TW 4.4.2 Stock Verizon I545VRUFNC5 For MDK BootLoader

Search This thread

casey225

Apr 18, 2012
I checked my application manager and didn't see a "Software Update". I'm not sure what that is. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I checked my Galaxy Tab Pro (stock rom, rooted, wifi only) and it also has 2 versions of this same app, so I assume it is from Samsung. Wanna guess how long it took me to freeze those suckers!!! I was encountering more and more problems daily - totally messed up my toggles and couldn't pull down full list, TiBu said my android ID had changed, etc. Totally screwed my phone. Finally forced me to FDR and that has fixed everything, so far, with exception of one random reboot while TiBu was restoring my apps.

Well crap, I may have found the problem. I just installed Xposed framework and home button problem started immediately after the reboot.

Last edited:

syintiphic

Feb 10, 2012
I'm running this right now and its flawless! I'm really liking it! I hope to see more ROMs off this build!:)

Thanks a lot for this!!!

Same here. :thumbup: This was the first ROM I installed when i got my S4 a few weeks back. Very nice so far and I'm pleased with the performance.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Malaclypse5

Jan 24, 2009
Help - Lost Bootloader?

Clearing this post but reporting the behavior: came from hyperdrive, after running this rom went into soft brick going back to hyperdrive but could still flash this rom, usually with weird behavior, several reflashes to no avail, I checked buildprop, still showed MDK, reinstalled latest TWRP, dirty flash and FDR and back in business, see posts few pages back if you have these issues: the big sign for me that this had to be done was home button not working on single press.

Last edited:

calebcabob

Jul 14, 2013
Massachusetts
Hey I'm currently running VZW_NC5_AROMA_4_29_30 and want to flash the S5 Theme from @jrkruse. However, I read that the theme was originally intended for use with the I545_VRUFNC2_AROMA_4_18_14. Can anyone tell me what I might be sacrificing if I were to switch over to the NC2 build...like features, bug fixes, etc. Thanks everyone:)!!

casey225

Apr 18, 2012
I have another issue that I've just verified to be non-random ... whenever I take a picture that requires "processing" (like a Night-Mode shot, or HDR) the progress bar will freeze for a couple seconds before the phone restarts itself (and the picture isn't there upon reboot). Sometimes I get one or two pictures complete before this happens, but it has never failed to happen. I thought maybe it was just bad luck the first few infrequent times I used the feature ... but now I realize it's always happening.

This leads me to believe it's kernel related (as bluetooth and camera issues typically are) ... if anyone else is still on the included/packaged kernel and can try taking some night-mode shots, let me know.

Has anyone found a solution for this yet? I have done FDR and reflashed ROM a couple of times, mainly to fix home button issue. This has cured pretty much everything except this camera issue. This happened to me multiple times this weekend causing me to lose several important pics - quite frustrating! Since this never happened with MDK, would installing the camera apk from a different build be worthwhile?

calebcabob

Jul 14, 2013
Massachusetts
I just did a fresh install with the NC2 version in order to try out the S5 Theme mentioned on page #29 of this thread.

I flashed it over a clean install- tried it twice. Not sure that I'm seeing where the S5 theming is integrated with...should I see it in settings? Please tell me if I am doing something wrong, as I downgraded to NC2 to just try this out, I'd love to give it a fair try!!

Thanks!

SCDroid

Dec 3, 2009
So I flashed the chaos rom the other day for a change. The phone app and Google now wouldn't load, just freeze up when opened. So I wiped, went back to a backup I had. Well the problem followed it. Plus the phones battery life was awful and very very sluggish. So I downloaded, wiped 6 times and flashed this. We'll now the phone app works but the phone is vibrating in a pattern over and over. Vibrate once then twice,,, once then twice. I flashed ktoonz kernel and still have the problem. Any solutions other than flashing stock in Odin? Tia

double zero

Dec 2, 2011
I am on Vanir right now. I need to return to stock so I can return my current phone to Verizon. I was wondering if I flashed this Rom, ran Triangle Away (to reset the counter), then unrooted via SuperSU settings, would that basically return my phone to stock? If I were to unroot, would I get any type of Verizon OTA? Just confused on how to get back to stock, especially since I don't have a working USB!!

ElBow513

Apr 20, 2011
Howdy everyone, I'm kinda an s4 newb... I have had my Verizon S4 since the day it came out and I rooted it right away but left the stock root for over a year (4.2.2 mdk). I really enjoy the stock experience but wanted to update it to the latest release without losing root.

So I downloaded nc5 from here (md5 checked good), factory wipe, clear cache and dalvik, install, restore apps with tibu.

Worked great, but I keep getting random crashes, sod's and reboots. I don't mind the random reboot here and there but when I goto sleep and don't wake up because my alarm never went off, I get pissed. Also almost half the time after taking a picture in auto mode, it says processing and reboots. Also sometimes after the reboot the radio seems uber slow in getting a signal.

