Bring Back LTE on the Google Nexus 4 Running Lollipop

One of the predecessors of the latest, largest, and greatest Gooogle Nexus 6(theGoogle … more

Google Maps, My Maps, YouTube, Androidify, Slides, Music Updated–Here’s What’s New

In the last few weeks, Google has been … more

SuperSU BETA: Root Android Lollipop on Stock Kernel

Up until now, if you wanted to get root on Android 5.0, you needed to flash a modified … more

Android App Review: Get Amaze with Material Design – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. Android 5.0 … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Help! After using Cyanogenmod Installer it's asking for SIM Network unlock code

OP scope213

17th April 2014, 10:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 2

9 posts
In an attempt to use my locked AT&T HTC One phone on my T-mobile service I used the Cyanogenmod Installer to root my HTC one and hope to use it on the T-mobile network; I also unlocked the bootloader via HTC website. The newest Cyanogenmod is installed (11-20140417-NIGHTLY-m7) and wifi is working, etc. Unfortunately, no phone calls since it keeps asking for SIM Network unlock code (I bought an unlock code...not working). Any suggestions? What should I do? I did some research and I read something about using an RUU...is this a good solution? Thank you all!

Status of phone on bootloader screen is:

S-ON "TAMPERED"
17th April 2014, 10:43 AM   |  #2  
Flag Newcastle upon Tyne
Thanks Meter: 123

495 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scope213

In an attempt to use my locked AT&T HTC One phone on my T-mobile service I used the Cyanogenmod Installer to root my HTC one and hope to use it on the T-mobile network; I also unlocked the bootloader via HTC website. The newest Cyanogenmod is installed (11-20140417-NIGHTLY-m7) and wifi is working, etc. Unfortunately, no phone calls since it keeps asking for SIM Network unlock code (I bought an unlock code...not working). Any suggestions? What should I do? I did some research and I read something about using an RUU...is this a good solution? Thank you all!

Status of phone on bootloader screen is:

S-ON "TAMPERED"

You might find some help here regarding sim unlocking your device http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...314824&page=60
17th April 2014, 12:07 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Los Angeles

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gffmac

You might find some help here regarding sim unlocking your device http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...314824&page=60

No luck the phone they're referring to is the HTC Amaze it seems.

Does successfully installing Cyanogenmod "unlock" the network as well??
17th April 2014, 01:21 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1,823

1,581 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scope213

Does successfully installing Cyanogenmod "unlock" the network as well??

No, bootloader unlock and sim unlock are different things. You'll need to be on the stock rom to input your sim unlock code.
17th April 2014, 01:40 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Los Angeles

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cschmitt

No, bootloader unlock and sim unlock are different things. You'll need to be on the stock rom to input your sim unlock code.

And that's what worked. Thanks!
14th August 2014, 04:16 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hello,

I (still) have the same problem here. I have a DHD that was locked and branded. I followed HTCDev's procedure to unlock the bootloader and installed a Cyanogenmod ROM (unofficial 10.1) two weeks ago that works great. I've been trying to get my phone unlocked for days with no luck ever since.

I've tried using the HTC unlock tool v. 0.9.5/4 and rooting the phone too. Nothing. Drivers are working fine; program executes as expected, but I still have a locked phone after it finishes. I got an unlock code that I enter after booting and I get a "successful network unlock" message, but the radio seems to remain off. I cannot place calls. Attempting to choose a network operator manually from the settings menu fails; I get a "mobile network unavailable" message when doing so (service providers list does not even appear). I've read threads saying that the only way to get around this is by reverting the phone to its original ROM and HBoot, but I've read elsewhere that workarounds on branded phones shipped with Gingerbread or Froyo (like mine used to run) fail and/or screw up the phone, so I have not tried that. Any ideas or pointers?

Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread