FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

Replace phone and calendar app

25 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By khumash, Junior Member on 8th May 2014, 07:40 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I rooted the phone and using
RomAur v2.0 XZ2 AROMA ROM. So the phone and calendar are same as the stock rom. I don't like the phone app as it doesn't have frequently contacts and it is not full text search. You have to match from the beginning of the contact name.

I have titanium backup the contact and calendar from old phone (samsung galaxy s2) and was trying to restore it on Z2. But TB shows warning that it's trying to restore system app from a different rom, which might not work. How should I do?

If I want to try restore those, how should I backup the current phone, calendar without overwrite the backup file (phone, calendar) from galaxy s2.

Or is there any recommended phone/calendar app on play store?

PS: I like the samsung contact search feature as it's not only full text search but also index the chinese character in english spelling. So I can type english to search chinese names!

Sent from my D6503

8th May 2014, 08:04 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khumash

I rooted the phone and using
RomAur v2.0 XZ2 AROMA ROM. So the phone and calendar are same as the stock rom. I don't like the phone app as it doesn't have frequently contacts and it is not full text search. You have to match from the beginning of the contact name.

I have titanium backup the contact and calendar from old phone (samsung galaxy s2) and was trying to restore it on Z2. But TB shows warning that it's trying to restore system app from a different rom, which might not work. How should I do?

If I want to try restore those, how should I backup the current phone, calendar without overwrite the backup file (phone, calendar) from galaxy s2.

Or is there any recommended phone/calendar app on play store?

PS: I like the samsung contact search feature as it's not only full text search but also index the chinese character in english spelling. So I can type english to search chinese names!

Sent from my D6503

I don't think it's possible. Samsung apps only work on TouchWiz.
8th May 2014, 08:09 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
You could try the official Google dialer. Let us know if you do and it works well!

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/12...roms-download/
12th August 2014, 05:31 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 101

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonkeYJ

You could try the official Google dialer. Let us know if you do and it works well!

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/12...roms-download/

I tried that and it force closes when trying to view the call log.

Any ideas?

I really hate the sony dialer and how it butchers google voice integration.
12th August 2014, 05:51 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I ended up using Contact+/Message+/Dialer+. It's really well designed. Try it!
14th August 2014, 04:47 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I've used a couple of versions of Google dialer and the CM11 dialer on stock based ROMs on my Z2.

Sent from my D6503 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread