Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,571 Members 51,562 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TOOL] Website for instant firmware update check for Xperia phones

Tip us?

IaguCool
Old
Thanks Meter 342

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pascalbrax View Post
I did as well... what? Cooperating with Flashtool's dev? Nope, unfortunately he didn't need my help. Made something useful for the community? Well, yes.

Now, back to your search, you know I've used XperiFirm and you know it's great.

You know there are some "tools" around here to check firmware, like your XperiFirm, or UpdateChecker by @Macmol or my website, which doesn't have so many devices, but that's ok since I've made it the first time more than one year ago just for checking my Xperia Z phone.

I have a question for you, a serious one: since your search tool is so good and fast, I don't doubt that, and we don't want to hammer Sony servers, do you think is there a way to create a big one database that we can check online and that can feed all this data to your software, or another one, or flashtool or anyone?

Of course you don't have to do all this alone.
When I first made XperiFirm, it was for my benefit at first, then I decided that it'll serve the community well. I never, ever, said that I am that kind of person who shares everything. This is what I get for sharing: being called arrogant, being blamed for wanting profit, being asked for more and more. I should have kept it for myself and save me some nerves.

The important thing, after all, is not XperiFirmSearch, but its output (the CDAs). What good will it give if every pro and noob as one will start playing with it and hammer Sony servers, right?
Right now I'm storing the results of XperiFirmSearch on my private site, only because I have no "major" place to create a dedicated, public database. I won't mind if people would use this kind of database for their project, but I would mind if they use the one stored on my website (limited bandwidth concerns).
\\\\\\\\\ Truth. Wisdom. Freedom. /////////
Truth. Freedom. Intelligence.
<><><><><>< Unchain Your Mind ><><><><><>

pascalbrax
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by IaguCool View Post
When I first made XperiFirm, it was for my benefit at first, then I decided that it'll serve the community well. I never, ever, said that I am that kind of person who shares everything. This is what I get for sharing: being called arrogant, being blamed for wanting profit, being asked for more and more. I should have kept it for myself and save me some nerves.
Oh man, I understand you. I've made my web page just for myself and for fun and now people complain that it doesn't have enough devices.

You're called arrogant because of your posts, not because of what you've done.

For what is worth, you gave to the community a very nice tool and I'm grateful to you for that.

Quote:
The important thing, after all, is not XperiFirmSearch, but its output (the CDAs). What good will it give if every pro and noob as one will start playing with it and hammer Sony servers, right?
Yes, the search results are very interesting. Mainly because YOUR LISTS ARE THE BEST HERE. Mind you, the other update checker tool is updated by the community, my web site is updated by myself when I find the right info around and I discard old phones because there's no need for a firmware check of an old Xperia S.

But your list is 100% complete and automatic. That's why I was giving you the hint that all these software could benefit from your work.

Of course, if you want to share it with everyone, this is your call.

Quote:
Right now I'm storing the results of XperiFirmSearch on my private site, only because I have no "major" place to create a dedicated, public database. I won't mind if people would use this kind of database for their project, but I would mind if they use the one stored on my website (limited bandwidth concerns).

if you're interested, I have a few hosts and databases around the internet and if I can help you somehow, just tell me what you need. I have much respect for your work and your privacy.

IaguCool
Old
Thanks Meter 342

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pascalbrax View Post
if you're interested, I have a few hosts and databases around the internet and if I can help you somehow, just tell me what you need. I have much respect for your work and your privacy.
Thank you. I store the lists in XMLs, since I do some fixing of the Operator labels (Sony has a weird and inconsistent way of writing operator names) so it's just a fast storage for XMLs that is needed.

By the way, I'm not a modest person, that I know already. But "arrogant" is an overstatement.

Generally, I have a syncing software that can upload updates quickly.
\\\\\\\\\ Truth. Wisdom. Freedom. /////////
Truth. Freedom. Intelligence.
<><><><><>< Unchain Your Mind ><><><><><>