Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,717 Members 44,281 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is it possible to flash this android custom rom on a ZTE Open?

Tip us?

LinuxHolic
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by linr76 View Post
Interesting. Try flashing the boot.img from the zte fxos 1.1 update. Reflash cwm and then wipe data/cache. Reflash ics rom. Wipe.

for me gapps did not work, market kept crashing. Easily fixed by flashing gapps for cm9
Roger that!

linr76
Old
Thanks Meter 31

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinuxHolic View Post
Roger that!
so how did it go?

LinuxHolic
Old
(Last edited by LinuxHolic; 13th August 2014 at 07:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
so how did it go?
Sorry about tha late reply
Now this time bootloop is different
I'm now stuck on black screen(not black really) after Firefox OS logo

bmn65
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
with cwm 6.x -> advanced -> partition sd card.
first option is the size of the app container partition
second is swap (optional from 0 to 256MB)

after that you can move apps to the sd card in app manager without 3rd party tool.
newly installed apps will most go to sd then, since internal memory very small (i think 152M avilable from 256M)
So I've spent a whole 2-3 hours trying to get this working! but stuck with bootloop -- tried to load the ZTE update too without any luck.

Can someone take a CWM backup of their system and provide it? It would be of immense help -- I'm guessing the bootloop is caused by a mismatched bootimg -- so if someone knows which bootimg goes with the ICE rom, that would help too.

linr76
Old
(Last edited by linr76; 13th August 2014 at 08:11 PM.) Reason: additional info
Thanks Meter 31

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Sorry about tha late reply
Now this time bootloop is different
I'm now stuck on black screen(not black really) after Firefox OS logo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmn65 View Post
So I've spent a whole 2-3 hours trying to get this working! but stuck with bootloop -- tried to load the ZTE update too without any luck.

Can someone take a CWM backup of their system and provide it? It would be of immense help -- I'm guessing the bootloop is caused by a mismatched bootimg -- so if someone knows which bootimg goes with the ICE rom, that would help too.
ok, so mine had the bootloop also,
i tried around a bunch and might have forgotten a step.
afaik at some point (after installing the update-signed.zip) i must have installed the 1.1 FXOS boot image.
you can always get back to a running FXOS by installing the update-signed.zip and then install the 1.1 Update.zip
for the ics i think you will have to install the 1.1 boot image, as the 1.1 and 1.2 builds are based on ICS from what i know.

don't let yourself be discuraged, it's a bit trial and error, but it is nearly impossible to really brick this phone (probably the only real good thing about it)

oh, and if you have a working recovery, most of the time adb will work, so you can install the bootimage through adb
adb shell
su
flash_image boot /sdcard/boot.img (provided that you have the image on the sdcard)

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

heck, i cant remember anymore.
i went and looked which boot.img i had extracted, and it was from this one:
OPEN(European Standard) SD card upgrading instruction & software package(ebay)-2376270OPEN_EU_DEV_FFOS_V1.1.0B02(for V1.1)
US users might have to use the equivalent US one (but since US users reported that my modified boot image for 1.3 works - that is based on exactly this boot.img)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to linr76 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LinuxHolic
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
ok, so mine had the bootloop also,
i tried around a bunch and might have forgotten a step.
afaik at some point (after installing the update-signed.zip) i must have installed the 1.1 FXOS boot image.
you can always get back to a running FXOS by installing the update-signed.zip and then install the 1.1 Update.zip
for the ics i think you will have to install the 1.1 boot image, as the 1.1 and 1.2 builds are based on ICS from what i know.

don't let yourself be discuraged, it's a bit trial and error, but it is nearly impossible to really brick this phone (probably the only real good thing about it)

oh, and if you have a working recovery, most of the time adb will work, so you can install the bootimage through adb
adb shell
su
flash_image boot /sdcard/boot.img (provided that you have the image on the sdcard)

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

OPEN(European Standard) SD card upgrading instruction & software package(ebay)-2376270OPEN_EU_DEV_FFOS_V1.1.0B02(for V1.1)
US users might have to use the equivalent US one (but since US users reported that my modified boot image for 1.3 works - that is based on exactly this boot.img)
I always have cwm recovery installed so i can goto fasttboot and then flash any other ROM
And i also flashed 1.1 boot.img from fastboot but the result was same(got stucked on bootloop)
From recovery:
adb reboot-bootloader
fastboot flash boot boot.img

I think first i have to install update-signed.zip then 1.1 update from zte then i have to try ICS right?

Thanks for the help!

bmn65
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I have the exact same phone -- so if you could take a CWM backup, and upload them somewhere -- I could very easily restore! This phone is a mess

linr76
Old
Thanks Meter 31

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I always have cwm recovery installed so i can goto fasttboot and then flash any other ROM
And i also flashed 1.1 boot.img from fastboot but the result was same(got stucked on bootloop)
From recovery:
adb reboot-bootloader
fastboot flash boot boot.img

I think first i have to install update-signed.zip then 1.1 update from zte then i have to try ICS right?

Thanks for the help!
that is pretty much what i think should work.
beware though - i just realized that the Open are not all the same, there is a Revision 01 and 02 - mine is a 02.
ymmv

---------- Post added at 05:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 AM ----------

Quote:
beware though - i just realized that the Open are not all the same, there is a Revision 01 and 02 - mine is a 02.
ymmv
in order to do that i would need to reset my phone and scrub IMEI etc.
cannot do that since i am actually using it right now until i receive my new work issue phone.
i really don't want to go back to my MTK6515 if i can avoid it.
sorry.
also, since there are 2 Revisions of the phone it may even not work

in the end, it's the right combination of the ROM your trying to install and the boot.img that will work with it.
and yes, the phone IS messed up.
ZTE did a really good job there.
its basically a single sim V790, so that might help you also.
The Following User Says Thank You to linr76 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bmn65
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
ymmv

---------- Post added at 05:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 AM ----------

in order to do that i would need to reset my phone and scrub IMEI etc.
cannot do that since i am actually using it right now until i receive my new work issue phone.
i really don't want to go back to my MTK6515 if i can avoid it.
sorry.
also, since there are 2 Revisions of the phone it may even not work

in the end, it's the right combination of the ROM your trying to install and the boot.img that will work with it.
and yes, the phone IS messed up.
ZTE did a really good job there.
its basically a single sim V790, so that might help you also.
Hi, i'd like to request again if you'd take a CWM backup and upload it on google drive or something. The exact correct boot.img and system files will be backed up, place. if you're worried about your personal data -- you can just remove userdata from the backup.