5,815,179 Members 38,468 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help! After using Cyanogenmod Installer it's asking for SIM Network unlock code

Tip us?

scope213
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Help! After using Cyanogenmod Installer it's asking for SIM Network unlock code

In an attempt to use my locked AT&T HTC One phone on my T-mobile service I used the Cyanogenmod Installer to root my HTC one and hope to use it on the T-mobile network; I also unlocked the bootloader via HTC website. The newest Cyanogenmod is installed (11-20140417-NIGHTLY-m7) and wifi is working, etc. Unfortunately, no phone calls since it keeps asking for SIM Network unlock code (I bought an unlock code...not working). Any suggestions? What should I do? I did some research and I read something about using an RUU...is this a good solution? Thank you all!

Status of phone on bootloader screen is:

S-ON "TAMPERED"

gffmac
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by scope213 View Post
In an attempt to use my locked AT&T HTC One phone on my T-mobile service I used the Cyanogenmod Installer to root my HTC one and hope to use it on the T-mobile network; I also unlocked the bootloader via HTC website. The newest Cyanogenmod is installed (11-20140417-NIGHTLY-m7) and wifi is working, etc. Unfortunately, no phone calls since it keeps asking for SIM Network unlock code (I bought an unlock code...not working). Any suggestions? What should I do? I did some research and I read something about using an RUU...is this a good solution? Thank you all!

Status of phone on bootloader screen is:

S-ON "TAMPERED"
You might find some help here regarding sim unlocking your device http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...314824&page=60
Say: T H A N K S !

Motorola Xoom Wifi
HTC Desire HD
HTC ONE X
HTC ONE M7
LG GPAD 8.3
Currently using which ever ROM rocks the Most!!

scope213
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gffmac View Post
You might find some help here regarding sim unlocking your device http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...314824&page=60
No luck the phone they're referring to is the HTC Amaze it seems.

Does successfully installing Cyanogenmod "unlock" the network as well??

cschmitt
Old
Thanks Meter 1,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by scope213 View Post
Does successfully installing Cyanogenmod "unlock" the network as well??
No, bootloader unlock and sim unlock are different things. You'll need to be on the stock rom to input your sim unlock code.

scope213
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cschmitt View Post
No, bootloader unlock and sim unlock are different things. You'll need to be on the stock rom to input your sim unlock code.
And that's what worked. Thanks!

sergiogv
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello,

I (still) have the same problem here. I have a DHD that was locked and branded. I followed HTCDev's procedure to unlock the bootloader and installed a Cyanogenmod ROM (unofficial 10.1) two weeks ago that works great. I've been trying to get my phone unlocked for days with no luck ever since.

I've tried using the HTC unlock tool v. 0.9.5/4 and rooting the phone too. Nothing. Drivers are working fine; program executes as expected, but I still have a locked phone after it finishes. I got an unlock code that I enter after booting and I get a "successful network unlock" message, but the radio seems to remain off. I cannot place calls. Attempting to choose a network operator manually from the settings menu fails; I get a "mobile network unavailable" message when doing so (service providers list does not even appear). I've read threads saying that the only way to get around this is by reverting the phone to its original ROM and HBoot, but I've read elsewhere that workarounds on branded phones shipped with Gingerbread or Froyo (like mine used to run) fail and/or screw up the phone, so I have not tried that. Any ideas or pointers?

Thanks!