Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,208 Members 38,502 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Kernal help

Tip us?

Tyler.Boston1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default [Q] Kernal help

Hi i need to find a kernal with usb debugging and adb setting in developer settings automatically ticked because my phone screen is completely broken and im using a program that requires the two settings to be on. Please help if you can thank you!

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 641
I don't think a kernel can enable those, only the user can.. You can probably flash a ROM that has them enabled or a script

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

brokenchains
Old
Thanks Meter 116

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22 View Post
I don't think a kernel can enable those, only the user can.. You can probably flash a ROM that has them enabled or a script

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
I also broke my screen and was looking for this exact thing. It's Android Control and I need adb enabled. I tried various ways I found while searching to try to enable adb through TWRP and an adb shell on my PC, but it wouldn't work ( kept getting a "~ # ?[6n" prompt and "not found" when entering "su" ).

Then I found this kernel kitchen. In that thread the dev says you can make the ramdisk insecure and make adb mode persistent. Anybody able to help me out?
Old sig, should really get to working on a new one. Eventually.

ShinySide
Old
(Last edited by ShinySide; 13th August 2014 at 10:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1669
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenchains View Post
I also broke my screen and was looking for this exact thing. It's Android Control and I need adb enabled. I tried various ways I found while searching to try to enable adb through TWRP and an adb shell on my PC, but it wouldn't work ( kept getting a "~ # ?[6n" prompt and "not found" when entering "su" ).

Then I found this kernel kitchen. In that thread the dev says you can make the ramdisk insecure and make adb mode persistent. Anybody able to help me out?
What version? Mdl mk2 or nb4? Probably already insecure boot.img unless you're running stock tho

Debugging in dev options would be a different story tho. I might be able to figure out how to enable it thru command line tho

And now that I think about it, I don't even know what would work since you're dual booting.
Donations Accepted here

Don't change your wants or where you want to be just because the other has.

brokenchains
Old
Thanks Meter 116

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySide View Post
What version? Mdl mk2 or nb4? Probably already insecure boot.img unless you're running stock tho

Debugging in dev options would be a different story tho. I might be able to figure out how to enable it thru command line tho

And now that I think about it, I don't even know what would work since you're dual booting.
I figured out how to get adb shell working, but I had to switch TWRP out for CWM non-touch. That let me use adb correctly through recovery and I found a way to enable adb in the ROM that way by pulling settings.db and editing the "adb_enabled" setting there. Now I'm just caught because I can't see the screen to authorize my PC to use adb... I tried to manually put the adb key from my PC's file into the adb_keys file on the phone but that didn't work and I'm pretty sure I did it right. That process is described here for anyone curious.
Old sig, should really get to working on a new one. Eventually.