T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Connect to two Bluetooth headsets simultaneously?

OP v1nsai

18th May 2014, 04:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

101 posts
I want to buy two in ear Bluetooth headsets to use as wireless headphones to listen to music with. I've been researching if it's possible to sync two headsets to one phone, and from what I've seen, whether or not this is possible is largely hardware dependent. I was wondering if any of you have done this with the i747 and can confirm it works before I buy anything

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about multipoint, which allows one Bluetooth headset to sync with two phones.
21st May 2014, 02:43 AM   |  #2  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 131

254 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1nsai

I want to buy two in ear Bluetooth headsets to use as wireless headphones to listen to music with. I've been researching if it's possible to sync two headsets to one phone, and from what I've seen, whether or not this is possible is largely hardware dependent. I was wondering if any of you have done this with the i747 and can confirm it works before I buy anything

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about multipoint, which allows one Bluetooth headset to sync with two phones.

should do. i can connect to car stereo and a jbl flip at the same time.
24th May 2014, 02:44 AM   |  #3  
I personally did this but with two different brand units. They never seemed "in sync" with each other. I suppose using the same models may have solved that issue but wasn't able to try. Instead a purchased a pair of Motorola Bluetooth ear buds and love them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
24th May 2014, 04:11 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

101 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Murray

I personally did this but with two different brand units. They never seemed "in sync" with each other. I suppose using the same models may have solved that issue but wasn't able to try. Instead a purchased a pair of Motorola Bluetooth ear buds and love them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

That's good to know, I just bought two of the same model, so hopefully it'll just work. I'll report back results
29th May 2014, 11:55 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

101 posts
So they just came in and my phone will only sync one at a time. Gonna keep doing research but I'll post findings here since a lot if this seems to be hardware specific
The Following User Says Thank You to v1nsai For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th August 2014, 08:39 PM   |  #6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1nsai

So they just came in and my phone will only sync one at a time. Gonna keep doing research but I'll post findings here since a lot if this seems to be hardware specific

I just tried this also, with two identical DB power Mini Bluetooth earpieces. Only one will pair at a time, so it doesn't work with these either, just so anyone interested in these knows ahead of time. You can set one up for phone audio, and one for media audio though, at the same time.
Last edited by Ed Murray; 13th August 2014 at 08:42 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread