Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,692 Members 52,265 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[UPD]Get CM11 based ROM work with F240x variants using this kernel - 100% working!

Tip us?

MitoTakatori
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertnerd View Post
I wanted to try the Vanir Rom for so long and now I can. I have f240k and just flashed using your procedure. I can confirm that it is working well. However, just like you said the NFC does not work. Other than that i believe everything is working. I have a question (I am very new to this). Will the Vanir Rom Addons work with this?

Thank you so much for this post!
I assume they will. Kernel is the only difference in the E980 and F240x as far as I know. And good to know it is working well with you.
Genius.

DEVICE: LG Optimus G Pro F240
ROM: VANIR 4.4.4

OTHER DEVICE:
Nokia X7 - MiG CFW 3.3

dkdkdk07
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I managed to get deepsleep.. i deleted nfc.apk and all nfc related files thru root explorer..then voila! The phone slept! Hope it helps.

qwertnerd
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Froze em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdkdk07 View Post
I managed to get deepsleep.. i deleted nfc.apk and all nfc related files thru root explorer..then voila! The phone slept! Hope it helps.
Thanks for that suggestion. Instead of deleting the NFC files I froze them through titanium backup and yes the result is better. Battery is holding up. I wish there is a cyanogen ROM for the 240k thats completely stable and devs come up with it. Using the Vanir right now 4.4.4 with the f240 kernel. I tried to look into the Vietnamese site lgviet but no success. Can't understand much either

fafalafafa
Old
Thanks Meter 4
do this kernel have voltage tuner?

fafalafafa
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitoTakatori View Post
This is a kernel for F240 K/S/L variants that wants to flash the CM11 nightlies for E98x.

There are no builds specifically for the F240, but with this kernel, you can use the CM11 nightly builds for E98x, for the F240x variant.
whenever I install, it says Status 7.

dkdkdk07
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafalafafa View Post
whenever I install, it says Status 7.
What recovery r u using? Use the one from freegee and follow OP steps.. i flashed sphinxrom first b4 flashing any aosp based rom beforehand btw.

ankitrocks
Old
(Last edited by ankitrocks; 5th August 2014 at 08:00 PM.) Reason: pic upload
Thanks Meter 2
nm
got it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 99.JPG - [Click for QR Code] (73.6 KB, 33 views)

mbar
Old
Thanks Meter 7
The only problem I have with CM11 and GPRO (with this kernel flashed) is the default phone application is totally unresponsive after the call is started. It does not react to any touches -- I can't disconnect, use keypad to sent DTMF, etc.
Anybody can confirm the same?