2 Great scribble-notes workarounds

Search This thread

nubie

May 20, 2008
Hello,

Don't you just hate it that when you save a scribble, it opens a note and you have to discard that note... All that time wasted.

I use my Flyer for school and wanted to share this workaround that I've discovered. This is on the stock gingerbread ROM, so I can't say about the HC.

The issue is that I use the notes application and record my lectures, and when I take a screenshot of something and save that scribble, it opens a new note and stops the recording on the existing one. So I was trying different ways to save a scribble and not open notes app.

When done scribbling and want to save it and not open the notes app, try these 2 workarounds:

(if you don't have a printer installed)
1 when done scribbling, instead of tapping save, tab print. It will say you have no printer installed, then just back out and that image will be saved in the scribbled folder.

2 when done scribbling, press the power button + home button. This takes a screenshot and saves it under camera shots folder in the gallery.

By doing these, you don't have to deal with the notes application opening up whenever you have to save a scribble.

Hope these help,

Regards

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using XDA Premium App

Reactions: immjg and veethree

tsuharesu

May 10, 2009
Really Thanks!

I thought I could only take screenshot with the pen. Now that we know about Home + Power, its a lot easier =)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

Don't you just hate it that when you save a scribble, it opens a note and you have to discard that note... All that time wasted.

I use my Flyer for school and wanted to share this workaround that I've discovered. This is on the stock gingerbread ROM, so I can't say about the HC.

The issue is that I use the notes application and record my lectures, and when I take a screenshot of something and save that scribble, it opens a new note and stops the recording on the existing one. So I was trying different ways to save a scribble and not open notes app.

When done scribbling and want to save it and not open the notes app, try these 2 workarounds:

(if you don't have a printer installed)
    1 when done scribbling, instead of tapping save, tab print. It will say you have no printer installed, then just back out and that image will be saved in the scribbled folder.

2 when done scribbling, press the power button + home button. This takes a screenshot and saves it under camera shots folder in the gallery.

By doing these, you don't have to deal with the notes application opening up whenever you have to save a scribble.

Hope these help,

Regards

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using XDA Premium App