try to update pc suite it say:
"could not verify update with the update server".
how can i get the latest version of lg pc suite?
edit: used windows restore to get pc suite to work.

Can you explain please exactly how you did it? I don't have the option to install it from the phone itself, I think this was removed in the G3. I've tried in 3 different laptops and all show the same error.

Edit: finally got it working, it was my antivirus (Bitdefender) that was being an issue. Thanks.

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by Steph09; 13th August 2014 at 07:13 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes