Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,386 Members 51,519 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][OFFICIAL][AOSP][KK][05/09] **C-RoM** -***4.4.4***- -v7.1!

Tip us?

jake0125
Old
(Last edited by jake0125; 9th July 2014 at 07:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 11
I just started having the warning appear on my screen, "Unfortunately the process com.android.systemui has stopped" appear. Most times it renders my phone where the screen will go blank but the soft buttons at the bottom of the phone light up. Other times the phone will just lock up and shut down. Pulling the battery is the only way to get the phone to operate. I did a clean install, not using anything but what came with the 7.1 download. I was using google now launcher for awhile before I started having issues but I switched back to one that came with the rom with the same problems existing. I had issues with the earlier version of google now launcher when running another rom so thought it may be an issue. Any suggestions? I am going to try another clean install and see if the issue comes back.

iPenguin02
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Great Rom love it so far. I do have 2 questions

1. Anyone have any issues with zedge when they set a ringtone? When i downloaded a song it doesn't loops, once it is done it stops making a sound while i am receiving a call.

2. Anyone know of a good tethering app that will work with kitkat? I read in a few places that it's hard to tether with kitkat, but i assume thats with stock rom. correct me if i'm wrong of course.

No4g4Me
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Is everything working?

ghostyroasty
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I have issues with the Bluetooth, but everything else seems fine.

marky310
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyroasty View Post
I have issues with the Bluetooth, but everything else seems fine.

This is it, pretty much. Can't wait for an update to fix this

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Phone: Galaxy S III [Pebble Blue]
Old: HTC Glacier (R.I.P. buddy, I'll miss you )

johnny tsunami
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I'm wanting to pull the trigger on an aosp ROM like this one, but the Bluetooth problem is a big one for me. Also what gapps version would I need if I get it from cm? Hopefully I can try this one out. Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Free mobile app

thepiecesfit
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Anyone having issues receiving calls on this rom? Few people call me I pick up nothing. Keeps ringing on the other side. This is a problem. May need to uninstall. I can reproduce with my wife's phone every time. Need to hang up and call her back.

vestaviajag
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny tsunami View Post
I'm wanting to pull the trigger on an aosp ROM like this one, but the Bluetooth problem is a big one for me. Also what gapps version would I need if I get it from cm? Hopefully I can try this one out. Thanks.
The only version of this ROM that has the bluetooth bug is 7.1, try the 6.6 version, it's practically flawless... I can't find anything wrong with it.

As for the gapps, just use the set in the OP. I find if you start using other gapps not associate with a specific ROM you start getting issues. Go with what the OP/Dev has suggested.
Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III
Radio: MD4
ROM: Dirty Unicorn | v7.8 Test (Aug 19) | Kitkat 4.4.4
Kernel: Quantum Kernel | v7-11 (July 11) | Linux 3.4.94
Recovery: TWRP | v2.7.1.0 (June 5) | Holo-Light Theme
SD Card: SanDisk | 32GB | Class 10
---
History: Kyocera 7135|Blackberry 7250|HTC Apache|HTC Mogul|HTC Touch Pro|HTC Hero|HTC EVO 3D|Samsung Galaxy S III
The Following User Says Thank You to vestaviajag For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

johnny tsunami
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestaviajag View Post
The only version of this ROM that has the bluetooth bug is 7.1, try the 6.6 version, it's practically flawless... I can't find anything wrong with it.

As for the gapps, just use the set in the OP. I find if you start using other gapps not associate with a specific ROM you start getting issues. Go with what the OP/Dev has suggested.
I clicked the one in the op and it takes me to CW's site, and list some from 7-11 which is what gives me the confusion. also ill look into 6.6 thanks.

b1ggjoe
Old
Thanks Meter 66

DONATE TO ME
Hello Everyone,

Quick question: I installed this ROM last night on my Sprint SGS3. It booted up once and all seemed perfect. Then while I was going through the setup process, it rebooted for no apparent reason, then got stuck in an endless boot-loop cycle. Nothing I did worked to get it unstuck out of that boot-loop cycle.

Then as a desperate attempt, I went into Recovery and chose 'Fix Permissions'. Somehow that did something, because afterwards it rebooted perfectly.

I then finished up the setup process and began installing apps. I did a reboot (I forgot why) and then the boot-loop cycle began once again.

Now, even if I do 'Fix Permissions'...nothing will get it out of the boot-loop cycle.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks!

BJ
Phone(s) : Samsung Galaxy S3 - Wicked Sensations ROM (v4.3) | LG Optimus S - COLD AS ICE-CM9 ROM | iPhone 4 - Jail-Broken IOS v5.0.1 | Palm Pre - **Patched & running Developer Mode & PreWare' | Palm Pixi - **Developer Mode, patched OC Kernal & PreWare | Blackberry Curve 9330 - Hybrid OS OSBB 600v9
Tablet(s) : Toshiba Thrive 16 GB - Team Baked Black Bean Thrive ROM (Unofficial- By Pio) | B+N Nook Tablet - CodefireX for the NT ROM (Unofficial)