MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more
Post Reply

[Q] Xiaomi mi3 bricked

23rd June 2014, 12:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
I'm Italian and I wrote this post with google translate.
my phone will not turn over. the display will not turn on. when I connect the phone to the PC, the red LED turns on for about 3 seconds and then turns off. the phone is recognized by miflash. What can I do?
Last edited by sabbo28; 23rd June 2014 at 12:27 PM.
12th August 2014, 09:30 PM   |  #2  
shhbz's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Searching...
Thanks Meter: 1,043
 
2,854 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbo28

I'm Italian and I wrote this post with google translate.
my phone will not turn over. the display will not turn on. when I connect the phone to the PC, the red LED turns on for about 3 seconds and then turns off. the phone is recognized by miflash. What can I do?

have u tried keeping the phone on charge for few hours and then turn back on
12th August 2014, 09:45 PM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Try Flash Firmware on Fast Boot with Miflash
Hey ,

Have u tried flashing stock rom with Miflash ?
13th August 2014, 02:07 PM   |  #4  
Shahan_mik3's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 537
 
1,370 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Trying to help :)
Yes dealing with mi3 is kinda diff and bit tuff without sd card.

i had soft bricked the 2 days old phone with cwm recovery and bootloops.
sadly was not able to flash via cwm recovery due to status 7 error.

SO Best method is Hold vol down+power and enter into FAST BOOT mode.

and then download a fastboot rom and flash it through miflash and voila it must work "
14th August 2014, 12:24 PM   |  #5  
poran123's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Shillong
Thanks Meter: 57
 
664 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahan_mik3

Yes dealing with mi3 is kinda diff and bit tuff without sd card.

i had soft bricked the 2 days old phone with cwm recovery and bootloops.
sadly was not able to flash via cwm recovery due to status 7 error.

SO Best method is Hold vol down+power and enter into FAST BOOT mode.

and then download a fastboot rom and flash it through miflash and voila it must work "

bro which fastboot rom you have flash... there are so many version i'm confused which to download...
my phone is india version.
14th August 2014, 12:29 PM   |  #6  
Shahan_mik3's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 537
 
1,370 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poran123

bro which fastboot rom you have flash... there are so many version i'm confused which to download...
my phone is india version.

You can download the latest developer version or the stable version.

Developer version

bigota.d.miui.com/4.8.8/cancro_images_4.8.8_4.4_cn_73ccb4f742.tgz

Stable version

bigota.d.miui.com/KXDCNBF23.0/cancro_images_KXDCNBF23.0_4.4_cn_91b31b38e5.tgz.

also I hope you know how to flash in fastboot right?
The Following User Says Thank You to Shahan_mik3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th August 2014, 12:43 PM   |  #7  
poran123's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Shillong
Thanks Meter: 57
 
664 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahan_mik3

You can download the latest developer version or the stable version.

Developer version

bigota.d.miui.com/4.8.8/cancro_images_4.8.8_4.4_cn_73ccb4f742.tgz

Stable version

bigota.d.miui.com/KXDCNBF23.0/cancro_images_KXDCNBF23.0_4.4_cn_91b31b38e5.tgz.

also I hope you know how to flash in fastboot right?

but i think its a chinese version, are you using it right now? Is it having in english and have google apps?
And ya i know how to flash fastboot files... For me its safer to have fastboot files.
14th August 2014, 12:46 PM   |  #8  
Shahan_mik3's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 537
 
1,370 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poran123

but i think its a chinese version, are you using it right now? Is it having in english and have google apps?
And ya i know how to flash fastboot files... For me its safer to have fastboot files.

No it is global version not chinese. Yes as you mentioned u have indian version hence it is Mi3w (Canro). So you should have no problem.

F.Y. I developer version you will need to download google apps installer separately from Mi store.

Stable it should have the google apps.
14th August 2014, 12:49 PM   |  #9  
poran123's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Shillong
Thanks Meter: 57
 
664 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahan_mik3

No it is global version not chinese. Yes as you mentioned u have indian version hence it is Mi3w (Canro). So you should have no problem.

F.Y. I developer version you will need to download google apps installer separately from Mi store.

Stable it should have the google apps.

ok thanks..
14th August 2014, 01:01 PM   |  #10  
Shahan_mik3's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 537
 
1,370 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poran123

ok thanks..

Your welcome....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Mi 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank