Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How to unlock?

OP Bronando

9th June 2014, 08:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

45 posts
I want to use a tmobile SIM on the captivate but it asks me for a code. How do I get one? I searched up guides on how to unlock it but all of them seem outdated. I upgraded from 2.2 to 2.3.5 to CM11 4.4.2 latest snapshot and rooted. I've tried the sgs unlock tool on the play store but doesn't work. Help would be appreciated, thanks.
Last edited by Bronando; 9th June 2014 at 08:30 PM.
9th June 2014, 10:40 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Outaouais
Thanks Meter: 1,706

3,891 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronando

I want to use a tmobile SIM on the captivate but it asks me for a code. How do I get one? I searched up guides on how to unlock it but all of them seem outdated. I upgraded from 2.2 to 2.3.5 to CM11 4.4.2 latest snapshot and rooted. I've tried the sgs unlock tool on the play store but doesn't work. Help would be appreciated, thanks.

Did you see this? http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-without-code/
13th August 2014, 07:37 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 5

46 posts
I have almost the exact same question, except I mistakenly sold my phone before doing the unlocking. Now the guy I sold it to needs to get it working on a nonAT&T network. He has a sim card.

Can anyone confirm a way to get CM11 (nightly in late July) unlocked? I don't have to revert him to stock 2.1 to unlock do I? From what I read, I don't want this guy to keep trying, as it may become unlockable after a five or so different attempts. Is this still true?

Obviously, I'd prefer free. This guy is seriously unhelpful with providing his comfort level or understanding of root/brick/unlock, etc.

e-unlocker.com is one site I found. Is this legit?
13th August 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Outaouais

3,891 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangezero

I have almost the exact same question, except I mistakenly sold my phone before doing the unlocking. Now the guy I sold it to needs to get it working on a nonAT&T network. He has a sim card.

Can anyone confirm a way to get CM11 (nightly in late July) unlocked? I don't have to revert him to stock 2.1 to unlock do I? From what I read, I don't want this guy to keep trying, as it may become unlockable after a five or so different attempts. Is this still true?

Obviously, I'd prefer free. This guy is seriously unhelpful with providing his comfort level or understanding of root/brick/unlock, etc.

e-unlocker.com is one site I found. Is this legit?

There's a few way, gotta look around the forum to find it.

You'll have to be on stock firmware though, Froyo I believe (2.2) but GB (2.3) might work. The guide should mention it.
13th August 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 5

46 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWolf56

There's a few way, gotta look around the forum to find it.

You'll have to be on stock firmware though, Froyo I believe (2.2) but GB (2.3) might work. The guide should mention it.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm not sure if he's capable of reverting to stock 2.2...

Is requesting an unlock code from AT&T a no go? I talked with a rep and she seemed to think it was do-able. I'm still current and paid up with Att so that isn't a problem. I need the IMEI, but no need to waste time on that if it doesnt' work.

I currently use another phone with ATT.

thanks
13th August 2014, 09:14 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Outaouais

3,891 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangezero

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm not sure if he's capable of reverting to stock 2.2...

Is requesting an unlock code from AT&T a no go? I talked with a rep and she seemed to think it was do-able. I'm still current and paid up with Att so that isn't a problem. I need the IMEI, but no need to waste time on that if it doesnt' work.

I currently use another phone with ATT.

thanks

It should work with the unlock code. I haven't unlocked a Cappy in a very long time so I'm not sure if it needs the stock dialer. That being said, if he gets the pop-up box to enter the code, it should work.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread