vibrate on call connect without root on 4.4 kitkat

OP raniero1

30th March 2014, 12:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8

106 posts
after i bought moto g i had to give up on a feature i was used to, phone vibrating on call connect, really useful, not having the phone on the ear until the call is really connected and keeping out the high radiation coming in the connection time (known peek time for radiation)

i had to give up on it because i choose to not root this phone, actually ive been able to do all the stuff i was used to with my last rooted phone, but the vibrate on call connect feature

ive discovered a really easy way to do it, as stated on this app page https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...wei.vibrate250

the following instructions are for this vibrate call app but you can use for any other app that have this feature just recovering the app name on the adb shell command, if you for instance want to use the exdialer vibrate plugin just put com.modoohut.dialer.plugin.connectvibrate instead com.robin.huangwei.vibrate250

hope this would be helpful

1. On your phone go to settings->developer options->toggle on USB debugging. If you cannot even find the developer options in settings menu, you should go to settings->about phone->scroll to the last item "build number" and click on it for more than 10 times and then the hidden item of developer options will be shown.
2. Install the driver of your Android phone, and go to http://dl.google.com/android/android....1-windows.zip to download the Android SDK tools, and extract it on your PC
3. Connect your phone with your PC with USB cable, you might see a dialog asking for confirmation to enable debugging this phone with the PC, select YES
4. On your PC, open a terminal command line shell, like cmd or powershell, execute "adb devices" you can see the connected device listed there.
5. If all of above are OK, just execute the command line below:
adb shell "pm grant com.robin.huangwei.vibrate250 android.permission.READ_LOGS"
We all know that cell phone radiation is very strong when ringing, Vibrate Call makes your phone vibrate when an out-going call is answered or hung up, so you don't need to listen to it before the call get answered. Less radiation, more healthy. And you can set how long it vibrates. This application is tiny, saving your resource and battery!
12th August 2014, 08:12 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Thank you. This works! Although i had to jump through some hoops to get adb installed, the app is working now
12th August 2014, 11:33 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8

106 posts
u r welcome, here the 15 sec adb install http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2588979
13th August 2014, 02:01 AM   |  #4  
Flag Stara Zagora
Thanks Meter: 72

300 posts
Donate to Me
More
oh boy, you're trying to get this just to avoid a radio wave exposure??? That peak that you're talking about is lasts only a fraction of a second, until a rtg subscriber status is acquired. Also that spike will never go above the SAR rating of the device.....
Also these waves are not proven to be harmful, the most you may get is slight slight temperature rise of the tissue around your ear, where you hold the phone.

You'll be better of to stay 1hr less near your computer in an year, than trying to avoid something that you ain't even sure, that it's harmful.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread