Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,490 Members 50,572 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Canadian/Claro PR D801/803] Development

Tip us?

crzygrmn
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Prodigy View Post
By off chance, does anyone know if Claro D801 supports the fm radio?
From what I am reading is the Canadian D803 all except for Wind does support the fm radio and we flash the Claro D801 with the D803 kernel, I am hoping it does but I am really not sure.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is no fm radio for any Canadian g2. I know it has the chip, but one pin or so is disconnected. I tried any fm radio app out there but no way in hell.

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to crzygrmn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mathsz
Old
(Last edited by mathsz; 11th August 2014 at 01:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 373

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel7501@live.com View Post
Check your APN settings and make sure you have the correct LTE apn enabled. Also, check if Rotation is working and install the corresponding Baseband. Cm11 is still not based on 4.4 sources if Im correct

We dont have radio apparently. Tested with CloudyG3, OptimusG3, and every other app on aosp and Nada.
Sim card not recognized. Don't care. Got tired, built it. Link incoming

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Here you go. Dr87 sources, Houston kernel. 4.4.2 all the way. D803 http://d-h.st/UJr

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

It's m9

thanks @Paulicat
Samsung galaxy ace --> htc desire hd --> htc one v --> galaxy nexus gsm --> lg optimus g
Quad-core goodness is so sweet. Gimme speed please.

Dene_Bluesman
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathsz View Post
Sim card not recognized. Don't care. Got tired, built it. Link incoming

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Here you go. Dr87 sources, Houston kernel. 4.4.2 all the way. D803 http://d-h.st/UJr

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

It's m9
hey bud, wanna try it out but gonna take days to download from there.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Dene_Bluesman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mathsz
Old
(Last edited by mathsz; 11th August 2014 at 01:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 373

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dene_Bluesman View Post
hey bud, wanna try it out but gonna take days to download from there.

haha, dev host does suck in speed.
but it's free.

I think I prefer the dr87 kernel with hotplug.
Samsung galaxy ace --> htc desire hd --> htc one v --> galaxy nexus gsm --> lg optimus g
Quad-core goodness is so sweet. Gimme speed please.

Omegadrive
Old
Thanks Meter 49

DONATE TO ME
Ok, this is confusing, I'm new to the LG G2 but I have a long history of flashing roms with my RAZR XT910 which currently has Carbon KK 4.4.4.
I bought this phone last week, D801 from Claro PR, has JB 4.2.2, I already rooted and installed recovery, did a full rom backup just in case, now the problem is, don't know what to do from there to get an AOSP KK rom installed into this phone since I read a lot of conflicts about this phone being really a modified D803 and stupid carrier haven't released an official KK OTA.
Can anyone explain this issue and if there a solution? Thanks.
Oh, btw, another question, if I update to KK, can I roll back to stock 4.2.2 in case of warranty?
Motorola Droid Razr XT910

Dene_Bluesman
Old
(Last edited by Dene_Bluesman; 11th August 2014 at 06:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegadrive View Post
Ok, this is confusing, I'm new to the LG G2 but I have a long history of flashing roms with my RAZR XT910 which currently has Carbon KK 4.4.4.
I bought this phone last week, D801 from Claro PR, has JB 4.2.2, I already rooted and installed recovery, did a full rom backup just in case, now the problem is, don't know what to do from there to get an AOSP KK rom installed into this phone since I read a lot of conflicts about this phone being really a modified D803 and stupid carrier haven't released an official KK OTA.
Oh, btw, another question, if I update to KK, can I roll back to stock 4.2.2 in case of warranty?
Ok so far so good, yes all D803 roms will work on your claro, head on over to the paranoid android thread and search for the rpm and tz partitions which can be flashed in recovery as it is needed to run kitkat roms or aosp roms based on kitkat sources, next you will need a patched baseband(modem) from cloudyfa for the D803 otherwise you will lose rotation and sensors, unfortunately the stock claro kdz is hard to find these days. hope this helps. send me a pm if you need more help. would have provided links but i am on a flight about to depart. cheers

edit: try this to return to stock http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downlo...D80110A_00.kdz

The Following User Says Thank You to Dene_Bluesman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BillyD325
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegadrive View Post
In addition to dene_bluesman's help, if you want AOSP KK then try Mahdi, which has "patches" for each variant (including the d803). As dene said, flash the rpm and tz (link around page 45 of this thread), KK baseband (I believe there is a link in this thread, but you can search the G2 forums and find it easily), Mahdi ROM, correct patch (which includes the kernel), then GAPPS if you like. I bought my phone thinking it was a T-Mobile variant. After much delay and trepidation I got it updated to Mahdi (which is a 4.4.4 ROM) and haven't looked back. Search for my posts in this thread. I listed my process in one of them and it worked like a charm.

Basically, anything that will work on a Rogers d803 will work on your phone. They are identical except for branding.
Current devices:
LG G2 d803 ("born" a d801 Claro): Mahdi ROM / TWRP
Nexus 7 3G "Tilapia": Omni ROM / TWRP

XDA Apps I use:

Tags
bell, claro pr, d801, d803, lg g2