FORUMS

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Extreme PowerSaving Mode UPDATED FOR NEW OTA

2,941 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,568
 
By runandhide05, Recognized Contributor on 9th April 2014, 01:25 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
26th July 2014, 02:47 PM |#131  
joe12401's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerstown

That is also my problem running art I can't get it to work.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I am having same problem, enabled art before I realized this happens. Is there a way to remove this or switch back to dalvik? My settings app force closes every time.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
 
26th July 2014, 03:18 PM |#132  
Tigerstown's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 2,172
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe12401

I am having same problem, enabled art before I realized this happens. Is there a way to remove this or switch back to dalvik? My settings app force closes every time.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Restore your backup without this in there? Have u tried that

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
26th July 2014, 04:17 PM |#133  
joe12401's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerstown

Restore your backup without this in there? Have u tried that

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I think my backup has the extreme PS mod. Does the backup also restore runtime back to dalvik? I am not sure. What does the mod change to add the extreme PS? Is it just config changes that I can restore to remove the mid? I am not sure, thanks

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
26th July 2014, 05:15 PM |#134  
Tigerstown's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 2,172
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe12401

I think my backup has the extreme PS mod. Does the backup also restore runtime back to dalvik? I am not sure. What does the mod change to add the extreme PS? Is it just config changes that I can restore to remove the mid? I am not sure, thanks

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

If you were not running ART at time of backup then yea it will restore it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Tigerstown For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th July 2014, 06:47 PM |#135  
runandhide05's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,568
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe12401

I think my backup has the extreme PS mod. Does the backup also restore runtime back to dalvik? I am not sure. What does the mod change to add the extreme PS? Is it just config changes that I can restore to remove the mid? I am not sure, thanks

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Instructions to revert ART
1. Boot into recovery.
2. Run adb shell to access terminal.
3. Type 'rm /data/property/persist.sys.dalvik.vm.lib' This will remove setting default VM runtime to ART.
4. Clear Dalvik cache and reboot. Your phone should run normally now.

sent from(:::::
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to runandhide05 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th July 2014, 09:25 PM |#136  
joe12401's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by runandhide05

Instructions to revert ART
1. Boot into recovery.
2. Run adb shell to access terminal.
3. Type 'rm /data/property/persist.sys.dalvik.vm.lib' This will remove setting default VM runtime to ART.
4. Clear Dalvik cache and reboot. Your phone should run normally now.

sent from(:::::

Worked perfect, thank you

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
27th July 2014, 12:21 AM |#137  
runandhide05's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,568
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe12401

Worked perfect, thank you

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Np

sent from(:::::
9th August 2014, 10:31 PM |#138  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Can this be used in the Google Play Edition Rom?
The Following User Says Thank You to TylerG3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th August 2014, 03:33 AM |#139  
MotoTurbo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vale, NC
Thanks Meter: 88
 
More
No
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes