Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,794 Members 45,385 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from Hashcode: Safestrap: Custom Recovery for Locked Devices!

[RECOVERY LOCKED] Safestrap Recovery v3.71 [2014-01-10 Alpha]

Tip us?

poppers162
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by -somebody- View Post
good luck. im beginning to think i have a miracle s3, i also seem to be one of the only ones not having charging issues on the unofficial safestrap for 4.4.2 as well. if only the bootloader was unlocked
Grrrr no luck at all. If I try turning on the mobile Hotspot, it hangs. And if I attempt to turn on my wifi after that, it says it's turning on, but it never does.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app
Droid RAZR M all the way! Unlocked-Rooted-Stock KK

-somebody-
Old
Thanks Meter 654

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppers162 View Post
Grrrr no luck at all. If I try turning on the mobile Hotspot, it hangs. And if I attempt to turn on my wifi after that, it says it's turning on, but it never does.

at this point id say odin back to stock 4.3 ML1, redownload all the files again and verify md5 sums , reroot, safestrap, flash your rom and modules again. i cant think of any reason you should be still having this wifi issue unless somethings corrupted.
HTC Evo Shift 4G (Sprint)
Droid X (Verizon)
Droid 3 (Verizon)
Galaxy S 3 (Verizon)
B&N Nook Color
The Following User Says Thank You to -somebody- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mohammad.afaneh
Old
(Last edited by mohammad.afaneh; 14th July 2014 at 05:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by -somebody- View Post
at this point id say odin back to stock 4.3 ML1, redownload all the files again and verify md5 sums , reroot, safestrap, flash your rom and modules again. i cant think of any reason you should be still having this wifi issue unless somethings corrupted.
Or the modules not getting the right permissions. Will upload flashable module that set permissions from recovery soon.

Edit: @poppers162 modules uploaded both should work. If not will uploud another one.
Out of service untill 30/08/2014

Samsung galaxy captivat stock cm11 powered by NeatKernel.
Samsung galaxy S3 SCH-I535 stock 4.4.2 rooted + safestrap v3.75.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
My work:
[KERNEL][4.1+] NeatKernel v1.09 [Dual recovery] captivate vibrant galaxys
[Stock 2.3.5][KK4] NeatRom Lite v1.0 Captivate[Arabic,Farsi support]

Thanks button doesn't bite
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mohammad.afaneh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

poppers162
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammad.afaneh View Post
Or the modules not getting the right permissions. Will upload flashable module that set permissions from recovery soon.

Edit: @poppers162 modules uploaded both should work. If not will uploud another one.
Thank you so much for those modules. I finally got it to work.

Droid RAZR M all the way! Unlocked-Rooted-Stock KK
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to poppers162 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FingerBlastJ
Old
Thanks Meter 17
i dont know if i should be posting this here, if not please advise where but here goes anyway

im on SS 3.75 with both stock rom and superlite

im having a few issues that are driving me nuts

1. Widgets stop functioning, are not clickable and dont display updated information.

The only resolution i found for this so far is to remove them and re add them to the page.

2. Same thing goes for apps after that have been used.

After leaving an app, could be any, if you try and click it to open it again it is unclickable

3. When those 2 things happen, sometimes the home key, menu key and back button do not operate.

4. When scrolling through pages of the phone, theres a distortion line on the top of the screen, just below the status bar

Any ideas, help?
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 4.4.2

BadUsername
Old
Thanks Meter 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by FingerBlastJ View Post
i dont know if i should be posting this here, if not please advise where but here goes anyway

im on SS 3.75 with both stock rom and superlite

im having a few issues that are driving me nuts

1. Widgets stop functioning, are not clickable and dont display updated information.

The only resolution i found for this so far is to remove them and re add them to the page.

2. Same thing goes for apps after that have been used.

After leaving an app, could be any, if you try and click it to open it again it is unclickable

3. When those 2 things happen, sometimes the home key, menu key and back button do not operate.

4. When scrolling through pages of the phone, theres a distortion line on the top of the screen, just below the status bar

Any ideas, help?
Post in the rom thread, they could be bugs or user error with installation, better to troubleshoot there with people who use the rom.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

ATGkompressor
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Is this recovery themable?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ATGkompressor
Old
Thanks Meter 21
When i try to write internal storage it says that data/datamedia is no such file or directory. I want to wipe internal to c if I can clear up some space and maybe fix battery drain. I tried it with my ROM slot active and stock slot. Failed on both. Any ideas why?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hashcode
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 22,320

DONATE TO ME
As you may have noticed I will be stopping official Safestrap support on 9/1/2014.

I am seeing if I can get some other devs trained up on how to build Safestrap, but as always there are no guarantees.

Thank you for all your encouragement and support over the years.

For more information:
https://plus.google.com/111109372727...ts/AtoJ3xLj35b
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

-somebody-
Old
Thanks Meter 654

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashcode View Post
As you may have noticed I will be stopping official Safestrap support on 9/1/2014.

I am seeing if I can get some other devs trained up on how to build Safestrap, but as always there are no guarantees.

Thank you for all your encouragement and support over the years.

For more information:
https://plus.google.com/111109372727...ts/AtoJ3xLj35b
thanks for what youve done and best wishes in your new ventures grats
HTC Evo Shift 4G (Sprint)
Droid X (Verizon)
Droid 3 (Verizon)
Galaxy S 3 (Verizon)
B&N Nook Color

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to -somebody- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]