I've read tons of pages on here but curious what the best solution for my woes is. Is there anything I can do besides re formatting my internal and external SD card? I'll attach a screenshot of my current set up. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

2b273555dd6f559fa88f89ab301030d4.jpg

ViperGeek

Sep 12, 2008
Merrimack, NH
Howdy everyone, I'm kinda an s4 newb... I have had my Verizon S4 since the day it came out and I rooted it right away but left the stock root for over a year (4.2.2 mdk). I really enjoy the stock experience but wanted to update it to the latest release without losing root.

So I downloaded nc5 from here (md5 checked good), factory wipe, clear cache and dalvik, install, restore apps with tibu.

Worked great, but I keep getting random crashes, sod's and reboots.

I pretty much followed the same path you did with two distinct differences:
  1. used the Full Stock I545VRUFNC2 image (not NC5 Aroma)
  2. didn't restore apps via Titanium Backup
From previous battle scars, I tend to avoid doing a full restore from Titanium Backup between Android OS versions. It tends to restore version-specific incompatible bits, especially in /data/data, that takes hours to troubleshoot.

If I were you, I'd do a quick Nandroid backup (to protect against free advice making it worse), re-wipe, load the I545VRUFNC2 image, and let Mother Google restore your apps without data and see how it goes for a few days.

Good luck!

- Dave

ElBow513

Apr 20, 2011
I pretty much followed the same path you did with two distinct differences:
  1. used the Full Stock I545VRUFNC2 image (not NC5 Aroma)
  2. didn't restore apps via Titanium Backup
From previous battle scars, I tend to avoid doing a full restore from Titanium Backup between Android OS versions. It tends to restore version-specific incompatible bits, especially in /data/data, that takes hours to troubleshoot.

If I were you, I'd do a quick Nandroid backup (to protect against free advice making it worse), re-wipe, load the I545VRUFNC2 image, and let Mother Google restore your apps without data and see how it goes for a few days.

Good luck!

- Dave
I'm just curious if there is another build or stock rom I could flash to that doesn't have these issues. I've had a thunderbolt and several android tablets and my method with cwm of factory reset, clear cache, dalvik, tibu user app restore has never caused such issues...

Mix3d

Feb 24, 2008
Amherst
Overall seems to be working well, but Titanium backup seems unable to run - it loads ok, but cannot access the external SD card, where my backups are stored, and wont even show the list of apps to delete one by one... I'm coming from a FULL data and system wipe, so I can't imagine it being the install as an issue, and I can see the sdcard through any file browser.

Any Ideas?

ViperGeek

Sep 12, 2008
Merrimack, NH
Overall seems to be working well, but Titanium backup seems unable to run - it loads ok, but cannot access the external SD card, where my backups are stored, and wont even show the list of apps to delete one by one... I'm coming from a FULL data and system wipe, so I can't imagine it being the install as an issue, and I can see the sdcard through any file browser.

Any Ideas?
When I first upgraded from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2, Titanium Backup didn't find/guess my root folder correctly and I had to go into Settings to configure it manually. Also, I had other apps there weren't too psyched about KitKat's per-application SD card protection scheme. I ended up installing the HandleExternalStorage Xposed module to revert access to the SD card to pre-4.4 "free for all" mode.

Another shot in the dark: Are you running the latest, latest version of TB? Mine's 6.1.5.6.

- Dave

eiddor

Sep 19, 2010

Any Ideas?

Are you sure that Titanium was able to get root properly? Which your SU Pro or whatever Superuser program you're running.

Mix3d

Feb 24, 2008
Amherst
When I first upgraded from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2, Titanium Backup didn't find/guess my root folder correctly and I had to go into Settings to configure it manually. Also, I had other apps there weren't too psyched about KitKat's per-application SD card protection scheme. I ended up installing the HandleExternalStorage Xposed module to revert access to the SD card to pre-4.4 "free for all" mode.

Another shot in the dark: Are you running the latest, latest version of TB? Mine's 6.1.5.6.

- Dave

Are you sure that Titanium was able to get root properly? Which your SU Pro or whatever Superuser program you're running.

Yeah, it was definitely getting root fine, the Root OK message in green and the new entry in the permissions list in SU. It would load, but never hit the App list, and when setting the backup location, I could navigate to the folder, but after saving, it would say it couldnt access the folder. Definitely on the latest from the play store.

A few reboots later, it ended up working though, so I'm not quite sure what happened.

I'm dealing with a separate issue now though... it has fixed my texting issue (with CM/AOKP, I have to switch to Airplane mode after every text, in order to send another one), but phone calls have no sound, nothing sent through the mic, nothing received in the earpiece, even though the call connects.

Top Liked Posts