Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,261 Members 37,686 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] SlimFast 4.4 TW v-4

Tip us?
 
Biker1bob
Old
#681  
Biker1bob's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 122
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mississauga
Running this ROM, I like just about everything.

Couple of issues. First.. People talk about Kernel choices. I cant find a reference in about device to Agni or Devil. Mine says 3.031-1398348 dp1@SWDD5916#1

NO idea???

2nd - with multimedia apps I get failures.. IS this a common issue with this ROM?

Hope people are still reading this thread.

James
_______________________________________________
Phone: SGH-i317m used on WIND
ROM: SLIMFAST 4.4
 
eksoccer99
Old
#682  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 217
Posts: 506
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1bob View Post
Running this ROM, I like just about everything.

Couple of issues. First.. People talk about Kernel choices. I cant find a reference in about device to Agni or Devil. Mine says 3.031-1398348 dp1@SWDD5916#1

NO idea???

2nd - with multimedia apps I get failures.. IS this a common issue with this ROM?

Hope people are still reading this thread.

James
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furioustylez View Post
What Kernel are you using? If Agni, then that's the problem. That kernel has a wake lock issue for some reason. I had the same issue when ever I plugged my phone in to charge, the phone would lock. Had to do battery pulls all the time. Try using Devil Kernel. I've had no issues with that Kernel.

Sent from the Phantom Drive on Krypton.
Devils kernel isnt TW 4.4.
supported, only aosp rom 4.4 is. That's why everyone is trying/using angi kernel.
 
Biker1bob
Old
#683  
Biker1bob's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 122
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mississauga
ok, so no Devils Kernel,

Anyone heard of the issues I am having with the sound programs??

Can anyone else try changing ringtones or using the music player and see if you get crashes?

I have fixed the phone issue with loading in a different modem. I went with the last from Rogers and it is working great.

James
_______________________________________________
Phone: SGH-i317m used on WIND
ROM: SLIMFAST 4.4
 
Biker1bob
Old
#684  
Biker1bob's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 122
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mississauga
Hmmm.. not much talk here.. guess not a lot of users of this rom?

What about FLASH player?

I have tried to install the ics flash player you see in online tutorials for kit kat and not working.. yes I have unknown sources.

James
_______________________________________________
Phone: SGH-i317m used on WIND
ROM: SLIMFAST 4.4
 
Blackfyre
Old
#685  
Blackfyre's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 187
Posts: 337
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1bob View Post
Hmmm.. not much talk here.. guess not a lot of users of this rom?

What about FLASH player?

I have tried to install the ics flash player you see in online tutorials for kit kat and not working.. yes I have unknown sources.

James
Hello James....

You should try installing AGni Kernal (It should fix the issues you've mentioned). I am not currently using this ROM, the ROM I use is in my signature but when I did use this ROM, any issues I had were fixed via flashing AGni Kernal for STOCK Android TW. IF you need the link and can't find it, let me know I'll post it up..

It's in the N7105 Section of the forum...

Google search:

STOCK AGNI N7105 TW

Should be first link (starting with the word KERNEL).
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - N7105

ROM - [Feature Filled & Stable; Galaxy S5 + Note 3 Features - Android 4.4.2 TouchWizz]

DN5v2+ ROM for N7105 from Electron Team

Support The Developers That Support YOU... Click "THANKS" If I've Helped YOU.
 
Biker1bob
Old
#686  
Biker1bob's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 122
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mississauga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfyre View Post
Hello James....

You should try installing AGni Kernal (It should fix the issues you've mentioned). I am not currently using this ROM, the ROM I use is in my signature but when I did use this ROM, any issues I had were fixed via flashing AGni Kernal for STOCK Android TW. IF you need the link and can't find it, let me know I'll post it up..

It's in the N7105 Section of the forum...

Google search:

STOCK AGNI N7105 TW

Should be first link (starting with the word KERNEL).
Well I downloaded it.. 4.2.4(stock 4.4.2) and it asked me to put a sound mod in.. I used the one it recomended, so far so good.

thanks

James
_______________________________________________
Phone: SGH-i317m used on WIND
ROM: SLIMFAST 4.4
 
zounduser
Old
#687  
zounduser's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,497
Posts: 4,642
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: sioux falls SD

 
DONATE TO ME
Is there a mirror to the contacts dialer download.
AT&T HTC ONE
VERIZON HTC ONE max
AT&T Galaxy Note 3
BLACKOUT SQUAD MEMBER
TEAM DART TESTER
VIPER ROM TESTER

Tags
4.4, kitkat, note2, touchwiz
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes