Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Which Tab Do You Like
Icon 4 57.14%
Text 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

[GUIDE]How to add Tab in Settings.apk with Icon(Working)

OP shadman0

9th July 2014, 08:47 AM   |  #81  
Flag Linyi
Thanks Meter: 13

114 posts

Sent from my IM-A690S using Tapatalk 2
12th July 2014, 02:56 PM   |  #82  
Flag Purwakarta, West Java
Thanks Meter: 68

164 posts
More
is there any idea to move display settings, sound settings etc into the second layout?
I've been try to move the line into the second layout and when i flash it's give force close
12th July 2014, 05:47 PM   |  #83  
Flag Malang
Thanks Meter: 84

433 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by giew13

is there any idea to move display settings, sound settings etc into the second layout?
I've been try to move the line into the second layout and when i flash it's give force close

Get the code from Settings.xml
Like this
Code:
<com.android.settings.IconPreferenceScreen android:title="@string/sound_settings_title" settings:icon="@drawable/ic_settings_sound">
        <intent android:targetPackage="com.android.settings" android:action="android.intent.action.MAIN" android:targetClass="com.android.settings.SoundSettings" />
    </com.android.settings.IconPreferenceScreen>
    <com.android.settings.IconPreferenceScreen android:title="@string/display_settings_title" settings:icon="@drawable/ic_settings_display">
        <intent android:targetPackage="com.android.settings" android:action="android.intent.action.MAIN" android:targetClass="com.android.settings.DisplaySettings" />
After you found what you want to move, just move that code to layout that you want. In this case, place in advanced_settings.xml and Compile it
14th July 2014, 02:10 PM   |  #84  
Flag Purwakarta, West Java
Thanks Meter: 68

164 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSculerlor

Get the code from Settings.xml
Like this

Code:
<com.android.settings.IconPreferenceScreen android:title="@string/sound_settings_title" settings:icon="@drawable/ic_settings_sound">
        <intent android:targetPackage="com.android.settings" android:action="android.intent.action.MAIN" android:targetClass="com.android.settings.SoundSettings" />
    <com.android.settings.IconPreferenceScreen android:title="@string/display_settings_title" settings:icon="@drawable/ic_settings_display">
        <intent android:targetPackage="com.android.settings" android:action="android.intent.action.MAIN" android:targetClass="com.android.settings.DisplaySettings" />
After you found what you want to move, just move that code to layout that you want. In this case, place in advanced_settings.xml and Compile it

i've been try it but it give a force close
i think i should modify the settings.smali first but i dont know how
any solutions?
14th August 2014, 08:08 AM   |  #85  
Flag Linyi
Thanks Meter: 13

114 posts
work on 4.3?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
guide, mod, tutorial
Previous Thread Next Thread