Unofficial CM12 for Android One, Disabling Encryption on Nexus 6 – XDA TV

Android One devices have received an Unofficial CyanogenMod … more

Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Replace phone and calendar app

OP khumash

8th May 2014, 08:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

23 posts
I rooted the phone and using
RomAur v2.0 XZ2 AROMA ROM. So the phone and calendar are same as the stock rom. I don't like the phone app as it doesn't have frequently contacts and it is not full text search. You have to match from the beginning of the contact name.

I have titanium backup the contact and calendar from old phone (samsung galaxy s2) and was trying to restore it on Z2. But TB shows warning that it's trying to restore system app from a different rom, which might not work. How should I do?

If I want to try restore those, how should I backup the current phone, calendar without overwrite the backup file (phone, calendar) from galaxy s2.

Or is there any recommended phone/calendar app on play store?

PS: I like the samsung contact search feature as it's not only full text search but also index the chinese character in english spelling. So I can type english to search chinese names!

Sent from my D6503
8th May 2014, 09:04 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 12

44 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by khumash

I rooted the phone and using
RomAur v2.0 XZ2 AROMA ROM. So the phone and calendar are same as the stock rom. I don't like the phone app as it doesn't have frequently contacts and it is not full text search. You have to match from the beginning of the contact name.

I have titanium backup the contact and calendar from old phone (samsung galaxy s2) and was trying to restore it on Z2. But TB shows warning that it's trying to restore system app from a different rom, which might not work. How should I do?

If I want to try restore those, how should I backup the current phone, calendar without overwrite the backup file (phone, calendar) from galaxy s2.

Or is there any recommended phone/calendar app on play store?

PS: I like the samsung contact search feature as it's not only full text search but also index the chinese character in english spelling. So I can type english to search chinese names!

Sent from my D6503

I don't think it's possible. Samsung apps only work on TouchWiz.
8th May 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 26

116 posts
You could try the official Google dialer. Let us know if you do and it works well!

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/12...roms-download/
12th August 2014, 06:31 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 93

1,319 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonkeYJ

You could try the official Google dialer. Let us know if you do and it works well!

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/12...roms-download/

I tried that and it force closes when trying to view the call log.

Any ideas?

I really hate the sony dialer and how it butchers google voice integration.
12th August 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

23 posts
I ended up using Contact+/Message+/Dialer+. It's really well designed. Try it!
14th August 2014, 05:47 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 12

134 posts
I've used a couple of versions of Google dialer and the CM11 dialer on stock based ROMs on my Z2.

Sent from my D6503 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread