after some days of intense usage i can say the say the sound bug occured only very rarely. with the govenor set to interactive i didnt experience it once in a few hours of listening to music. battery life is decent, i would say a little less than debloated 4.1.2 which i was using before that.
Originally Posted by finac94
Hey guys, I have a few questions.
1) I just updated my ROM to the latest nightly using in-built OpenDelta updater (this is my first update since I'm using this ROM for 2 days only) and some of my apps like YouTube, Google Maps and Google Keep (and perhaps some others but I haven't noticed) got deleted. Does anyone know why this happened and how to prevent it? And it also enabled the apps which I've disabled previously?!
2) I think the updater downloaded the whole ROM (200+ mb size file on my SD card)...will it do it every time keep filling my memory up or just the first time?
3) Is the update zip/rom which I mentioned earlier also a backup of my system and apps or just a base for updates?
4) Is it better to update using in-built OpenDelta updater or using CyanDelta Updater from the playstore?
5) my calendar icon changed and the option to sync calendar is not present anymore under google sync options?!
you do have a lot of questions. as mentioned to you before we recommend checking for the changelogs and not updating to every new nightly. major changes may happen only every 2 weeks, especially for our device. on the other hand, nightly are not at all required to be stable, they may not even boot if something goes really wrong. thus i wouldnt use any "updater app", read the changelogs regularly and, if new features or bugs are fixed, update manually by CWM. This also answers your 1) question. We cant tell you why some apps were deleted, but it will always enable and/or reinstall the standard system apps you disabled before. 2) it will always download a 200mb zip. 3) im not sure what you mean but the zip you download is never a backup of your data. backups are made through CWM or TWRP. please google and read by yourself. it is recommended to know what your doing at least with CWM or TWRP when you start using custom roms. 4) i told you in the first part. 5) lol
SIMPLE IS PERFECT
BUILDING A FULLY DEBLOATED STOCK ROM FOR XPERIA V