Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,247 Members 51,269 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Google Play Issue (Lenovo S820)

Tip us?
 
mayxar
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jun 2014
Default [Q] Google Play Issue (Lenovo S820)

Recently, I updated my phone with the Lenovo system Update and since then, my Google play(and services) stopped working. I unistalled my Google Play and the services to solve the issue and reinstalled them back, but nothing worked. I did a factory recet but also, nothing worked.

I have followed most links on the web regarding the "Google play has stopped working" error and still, NOTHING has worked.

Please help.

My phone is Lenovo S820.
 
frost245
Old
#2  
frost245's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 32
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayxar View Post
Recently, I updated my phone with the Lenovo system Update and since then, my Google play(and services) stopped working. I unistalled my Google Play and the services to solve the issue and reinstalled them back, but nothing worked. I did a factory recet but also, nothing worked.

I have followed most links on the web regarding the "Google play has stopped working" error and still, NOTHING has worked.

Please help.

My phone is Lenovo S820.
Try deleting the host file in :
/etc

Sent from my GT-I8262 using XDA Free mobile app
 
mayxar
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by frost245 View Post
Try deleting the host file in :
/etc

Sent from my GT-I8262 using XDA Free mobile app


Mind explaining how in detail? I'm kinda of a noob in android.
 
mayxar
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jun 2014
Bump
 
frost245
Old
#5  
frost245's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 32
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayxar View Post
Mind explaining how in detail? I'm kinda of a noob in android.
Sorry, really sorry about the late respond..first, root your phone, install root explorer; then go to : etc, then delete the host file (dont forget to turn the permission r/w first!)

Sent from my GT-I8262 using XDA Free mobile app
 
cityengineers
Old
#6  
cityengineers's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 58
Join Date: Mar 2011
I too have the same Lenovo S820 phone which I upgraded to latest vibe UI 1.5 which is kitkat 4.4.2 OTA. After upgrading I lost the root. I tried to root it using Frama root, V root etc. but to no avail. Can someone please suggest how to root this phone with vibe UI 1.5 ?

Sent from my Lenovo S820 using Tapatalk
 
cityengineers
Old
#7  
cityengineers's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 58
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityengineers View Post
I too have the same Lenovo S820 phone which I upgraded to latest vibe UI 1.5 which is kitkat 4.4.2 OTA. After upgrading I lost the root. I tried to root it using Frama root, V root etc. but to no avail. Can someone please suggest how to root this phone with vibe UI 1.5 ?

Sent from my Lenovo S820 using Tapatalk
I found a way to root it using 4.4Root.zip . Just flashed this zip using custom recovery. If u don't have custom recovery, u need to flash it using flash tool.

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


LifeStats Automatic Journal Keeps Tabs of Your Day

Most of us live very active lives. This is after all why we’re fans of mobile … more

Android App Review: Hide Your Files with Androignito – XDA Developer TV

Stop right now, look at your phone, and see how many pictures, … more

BrightNotes Makes Cloud Notes Simple and Easy

There are literally thousands of note taking apps available on Android, with practically every … more

Google Glass XE20.1 Update Brings Improved Contacts, Head Nudge, New Cards and Commands

Ever since Google unveiled Android Wear earlier this … more