Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,758 Members 38,506 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bricked VS980, Lost IMEI and Modem, On it for 3 days, Will anyone HELP?

Tip us?

ShawnWiosna
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones73 View Post
So doing this doesn't work? Or do you not want to return it to out of the box stock?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2448960
i flashed [ROM] XDABBEB's VS98024A v1.1.1 and his baseband,
tried reverting to stock many times using tot, randomly boots
im now back on his om stable and rooted,have recovery trying to enabler diag mode to restore imei, esn

staticx57
Old
Thanks Meter 35

DONATE TO ME
If you didn't backup your EFS your best bet is to just warranty the phone with verizon
LG G2 VS980
TWRP
XDABBEB G2

UrbanBounca
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by staticx57 View Post
If you didn't backup your EFS your best bet is to just warranty the phone with verizon
The OP stated they're having difficulty going back to stock. That said, if they can get back to stock, I would take it back to VZW, too.

njstein
Old
Thanks Meter 471
I've never had to take a phone back (knock on wood) but they'd be able to see that he rooted and what not. So kind of a general question, would it be best to delete some system file so the phone wouldn't boot at all? That way he could say it won't turn on and they (in theory) can't see the root?

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

SimsDelt
Old
Thanks Meter 28
OP would need to TOT back and then return it. If he TOTs it will wipe it completely and reset the "Rooted" check in Recovery. OP... with no EFS backup you have a wifi only tablet now. There is no way to save your phone at all. TOT back to stock and take it in for warranty.

xemnas18
Old
Thanks Meter 32
The other option is to send it to LG instead of verizon. Another user awhile back wiped his efs without a backup and he couldn't get to stock, so he sent it to LG and they replaced it. It's a better option than Verizon, unless you can get to stock unrooted.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Free mobile app

prateeksahoo
Old
Thanks Meter 4
isnt the VS980 supposed to be unlocked for GSM use ?

I am in India at the moment...i have 3 Verizon G2 phones...SIM cards work fine on 2 of them...On the third one...it does not detect the mobile network...sim is detected ,coz it gives no alert...and when i search for networks...the networks are shown...it just doesnt connect to the network...the sim cards work fine in other phones...in the other G2 phones and in a HTC DROID DNA...so its not the sim at fault....

Have tried multiple SIM cards from Vodafone/Loop Mobile/Airtel...none of them work on this particular phone..

When i search for networks...im getting networks...but cant connect to them...most times it shows error while searching for network...

What can be the problem ?

Fuse8499
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by njstein View Post
I've never had to take a phone back (knock on wood) but they'd be able to see that he rooted and what not. So kind of a general question, would it be best to delete some system file so the phone wouldn't boot at all? That way he could say it won't turn on and they (in theory) can't see the root?

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I actually did this about 6 months ago. Called LG and they told me that if they find any indication that I modified the phone in any way, I would be charged $300. So I screwed the phone up so bad that it wouldn't get past a black screen that said "null". Never got charged
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuse8499 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

njstein
Old
Thanks Meter 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuse8499 View Post
I actually did this about 6 months ago. Called LG and they told me that if they find any indication that I modified the phone in any way, I would be charged $300. So I screwed the phone up so bad that it wouldn't get past a black screen that said "null". Never got charged
Ha! Nice. Good to know as well!

neerajverma04
Old
(Last edited by neerajverma04; 14th August 2014 at 04:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Default try this link... this one to restore imei and some ppl mention it work for g2 as well

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1942417

http://www.droidviews.com/how-to-bac...imei-on-lg-g2/

it will surely help you out with imei issue...let me know if something gets wrong

Tags
bootloop, bricked, imei, modem, vs980