Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,363 Members 47,846 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FIX] TMO N900TUVUCNB4 External SD Card Write FIX

Tip us?

aerichards1977
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Anyone else having problems with this? I installed, i see the lines of code, but apps like swiftkey cannot access to write. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

s_snk3
Old
(Last edited by s_snk3; 13th March 2014 at 03:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerichards1977 View Post
Anyone else having problems with this? I installed, i see the lines of code, but apps like swiftkey cannot access to write. Any ideas?

yup, i see the lines but the phone doesnt recognize the card.

edit: turns out my card was bad, got a new one and its working great!!!!

wonsanim
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Works Great!

ronman71
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Could be my card is bad, but after using this fix for a few days my card became read-only. Like, period. I can't format it on my PC or my phone. I can access all files, but I can't delete or modify them. Any clues? I've asked around on XDA and there's one other person with this issue, but no fixes. I will try to get my card replaced through warranty in the meantime.

raw2000j
Old
Thanks Meter 170
I have an lg gpad and a note 3 this works on the note 3 but gpad I havent tried this yet.I flashed a rom based on stock and card doesnt write to apps only lg apps the rom claims it has the sd card fix but doesnt work like my note 3 my queation is if I flash this on the gpad will it mess anything up.The devs dont seem to be making any roms so Im stuck looking elsewhere

tnick84
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Nice!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Lorettaa
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Thanks!

andrewilley
Old
Thanks Meter 114
I'm still unrooted (damn Knox!) but rapidly coming to the conclusion that I just can't work on an unrooted phone any more, warranty or not.

Is there a non-root fix for this issue (as I know that apps like ES Explorer manage to bypass it on stock phones).

Andre
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 3, 32GB (Stock ROM/kernel; rooted ; Nova Launcher) 64GB SDHC card
Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Wi-Fi, 32GB (Infamous AOKP JB 4.2.2 ROM; Nova Launcher)

Previous:
Samsung Galaxy S3 16GB; 32GB SD card
HTC Desire Z 16MB SD card
T-Mobile MDA Vario III 8GB Sandisk SD card
T-Mobile MDA Vario

chris666
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up Thank for help to bring back ownership of my Memory Card to me

I'm again owner of my 64GB card- not Google ! My PlayerPro no more were updating ratings for songs ( end developer of PP was to lazy to try created designed folder on the card for the music ?) This was one of the reasons why I rooted the phone;so after I added this line (<group gid=”media_rw” />) everything is working again like was before update 4.4.2 on my Note 3- N900T.
Another thing what I looking for- is increase volume of my Bluetooth stereo headset. I successfully increased volume for wired headset and speaker (speaker- mono- is not strong side of this phone) with edited: mixer-paths.xml, but I can't find line or solution for the bluetooth, maybe someone can help me with it ?
Note: all changes I did using Root Explorer; could be done also with ES File Explorer

The Following User Says Thank You to chris666 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]