Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 50,302 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lg VuTalk getting shut down

Tip us?

ziggysmalls
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Google Play should have installed an app that will delete the data.
The service (as stated) is going offline July 1st, so that may be why you can still see things.

xgman
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
Google Play should have installed an app that will delete the data.
The service (as stated) is going offline July 1st, so that may be why you can still see things.
It did, but that button in a call still remains as does the non functional Vutalk Uninstall app. Very odd...

MarstMachi
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Hey, sorry for hijacking- but have any of you been able to get a Vibrate On Call Connection (as opposed to an outgoing call dialed) feature to work? I've tried everything outside of flashing a new ROM & basically the consensus is that it's an issue with LG itself.

stonny9
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I only tried to use Vutalk once as I only my mother had it. The app just uninstalled itself a few minutes ago so I searched and found this thread.

MarstMachi
Old
(Last edited by MarstMachi; 3rd August 2014 at 03:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
If you're rooted you can get rid of the remnants with Xposed (not sure which module it is, though)

Edit: Found it, it's G2 TweaksBox => Calls Tweaks

crichards89
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy lg vutalk went of lg server is there any way to reactivate this personally??

Hey all,

I'm actually really upset that Lg took away VUTALK.. it really ruined my day when I found out perhaps it was one of reasons I decided to go with Lg in the first place.. is there anyone that can tell me if there's anyway around this.. I really want to make this feature work again and cannot understand Why everyone felt it was so unbeneficial.. it was very useful to me.. please give me any advice I'm not exactly tech savvy when it comes to this stuff.. but I was thinking if servers down then there's no way for me to go around it?

Vlad Paul
Old
Thanks Meter 96
I not use it never...anyway, i uninstalled VuTalk
LG G2 D802 16 GB, stock 4.4.2, TWRP 2.8.0.1 recovery, Dorimanx 7.6 Kernel

LG Nexus 4 E960, 16 GB ,stock 4.4.4 (KTU84P), ART, TWRP 2.8.0.1 recovery, stock kernel