Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,559 Members 40,936 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One Won't show up on computer

Tip us?

scottspa74
Old
Thanks Meter 2,799
BD, you're always serving up the best. Great asset to this community.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Evo LTE=$XXX.XX ~ XDADevs = PRICELESS
------
Evo LTE. AKA "the beast" . Thanks regaw_lienad, you're a genius.
ROM: AOKP
Kernel: komodo v7
Hboot: lazy panda S-off 1.12.222

Evo 4G HW002
Rom: Deck GB
Kernel: SZ 0.savaged zen21
Recovery: AmonRa 1.80

- thanks whitslack & fastRX8 & Netarchy & Toast, of course. - my Evo: the house that toast built (& many other XDAers)- thank you all

pradip.108
Old
Thanks Meter 8
How to move app to sd on core I8262 monster built 3?

Sent from my GT-I8262 using xda app-developers app

pwncbubr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default HTC One M7 same problem!

I was following along until the moderator sent the other guy a PM and the forum kinda died! What was the outcome of this! Was there a solution? I'm in the same exact boat. Thank you for all the great information!

djready
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwncbubr View Post
I was following along until the moderator sent the other guy a PM and the forum kinda died! What was the outcome of this! Was there a solution? I'm in the same exact boat. Thank you for all the great information!
Nope nothing happened he tried everything that i had tried and i got nothing. I still have the phone but i cant do anything with it because it doesn't connect to the computer.

pwncbubr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by djready View Post
Nope nothing happened he tried everything that i had tried and i got nothing. I still have the phone but i cant do anything with it because it doesn't connect to the computer.
Ok, dang. Well my next plan is to open the phone and replace the charging port. I'm hopeful this will be the final solution.

djready
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Ok, dang. Well my next plan is to open the phone and replace the charging port. I'm hopeful this will be the final solution.
Let me know how that goes for you i still have that phone its in great condition but i dont want to get rid of it.

fried_twinkii
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by djready View Post
Let me know how that goes for you i still have that phone its in great condition but i dont want to get rid of it.
Quote:
Go into settings>Developer options> turn on d options and also turn on USB debugging. That will let you access your phone from the computer.

bevoosted
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default Tried that too...

Quote:
Just figured I'd chime in for anyone like me who also runs into this thread(I realize it's a few months old now)...

Was having the same exact issue with my HTC One m7...Plugged the phone in tons of times over the year I had it, never once had a issue...all of a sudden one day I get this USB not recognized(if Im lucky usually nothing happens)...So I plug in my other M7 ..it shows up instantly...tried everything as well....Finally got a brand new port put in.....STILL nothing....talk about frustrating...this was a month ago...

Just got a Max m7. ...nothing same USB not recognized...same phone charges fine but nothing registers on the phone as being plugged in. I gotta wonder if this is a 4.4.2 issue?? Any ideas anyone , any solutions (btw all of these previously mentioned phones are bone stock, never rooted, unlocked, or anything...I tried hard reset on both, cleaned the ports , installed brand new port on one, still nothing. Something ain't right here.

StormyNight
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevoosted View Post
Just figured I'd chime in for anyone like me who also runs into this thread(I realize it's a few months old now)...

Was having the same exact issue with my HTC One m7...Plugged the phone in tons of times over the year I had it, never once had a issue...all of a sudden one day I get this USB not recognized(if Im lucky usually nothing happens)...So I plug in my other M7 ..it shows up instantly...tried everything as well....Finally got a brand new port put in.....STILL nothing....talk about frustrating...this was a month ago...

Just got a Max m7. ...nothing same USB not recognized...same phone charges fine but nothing registers on the phone as being plugged in. I gotta wonder if this is a 4.4.2 issue?? Any ideas anyone , any solutions (btw all of these previously mentioned phones are bone stock, never rooted, unlocked, or anything...I tried hard reset on both, cleaned the ports , installed brand new port on one, still nothing. Something ain't right here.
Did you try using another USB cable?

bevoosted
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default Absolutely...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyNight View Post
Did you try using another USB cable?
Yes, definitely... I have around 15 usb cables, half oem Samsung, the other half oem HTC, and a Blackberry cable...I have been flashing phones to Boost Mobile for the past five years (which is why I keep so many cables) because often for some odd reason cables , for no apparent reason, will work fine on one phone & not the other. Also, that's why I'm confident in saying that based off my experience with so many HTC devices, and never having this issue with any other device except for the HTC One..

That it appears to me to be a issue with Sense 5.5 - 6 4.4.2 HTC android versions. I never had this problem till I started seeing phones doing it that all had that in common(including one of my own m7's that I got when it first came out, hooked it up to a pc countless times(managing the memory ) over the first year I had it...Never had a issue connecting to the pc.Once it was updated to Sense 6 the problem started. Now I'm not saying it happens w/ every device , my other M7 is running 6 and connects just fine...but the other day I got a m7 Max, doing the samething, and running 6...

Of course , I guess it could just be some coincidence... but my educated guess is that it's some error in the Sense 6 that can occur randomly.