Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,911 Members 49,784 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL]★☆★CHECKM8★☆★ Team-CodeCraft_final4now | Optimized | Linaro 4.9.1 | exFAT

Tip us?

riot1031
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I am currently running the stock rom and kernel. If I back up my existing kernel with Flashify, will I be able to successfully revert back to it? I only ask because I've seen some people have trouble with wifi/modules. Thanks!!

devilalwayscries
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Do a nanodroid backup. It backups everything so if something happens you can restore it back as if you never tried flashing
The Following User Says Thank You to devilalwayscries For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

riot1031
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilalwayscries View Post
Do a nanodroid backup. It backups everything so if something happens you can restore it back as if you never tried flashing
Solid advice, and I always do a backup before flashing! My concern is that what if I run this kernel for a week or two, then decide I want to revert back. By then my nandroid is old! I'd like an easier way to revert back without having to re-flash my Rom! Thanks!

devilalwayscries
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Do you use titanium at all? If you backup your apps and messages I don't see how restoring a nano is a issue... But anyways flashing kernels you don't lose data so you should be good to return if you don't like the kernel...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to devilalwayscries For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NotATreoFan
Old
Moderator Committee Developer Committee Working for the Weekend
Thanks Meter 4559
Quote:
Originally Posted by riot1031 View Post
Solid advice, and I always do a backup before flashing! My concern is that what if I run this kernel for a week or two, then decide I want to revert back. By then my nandroid is old! I'd like an easier way to revert back without having to re-flash my Rom! Thanks!
You should be able to get away with restoring only Boot and System, then clearing cache/dalvik. As long as your ROM doesn't change.

Contact the Moderator Committee with any questions or concerns regarding forum moderation.

Please MENTION me if you require semi-prompt assistance. I may not see posts for several hours.

Twitter | Portal | Forum Moderator List
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NotATreoFan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

riot1031
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Thanks guys!! I flashed the latest OC version and so far, so good!! Only oddity I have encountered is that using Trickster Mod I can't enable just sweep2sleep. When I set it to s2s and apply it, it reverts back to s2w + s2s. No biggy as I can live without it and just use the double-tap to wake.

Bubbadogg14
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Is this compatible with the new viper 2.0.x updates?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW
The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbadogg14 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NotATreoFan
Old
Moderator Committee Developer Committee Working for the Weekend
Thanks Meter 4559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbadogg14 View Post
Is this compatible with the new viper 2.0.x updates?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW
You can run this kernel at the moment since the Verizon model will boot 4.4.3 without matching firmware. But you will have issues with the phone appearing to hang during boot, and it taking up to 5 minutes. Once we have official firmware for 4.4.3, the kernel will need to be updated.

Contact the Moderator Committee with any questions or concerns regarding forum moderation.

Please MENTION me if you require semi-prompt assistance. I may not see posts for several hours.

Twitter | Portal | Forum Moderator List

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NotATreoFan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]