Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,713 Members 39,158 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] AT&T SM-P907a Root?.

Tip us?

gubbilo144
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Default rebooting issue fixed

Hey guys, I was getting the reboots on my sm-p907a and ever since I deleted everything containing Knox in system /app. I haven't had a reboot since about 2 weeks now running flawless. i think it's 6 files all together. If anyone wants to know which ones I got rid of let me know I'll post which ones
The Following User Says Thank You to gubbilo144 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Earthdog
Old
Thanks Meter 80

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gubbilo144 View Post
Hey guys, I was getting the reboots on my sm-p907a and ever since I deleted everything containing Knox in system /app. I haven't had a reboot since about 2 weeks now running flawless. i think it's 6 files all together. If anyone wants to know which ones I got rid of let me know I'll post which ones
I'd like to know the files as I can't seem to nail down the problem.
Quotes to Live by:

If a problem can be solved there is no use worrying about it. If it can't be solved, worrying will do no good.

Don't complain unless you are willing to offer a solution and participate in the solution. If not then SHUTUP!!!

phirestalker
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthdog View Post
I can't remember the names, but delete any file that says knox from the /system/app folder. you will need a root file browser and just reboot when they are all deleted.

gubbilo144
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Default Deleted files to stop reboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthdog View Post
These are the files I deleted and haven't had a reboot in over 3 weeks. These are located in system/app. ContainerAgent.apk, ContainerAgent. Odex, KnoxAgent.apk, KnoxAgent.odex,KnoxAttestationAgent.apk,KnoxAttest ationAgent.odex,KnoxStore.apk,KnoxStore.odex,KnoxV pnService.apk,KnoxVpnService.odex.Thats it

phirestalker
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gubbilo144 View Post
These are the files I deleted and haven't had a reboot in over 3 weeks. These are located in system/app. ContainerAgent.apk, ContainerAgent. Odex, KnoxAgent.apk, KnoxAgent.odex,KnoxAttestationAgent.apk,KnoxAttest ationAgent.odex,KnoxStore.apk,KnoxStore.odex,KnoxV pnService.apk,KnoxVpnService.odex.Thats it
I didn't delete these 2 files ContainerAgent.apk, ContainerAgent and mine hasn't rebooted in 3 or 4 weeks either, but looking at the icon with the shield it looks like it may be knox related. I am wondering, is that the knox icon and should I delete them?

eazyg
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you for this post. I just made the call to send my note back to Samsung but haven't sent it out yet. I will be trying this when I get home from work today and will report my findings after some testing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app