Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 44,028 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q&A] [Discussion][Update]]X-NOTE build18.0 NF4-N9005

Tip us?

dave7802
Old
Thanks Meter 201

DONATE TO ME
Original:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2301&page=1233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
Thread closed and links removed as the OP is trying to push all his donation-only themes and paid for applications, which is in violation of the terms set out in this portal post and also counts as soliciting donations and commercial advertisement.
What do you mean Jonny? pushing all his donations and paid apps?
The ROM comes with Xnote application pre installed (Shortcut to all the mods and tweaks)
He offers the ability for users to uninstal the pre-installed version and download a paid version of the store.

That PAID version is no different from the pre-installed version.
Its just giving people like me and other users a way to offer a small donation for giving us the ROM we always needed on our devices.

Am not too sure to why a donation button should not be used on his account instead, But a donation is a donation either way you look at it, I disagree with your actions.
Phone: Samsung Note 3, Iphone 5

Do You Like My Work Or Have I Helped You Out? Please

Want a Theme Updating or Porting onto Any ROM PM Me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dave7802 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lvnatic
Old
(Last edited by lvnatic; 14th August 2014 at 01:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 99
How about the fact that I asked many times why I can't use the original TouchWiz notification toggles after flashing the samsung stock theme and he said it has to be the paid theme. How the hell can he charge for something made by Samsung?
I always thought there is too much paid stuff in his thread, if you do this as a hobby and like sharing stuff with people then we say thank you, but if you start making this your job and expect to be paid for it, xda is not the place to do it.
The hhyper drive ROM chef is another similar situation, but not that aggressive, yet.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005, knox 0x1

Running latest leanKernel

Previous devices:

Nexus 10
Nexus S
HTC Desire
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lvnatic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dave7802
Old
Thanks Meter 201

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvnatic View Post
How about the fact that I asked many times why I can't use the original TouchWiz notification toggles after flashing the samsung stock theme and he said it has to be the paid theme. How the hell can he charge for something made by Samsung?
I always thought there is too much paid stuff in his thread, if you do this as a hobby and like sharing stuff with people then we say thank you, but if you start making this your job and expect to be paid for it, xda is not the place to do it.
The hhyper drive ROM chef is another similar situation, but not that aggressive, yet.
Okay you make a fair point, I had no idea he was charging for stock themes (essentially speaking)
I thought the X-Note was the only application for donations, And them generally loosing there Signing key due to HD failure seemed legit and fair enough to give users and explanation on XDA. It is the development ground after all.
But to answer your question, you cannot flash a stock theme without modifying the framework.

N-Xnote will use a different framework to SammyROM
You can create this yourself by decompiling the stock theme and a little patents and editing
If its a massive issue, Drop me a PM with all the details and ill sort you out myself if its still a issue buddy
Phone: Samsung Note 3, Iphone 5

Do You Like My Work Or Have I Helped You Out? Please

Want a Theme Updating or Porting onto Any ROM PM Me
The Following User Says Thank You to dave7802 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jonny
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7,956

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave7802 View Post
Original:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2301&page=1233

What do you mean Jonny? pushing all his donations and paid apps?
The ROM comes with Xnote application pre installed (Shortcut to all the mods and tweaks)
He offers the ability for users to uninstal the pre-installed version and download a paid version of the store.

That PAID version is no different from the pre-installed version.
Its just giving people like me and other users a way to offer a small donation for giving us the ROM we always needed on our devices.

Am not too sure to why a donation button should not be used on his account instead, But a donation is a donation either way you look at it, I disagree with your actions.
I'm afraid we do not disclose details to members not involved in the situation. Whether or not you agree with my actions, they stand as they are.

And speaking of which, seeing as this is probably going to continue I'm closing this thread as a precautionary action, it will be re-opened along with the ROM threads when the OP resolves the issues XDA staff has with his thread and posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jonny For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
n9005, samsung note, xnote
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe